TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 27, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through April 27, 2022 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I hated the thought that Kevin could end up with the singer but then someone of FB said it would be cool that he met a singer just like his dad did. That would be a sweet moment. Kevin wasn't looking for love it found him

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is a sweet thought, Pamy.

I just love Miguel. I think he is one of the nicest characters ever portrayed on a television show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I feel the same about Miguel.

For Kevin, just want him to be happy in a relationship that will last.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On Instagram, I saw something about Mandy Moore and looked up her Insta. @mandymooremm and wow.. She has some powerful clips from the show! And an amazing collage of pictures..

From the comments an awful lot of people are an awful lot of having a hard time with the show ending.

Me, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, I moved the above post from the Relationships thread.. figured you were talking about this Kate..

I think they seem to share a sense of humor but agree their relationship grew off screen. Acceptance was big.. he accepts her as she is, accepts her kids as they are (and they like him) and they are bonded by work and music. And he met her after her divorce was final and he took a big leap to perform in public with her at karaoke and definitely cheered her up.

I sure didn't like him at first and I guess it works now. With the show so close to done, we probably won't see TOO much more about how they work.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, I agree. That storyline is just awful. Kate is my least fav so I hope we don't have to see too much more of her and that storyline lol

Miguel is the best and they have all been awful to him for years!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Philip more now than I did with his horrible start (which was very cliché how he’s awful at first and magically changes and then they fall in love) but this is all so rushed.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So who’s it going to be?

Based on what I know about the show creator, the writing and the evidence so far, I’m guessing Sophie.

I was hoping for Madison but I think that ship has sailed.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing Sophie as well. It would be a full circle event in Kevin's life.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Kate is one of the most unlikeable main characters in a tv show that I can remember in a long time. That bothers me because they created a character with significant weight issues, which is often looked down upon or disrespected and they make her totally unsympathetic.

I also like Miguel, walked all over for years and unappreciated.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think I will miss this show.
I also think it might be interesting to have a spin off, This Is Them featuring grown up Jack, Tessa, Annie, Franny, Nicky, Hailey all the big 3's kids except the soul sucking Deja. Her character can be absent for any reason, constant travel, hit by bus... don't care what. There can be the occasional flashback scene so we can see the characters we are currently fond of using the current time jumping format.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Maris, I have wondered if they thought the actress would lose weight over the years and altered her storyline when she didn't.

My guess it will be the wedding singer. years ago I wanted it to be Sophie, the last 2 yrs I wanted Madison but they have shown Madison really happy and Sophie married. I just hope it's not Cassidy, they have 0 chemistry

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Why create a character in the hopes she will drastically change her life? It was a strange idea to create a morbidly obese character who is angry all the time and not sympathetic

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Why is that strange?

I doubt anyone thought Kate/Chrissy would loose a great deal of weight.

I actually would like Kevin to be on his own. One doesn't need a spouse to have a happy life.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
First of all I have no problem with Kate as a character. Just see her as human. Which makes it even more impressive that the writers portray her in a way that others see as wrong to make an overweight person angry or unlikeable…to me I hate when characters with weight issues, disabilities, sexual orientation, etc are made into these lovable, sympathetic, do-good people….let them be flawed human beings - there are always jerks out there regardless of falling into some demographic society criticizes or taunts. (And again, I don’t see Kate as a jerk at all but the fact others hate her just makes me happy for the writers)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tearjerker.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
This ep was a little drawn out but I ended up really loving it. So happy with how it ended!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sophie's story -- Link

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, I got on the Sophie train as soon as she said ‘you could’ve called’.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sneaking in to say I like Kate & Cassidy. And want to give Miguel a huge sympathetic hug.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I would have liked to have shown them having more of a real connection in the now, other than longing for the past. She talked about wanting Kevin to love the woman she was now - which makes perfect sense - but the show didn't really tell us who she was now. So I felt like it was all a bit surface.

Plus she took her top off way too soon ;) ;) ;) very awkward to be stuck there half naked having second thoughts when your partner is fully clothed!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I like Kate very much. She is portrayed as a real human being with real flaws.
I don't love the Deja storyline, but I don't dislike the character.
All the women in Kevin's life are perfectly fine too. They are all realistic characters.

I think the writing has been outstanding all along and it shows in the beauty of "lifelike" characters.

Don't we all have people in our lives who are not perfect? Not "nice" all the time? Angry at how aspects of their life turned out? Have hurt feelings?

I would guess that most of us love them anyway.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
that valentine card! That was the tear jerker moment.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m happy with Kevin and Sophie being together. Plus it makes sense, given the amount of screen time Sophie has had with him meeting her when they were very young. I would have been disappointed if it had been someone they randomly introduced at the last minute.

As far as all the characters go, while I like some more than others, I like all of them. They’re all a bit imperfect in different ways but that’s life.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed watching this episode. The Valentine's card came full circle for Kevin and Sophie. The pure sweetness of Kevin holding onto that Valentine in his wallet was touching. This made me happy for both of them.

The next episode with Miguel looks interesting. I'll probably need my box of Kleenex nearby.