TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through March 21, 2022 users admin

Eroica

07-28-2005

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, wholeheartedly agree. It was painful to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 27, 2021 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Call the Midwife's Christmas special is available now on PBS. I watched it yesterday. Very sweet and Christmasy. Why does this show ALWAYS make me cry? (In the good way. Nobody died for once!) 🥰

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 2:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was watching Around the world in 80 days. certainly not the movie take!

looking forward to the series. I hav to program it to be recorded automatically I have such a bad memory since Chemo.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I haven't had chemo, but time has had the same affect on my brain. My mom used to say, "Memory is the first thing to go when you get older, and I can't remember the second thing." 😁

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
That is pretty much where I am out. I like to be alone in my house and that is not possible as my niece is working from there now and has not bought her own house yet, but has saved up enough money to do it. I walk around screaming at my self - where is that glass, I just got a drink and now I can't find the glass, so I make another and then I find the first one. this happens every few minutes.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Simply age does it. I'm sitting in my chair. Want to look up something on the computer. Computer is eight feet away. Get up and go to computer. What was it? I don't know.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's age related for me. By the time I walk the 8 feet to the computer, I've forgotten why I wanted to get on the computer.

Sadiesmom, best wishes to you on your health journey.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Can anyone tell me what happened to Call The Midwife? It ended in Nov and then came back with a Christmas show. I figured it was taking a Winter Break. There was only a few episodes. Then I was reading a snippet that Cyril and Lucille are pregnant. I haven’t seen anything about that. The last episode that I think was aired was the Xmas show when they got married.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought call the midwife always had a short season followed by a Christmas show and a wait till next year.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Gee, that was really a short season. Like 5 episodes?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
There were only 7 episodes in Season 10 of Call the Midwife, followed by the Christmas episode. Season 11 is already airing in the UK. I Googled to see when it will air here, and it's supposed to start here on March 22, 2022. Not so long now!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That’s good I thought I had to wait another year. Do you know how many episodes with the next season?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Don't know. Imdb.com only has 3 listed so far, but that's because that's how many have aired in the UK. I always check IMDB to see how many episodes there are, but I guess it only shows episodes that have already aired. Gotta be patient! 😁

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just watched The Escape Artist on PBS. It's only 3 episodes (mini-series), but David Tennant is in it! He plays a defense attorney who's known for getting his clients off (hence the nickname "The Escape Artist"). Things turn dark after he gets an accused murderer acquitted. It was good, but very tense and a little gruesome. Not for the faint of heart.

Whenever we watch those British courtroom shows, I always giggle over those silly wigs they all still wear. I know it's tradition, but how can they take each other seriously with those ridiculous curly wigs sitting atop their heads?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
David Tennant was really good as Phileas Fogg in Masterpiece's Around the World in 80 Days.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, Mamie! I was surprised that my hubby watched it and enjoyed it with me. And it's been renewed for another season! I was wondering if they'd do another Jules Verne tale, since they were talking about some "sea monster" that was sinking ships ("20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" maybe?). I saw that movie with my older sister when I was 8 or 9, but don't remember that much about it. That would be a fun one!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I started to watch it and wanted to like it, but got bored with it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It definitely must be 20,000 Leagues! The way they looked talking about the sea monster.

Marej

09-19-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2022 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Sanditon season 2 starts March 20th.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 01, 2022 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Marej, can't wait!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, March 20, 2022 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Sanditon was good! I’m so happy it is back.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2022 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Call the Midwife was back tonight too.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 21, 2022 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sanditon was good. I was wondering how they would handle Sidney being gone.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 21, 2022 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm gonna wait till more episodes drop. I can't remember to watch from week to week when I have no way to record them (have to watch thru the PBS app, since Hulu Live doesn't carry PBS).

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, March 21, 2022 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
There are two episodes up if you have the PBS Passport ($5 per month or $60 per year). I don’t know if an extra one drops each week. I just signed up for Passport. Worth it for me with all the shows I watch.

Mamie, at least we will see “Sidney” time traveling soon. 😉