TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through April 29, 2022 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, March 21, 2022 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I like Pretty Hard Cases, the characters really grow on you. On Season 2 now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started watching Somebody Somewhere over the weekend. I don't usually like comedies, but this one is sweet. The people are real, rather than charicatures of people. I like the music. I've never seen Bridget Everett before, but many of the other actors are familiar. I love her friendship with her co-worker, Joel. Lots of diverse characters. Thanks for the recommendation.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I’m enjoying Somebody Somewhere too. I have a few episodes left. I love Joel.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I've just watched the first two episodes of Welcome To Flatch and found it surprisingly amusing. It has a Napoleon Dynamite vibe. Silly fun.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I gave up on Flitch by the first show

I am catching up with Lily and Astrid. Somehow I missed a show.

Which shows that I like some weird shows and not others.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 26, 2022 - 3:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sugar, if you have Paramount+, you can watch the whole season of Flatch. I liked it too. I binged it all in one night!

"Lilly and Astrid Save the World" is awesome! In case anybody doesn't know, it's a comedy about two fluffy high school girls who accidentally unleash a bunch of monsters into the world, and they have to kill them all before they have a chance to destroy the world. I sure hope it gets renewed.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, March 28, 2022 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Where is the Oscars thread??? I don't see one anywhere so I'll post my comment here... HOLY COW!!! I just saw a clip of Will Smith slap Chris Rock over a joke about GI Jane remake starring Jada...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 28, 2022 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Cass the one I found was under "general discussions about everything" and then under "entertainment gossip". I tried to copy link but my phone is not cooperating

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 28, 2022 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
People have been posting about it in the Hollywood gossip thread here:

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/9200/2076650.html&lm=1648502714

Cathie

08-16-2000

Monday, March 28, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Not sure where this might be posted, but I finally got a VPN to watch BB Canada. What else do you watch from Canada (or anywhere in English) that is interesting/good, etc.?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 28, 2022 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 28, 2022 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You’re welcome Sincebb1 (I’ve probably said this but I love your board name :-)).

I’ll think about that, Cathie. People love British shows. Might try looking around there.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, March 28, 2022 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I didn't start an Oscar thread this year. I only saw half the movies and wasn't overly impressed with what I saw.
My top 2 favorite movies were Belfast & CODA. I was hoping for Belfast to win Best Picture & Director.
I was also rooting for Benedict Cumberbatch despite not seeing all the performances.

Maybe next year.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 28, 2022 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer! I actually have been on the board since 2000 when I started watching Big Brother Season 1. Some technical glitch kicked off some members back then. I had to recreate a new account. So 2005 does not reflect when I really started on this board.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Moved posts about the Grammys to thread for the Grammys (so they don’t get lost :-))

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6465/21082298.html&lm=1580426444

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2022 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was kind of sad about this.

In January, Joe Gatto announced he is leaving "Impractical Jokers" after 9 years because of personal reasons, and he and his wife have split.

It was sad seeing the season premiere without him. It wasn't the same.

https://people.com/tv/joe-gatto-estranged-wife-supports-him-impractical-jokers-sets-premiere-without-him/

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am going to sign up for Starz if only to watch Julia Roberts portrayal of Martha Mithcell. Martha Mitchell has been one of the most misunderstood heroines of the Nixon era. I remember back when Watergate was going on, my best friend lived in the apartment building next door to Martha Mitchell. She would go downstairs every night and tell all to the press right in front of the building. Good to see she is finally going to get respect.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Oh, goodie, Maris! I was going to ask if anybody has watched it and if it's any good.

I started reading Carrol Leonnig's book Zero Fail, and the section when Nixon was President reminded me of Trump. And I realized, I really don't know much more than the basics of Watergate and I should learn more.

I need to finish Something about Pam first.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Gaslit is excellent!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I watched Gaslit too and thought it was excellent. Did not realize Gordon Liddy was such a wack-a-doo. I mean I had heard some crazy things about him, but did not realize the was “that” crazy. Loved seeing Julia Roberts and Sean Penn play these folks.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I remember Watergate well. My dad was watching President Nixon give his resignation speech on TV the night I was leaving the house to go to my 19th birthday party. I remember the summer of the live broadcast Congressional hearings day after day after day. I was a soap opera fan in those days ("All My Children" and "One Life to Live"), so I was annoyed that so many of my shows were pre-empted that summer. But I was a teenager, so didn't follow it that closely. Future hubby would have been 28 that summer (so young!!!), so he was more aware of what was going on than me.

We've gotten so spoiled being able to binge watch shows, that we started recording and will watch this once all the episodes have dropped. Looking forward to it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2022 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WEEKEND at Bernies is showing tonight! I can't wait. I laughed so hard when it first came out. I hope it holds up.

It is on BBC at 6:30 PST

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2022 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
loved that movie! I am surprised they havent had a remake

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2022 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was hysterical, still works even now. I was laughing so much. It is repeating at 1/30am and I may just put it on to fall asleep.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 29, 2022 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" I am surprised they havent had a remake"

SURPRISE! (again) :-)

There IS a remake of Weekend at Bernies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weekend_at_Bernie%27s_II