TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 17, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through May 17, 2022 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just two episodes left.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
'Hubba hubba ding ding'... I agree Sugar... and you gave me the giggles.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am puzzling over something. There seems to be a school of thought that Kate has died before Rebecca as she wasn't shown in the season finale episode that had them all gathering at Rebecca's bedside. Nor do I believe we saw her in the preview for next week when they are saying their goodbyes to Rebecca.
I think that Kate's son Jack is only 2 or 3 years older than Kevin's twins. The first peek we had at them meeting at Rebecca's deathbed, a blonde boy who looked around 12 said hi to his Uncle Randall who asked where his father was thus clueing us all into Kevin having a kid. So if young Nicky is 12, young Jack would be perhaps 15.
However, remember that we saw older Kate, Phillip, Toby and what's her name going to a bar to see one of young adult Jack's first performances. I would guess that Jack to be early or mid twenties.

If I have remembered correctly and have the timeline right, Kate would still be alive when Rebecca dies.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We haven’t seen her (yet) at that particular occasion but Kate is definitely alive when Rebecca dies. There is no way she can’t be alive because we have seen her (and she was happy) in flash forwards long after Rebecca’s death.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer, I could only remember the 1 flash forward but that doesn't always mean anything in TV land.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2022 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
This ep got to me. I cried so much I couldnt breathe.

As hard as it was to lose my Mom to leukemia when I was 34, it would have been so much harder to watch her go downhill like this. It was hard enough watching her die of cancer over the 8 months. She was 61. I turn 60 this year. It is hard to fathom that if I die at her age I would only have a year and half left. I miss her so much .

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2022 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The other part that made me cry hard was Rebecca calling out for Miguel. I can't imagine a life without my hubby. I always pray God takes me first.

We joke that it would be better for him anyway. He would get my pension (I wouldnt get his Navy pension) plus he would be a rich bachelor and could get a young hot chick.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
When did we see anything after Rebecca’s death? I don’t remember that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 14, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Julie, the one scene I remember was when young Jack, as a young adult, had a musical gig and Kate and her husband and Toby and his wife and I think Jack's girlfriend were there.

Young Jack was definitely older than he was at the time people were gathering to say goodbye to Rebecca.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2022 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Ok thanks Sea!! 😀

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 15, 2022 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So Chris Sullivan (Toby) is filming a pilot for a new show The Son in Law and one of the co-stars is Anupam Kher, who was Vijay on New Amsterdam.

Chris also recently announced that a second baby is on the way and is a girl. They have a young son.

Mandy Moore has an album out and is touring as a singer.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 15, 2022 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Interesting. Thanks, Sea.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
This episode got to me pretty badly too, just like Pamy. The calling out for Miguel, the brushing hair and applying lotion, and the handshake, all tear jerkers. My hubby who doesn't watch this walked in and was scared to death something was wrong with me.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Get the tissues ready tonight!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I'm 15 minutes in and don't know how to get through the next 45. It's beautiful and awesomely acted.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
second commercial break....Some of our favorite characters are on and they are perfect. The writers have outdone themselves.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
If something makes you sad when it ends, it must have been pretty wonderful. Oh, this is so much to take in. I wish we were all together in a tvch sobbing room. lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The ep was so gently presented. I bawled from start to finish. I'm ready to binge the entire series all over again, knowing what I know now.

(Have to admit I was confused by most of the Marcus storyline though. And trying to figure out who all the grand kids belonged to, and if they were all there.)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Mak, I loved that. William always had such beautiful lines!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think this may have been the last story episode of the series. Maybe next week will be just clips from the whole series introed by either characters or simply the actors.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Many Moore said on Fallon that the last episode would be like a warm hug.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wasn't this the last ep?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Mame, no, one more next week.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh. Ok. Thx Color. 😊

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I sure enjoyed seeing Dule Hill as Marcus’s father in the hospital.