TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 19, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through February 19, 2022 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But Grooch, that also includes free shipping with all Amazon purchases. I save way more than $139 in shipping so I don't mind paying this.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I try not to buy from them, but sometimes it can't be helped. But if you order over $35 (is that the correct amount) you get free shipping.

I just feel like Bezos has to much of a monopoly on everything. I also need to go through how much I'm paying for all my steaming channels and decide if I need to make changes. I was considering switching from sling and Hulu (no ads) and switch to Hulu plus, but I read they just raised their prices too. And there's a new service Philo that is $25 (only $10 if you have T Mobile which I have). It gets so complicated and it all adds up fast.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm torn on Amazon because I use it quite alot and yet I feel it's incredibly unfair how Bezos profits to the extent that he does without paying his fair share - all because we, me included, want free shipping. More and more I'm trying to buy local to eliminate Amazon from my life. It's slow going but it will happen, lol!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
He also takes money from every single small business that sells items on Amazon. Whenever you choose "prime" you are taking money out of the pocket of a small business and into his. He also get away with paying his staff the least amount possible.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just finished episode 9 of Hope Street on BritBox (via Amazon). There is supposed to be a 10th episode, but I can't find it. Anybody have any luck?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Reacher was Great! I did not expect to like this series but quickly got caught up in it and was sad to see the season end but it has already been renewed. Season one is based on The Killing Floor and Lee Child makes a split second cameo in the last episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Does one need to have watched the 3 Tom Cruise "Jack Reacher" movies to understand/enjoy the Reacher series?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
No.

In the books Reacher is a 6’5 badass. In the movies he is played by Tom Cruise.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I read the Killing Floor when it came out. Seems like ages ago. I’m looking forward to watching the series.

ETA- Seriously there is no need to watch the movies. The Killing Floor was the first Reacher book. I do recommend the books. I think I read the first three.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the Reacher recommendations! I just started the first episode and it looks awesome.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Finished Reacher last night. Forced hubby to stick to two episodes a night (he would have binged it in one day if I didn’t object. Lol). Was really well done!! I have heard several critics say that this is Reacher done right, much more in line with books than any of the previous movies. Looking forward to a second season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We absolutely enjoyed episode 1 of Reacher last night. Thank for the recommendation everyone! I can't wait to watch more of it today.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We also watched Reacher over the weekend. Finished it last night. Great series, although we lost count of how many people he killed! Oh well, they were all bad guys and deserved to be stopped!

In the books Reacher is a 6’5 badass. In the movies he is played by Tom Cruise.

You are naughty, Rieann, but I 100% agree! (Not a Tom Cruise fan, although I used to be a huge one. The Scientology crap was a huge turnoff.)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Since I never read the books, I never considered if Tom Cruise fit the role or not when watching the movies.

While watching the series, I never once thought of Cruise or the movies. I just got caught up in every episode. The entire cast did such a great job that there is now a high bar set as to who will be added in the 2nd season.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh at myself. I’m currently watching episode two and randomly wondering about Reacher’s underwear sitch… cut to next scene of him rinsing his drawers in motel sink.

No question goes unanswered. 😂

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
As apoplectic as I was when they cast Tom I did cave and watch the first movie. It wasn’t that bad. This series is so much better at capturing the character of Jack Reacher. He was horribly miscast.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you are Brooklyn 99 fan this will make you laugh. In one epsiode toward the end of the series, there was a flashback to Scully when he was a young cop (Scully was the chubby cop with the buzz cut who was always at his desk with the other chubby cop).... and the same actor who plays Reacher played Scully when he was young. HAHAHA

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lol Naja! I’ll make sure and watch that episode. I have Brooklyn 99 on one of my streaming plans. I missed the later seasons of that show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's season 6, ep 2. It's in Hulu if you have that. The ep starts right up with the flashback of young Hitchcock and Scully doing a cocaine bust in 1986. That is so hilarious how the made the young versions be such hot gorgeous men. LOL

There's more flashbacks throughout of them.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja! The episode cracked me up. The guy playing Hitchcock was perfect too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4 is available on Prime today! Yay!!!

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Yay! Thanks for posting this BJM! I saw a commercial last night that said it was "coming soon". Didn't expect it to be this soon!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Darn it! We were planning to spend our Friday night night binging Mr. Maisel, but there are only 2 eps up.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Naja....same! I guess they are going to release it weekly?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh!!! I hate when they do that!!! How are we supposed to binge when they dribble out weekly episodes?! I've got a huge list of shows to watch, so Mrs. Maisel can wait.

I looked at imdb.com, and it looks like there are 8 episodes total. Amazon is releasing them two per week. Last two episodes drop on March 11th. I'll wait till then.