TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through May 04, 2022 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Finally caught up on the latest ep. What a rollercoaster ride! Yeah, I'm hopping on the Team Sophie train too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Finally, Miguel gets his episode! I loved the actor on Castle too. I’m sure Kleenex will be by my side too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just a heads up… the final episode is on May 24th. I’ll be on vacation, but will stop everything to watch it. I only hope that anyone in the hotel room next to me doesn’t mind a few hours of uncontrolled sobbing…..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't love the Deja storyline, but I don't dislike the character.

100% agree, Strategist! She is a teenager. Teenagers are selfish and difficult a lot of the time. I don't hate her.

The Valentine card nearly broke my heart! So, so sweet! I found my dad's wallet among my mom's things after she passed. It still contained his long expired CDL (he died in 1988), a picture of my mom and his dad's bus driver's license (his dad passed away in 1958). My dad carried his father's bus driver's license in his wallet for 30 years, because he loved and missed him.

Loved that Kevin ended up with Sophie! I loved how Rebecca told her that Kevin "wasn't ready for her yet," speaking, I'm sure, of younger Kevin. I've "carried" a few exes in my heart over the years (still have dreams about my ex husband from when we were in our 20s), but as much as I loved them at the time, I think I ended up with the best of them all. He's not perfect, but he's stuck with me for 24+ years, and that means everything.

My recording cut off before I was able to see the previews. I'm so glad to hear Miguel is getting and episode. He's such a good guy, and I also loved him on "Castle."

Stock up on the tissues!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I actually like Kate.. she's human. And I'm fine with Deja too.

Happy for Kevin and Sophie and it was interesting that they were encouraged by Rebecca (even though she was talking about the future that is already here) and Randall, who was being a loving brother to Kevin, which isn't always the case. That was pretty cool.

Yes, people can live without a partner and may prefer it, but Kevin isn't one of them.

The Valentine card!! Yes.. Babyjax, my dad had saved (and mom had saved) all the cards they gave to each other for many years and my dad had saved some clippings from when my mom had cut her hair and they were not recent.

But.. I was on Instagram yesterday before the show aired on the west coast and Justin Hartley spoiled it with a picture of him holding the card. Arrgh. Oh wall..

But it was a good episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2022 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Argh! Darn you, Justin Hartley!!!

That's very sweet about your mom and dad, Sea. They must have loved each other a lot. So did my parents. I think that makes it hard for their children. We always think we can have that same relationship, and it's disappointing when our partners don't always live up to that level.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 28, 2022 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well they had a long relationship, not always totally happy, but better than most. They were in junior high and high school together, then he managed to go to college and graduate and get a job at Arthur Anderson in manhattan and they realized that if she wanted to go with him, they had to get married, which they did, And they were together until they died, four months apart, except for his time in the south pacific in WWII.

Yeah, Justin posted a gleeful selfie, holding up the Valentine's card, so that was that. It was after it aired on the east coast at least.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, April 29, 2022 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My parents didn't have a relationship. I've come to realize that screwed me up.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 29, 2022 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Color, our parents always manage to screw us up one way or another. All of us are a product of everything that's happened to us in our lives.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! I think this as the weepiest episode of the series for me. The use of the Billy Joel song And So It Goes pushed me over the edge.
Honestly don't know how I'll be able to make it through the finale.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven’t seen it yet because my DD is just home from University and we’re rewatching it with her a few episodes behind, but I can imagine.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode was brutally sad to me. Like Snoopsmom, I don't know how I'll make it through the finale.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Just finished the ep... and am a weepy mess too. Damnit.

(((((Makkie)))))

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Young Miguel.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh hell, I have not seen it and am trying to stay uncongested after just getting over a cold. I suppose I'll just snot it out tomorrow.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
This hour’s show was the fastest ever. All of a sudden, it’s over. We really needed a Miguel episode. I miss him already. Such a good guy.

The part where he was getting phone calls from the kids, while he was dealing with the day to day, really hit home. I helped my dad with my mom many years. While she did not have memory issues, my dad had to do everything for her. He never complained. My siblings would call, but continued to live their lives not realizing what my mom and dad were going through.

I read an article interviewing Jon Huertas about the episode. He said that he worked with the writers to bring out the Puerto Rican side of the story based on his own experiences growing up.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 2:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, is it this article? Link

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
let's just say i jumped to the reprehensible new version of Name that Tune as soon as this episode was over, to try to divert all the emotions and thoughts from this episode...

and yes, how adorable was young Miquel! And loved they slipped in that "sent in two resumes" part, such a reality that is rarely talked about...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it was an EW article.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm confused. When / where in their lives did Miguel wish he hadn't left Rebecca on the porch (or something like that)? Was that scene shown last night?

I don't ever want the series to end, b u t I'm anxious just how they're going to close out "the Big Three". They seem to be pretty much set now. Any big surprises in the last three episodes?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That was from a prior episode. It was after their speed dating round. Rebecca had invited Matt, Miguel invited someone else. They played a game together which made it clear that they were close. Miguel told Rebecca, on the porch, that he was moving to Houston. I think this was 2 or 3 episodes ago. I think Miguel knew he was in love with her, but Rebecca thought of him as her best friend only.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kooklie, I do sort of remember that.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Did everyone notice that Kevin was wearing a wedding ring last night?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
https://ew.com/tv/this-is-us-jon-huertas-miguel-episode-fate/

This is the Jon Huertas interview that I read.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post