TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : Archive through April 30, 2022 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Adam project...I wanted more Jennifer Gardner! I wanted scene of her and Mark Raffalo together. I was so let down. Thank goodness for Ryan Reynolds who carried the movie

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Don't read this Jimmer....until after you see the film! Oh yeah, that goes for everyone else, so we don't spoil it for Jimmer!

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Naja, it's been years since I saw this and I don't remember the kidnapping part. What I do remember is that she was the mother, but she was also the baby daddy...AND she was also the baby!! After traveling to a time after (or before?) "their" sex reassignment, she met a man who was actually herself from a different time and who had a different gender (after the transition). Then "they" had a baby who grew up to be all three of them as "they" crisscrossed the timelines. One person from three different timelines. That's why they said she was "born out of time".

I have to see it again now.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, this may help:

Spoiler
https://www.thisisbarry.com/film/predestination-2014-movie-plot-ending-explained/

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, I need to make a correction...

Spoiler
Oops. I said "crisscrossed the timelines. One person from three different timelines", but I misspoke.

They were one person in three different times that happened on one timeline. It could not have happened had their paradoxes branched off into alternate universes. As we all know, the logic of time travel is determined by the author alone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG, boy did I have it wrong!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Okay...I just finished watching it again. I had forgotten a few things.

Spoiler
Yes, Ethan was the baby daddy and yes, he stole the baby and took it to the orphanage. However, Ethan was also the baby momma. And Ethan was also the man who ruined Jane's life by setting her up to go through all this. And Ethan was also the fizzle bomber who not only was burned so horribly, but he also stood there and watched himself (as the bomber) burn...before he was patched up and given a new face that none of his younger selves recognized.

It's a very difficult story to explain because each event happened in a different time over a period of decades and out of order but, from the time traveling agent's POV, it was in perfect chronological order.

If you rewatch it knowing all this, you'll see a LOT of clues like one of them saying "We're a lot alike". Or when Ethan types "by Jane" and crosses it out "Jane" and changes it to "John".

I gotta add I cracked up when Ethan quit the bar as they were playing "I'm my own Grandpa"! lol.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
About Time was one of my favorites too. Off to see Predestination now.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I watched Predestination and now my head is spinning. Such an entertaining complicated story. I love time travel paradoxes. As well as being disturbing, that was a lot of fun! Oh and that website explaining it is great too.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
So glad you liked it, Jimmer! Time travel stories can be so unique and surprising.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for recommending it! Definitely my kind of movie.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Had no idea this existed…

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's hit series returns to Netflix

Servant of the People is once again available on Netflix in The US. The 2015 satirical comedy series stars Volodymyr Zelenskyy playing a teacher who unexpectedly becomes President after a video of him complaining about corruption suddenly goes viral.

https://ew.com/tv/volodymyr-zelenskyy-comedy-series-servant-of-the-people-returns-netflix/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the Predestination movie recommendation. I will check it out. I found it streaming on the Tubi app which is free. 👍

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I started watching (Servant of the People) and am really enjoying it! Much more than I was expecting to. Worth watching on its own merits, not just because of who the star is.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I watched Bad Vegan. Very interesting documentary about a famous vegan celebrity chef and author Sarma MeIngailis...and the downfall of her career and her restaurant after she married scam artist Anthony Strangis.

It is just such a strange, intricate web. She is an odd mix of victim and perpetrator.

The more I watch these documentaries about people that con, or get conned...the more amazed I am at the naivete of people!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Bridgerton Season 2 is out today! :-)

I actually don't mind that different characters will be the focus of the season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I actually had it on my computer calendar that Bridgerton returns today, Naja. Yay! Very happy!!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m still getting around to watching the first season but I’m interested in hearing what everyone thinks of the new one with new characters.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They're not totally new characters. It's just focusing on the oldest brother (Anthony) and his search for a wife. Last season was all about Daphne, who actually appears in some of the episodes this season, although the Duke is elsewhere. Still a lot of the same characters. I'm on episode 4 now (watched the first 3 this afternoon). Loving it!!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, March 26, 2022 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I loved season 2 of Bridgerton. 👍

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, March 26, 2022 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Next season should be interesting for Whistledown. I enjoyed season 2. Binge watched the whole thing

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 26, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Stayed up WAY too late binging the entire season 2. I enjoyed it. Not as much steam as season 1 but engaging. I can't wait for another season!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, April 05, 2022 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So I figured I needed a break from crazy docu-series and monster movies....I stumbled across Magic for Humans with Justin Willman.

I usually don't care for magicians/illusionists...but this guy....oh my gosh. I can't even begin to explain the mind-blowing, funny, original illusions he preforms! I can't stop watching them

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Just finished season 2 of Bridgerton and ended up enjoying it more then the first season. It took me awhile to get into it because Anthony was my least favorite character after season 1 and I hoped for better for the character he ends up marrying since I really liked her. I won't say who in case people don't want to be spoiled.

I also realized, slow as I am, that with the title being Bridgerton, obviously each new romance of each new season will be a different member of the family. Duh

That said, I can't wait for it to be Colin's turn although Eloise should be fun as well! I like Benedict as little as Anthony but he will probably be next.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I kind of stumbled on a reality show from Japan called Old Enough. They send little kids, two and three year olds, to run an errand. They are sent off by their parents to go to the market. The might have a mental list of three items they are to purchase.

This isn't a corner store either. I think one of them was saying that the trip, or the store, was 2 km. They navigate intersections, cross roads etc. Of course there is always a cameraman following them so they aren't exactly alone. And once they arrive at the store they often ask for help to find the items they need. But it's absolutely amazing. They pay for the items. And then they carry them all the way back again.

While in other countries it is perfectly normal for little children to walk to school and back. Run errands unaccompanied, at a tender age. The age of two is pushing it a little bit. This show both made me cringe and laugh. Kids are really cute. They aren't really alone. But sometimes they get upset and cry because they drop whatever they went to get.

I was just reading an article on the show and it cracked me up. "Needless to say, if the show were set in the United States, the parents would be under investigation by child protective services, and the children in foster care". It was quite interesting to say the least

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 30, 2022 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Just finished Bridgerton 2. I think I actually liked it better than one. I guess Benedict the other brother will probably be in the forefront next season. Will his romance be with a man, a woman, both?