TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through February 28, 2022 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 19, 2021 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It does make it hard to discuss. The walking dead boards I used to go to have spoilers after the AMC+ viewing (although they are usually well marked), and then after the AMC viewing, it seems like we just read the threads we avoided from earlier, there's not much new discussion. I don't know that they're doing themselves any favours this way. Although I guess the subscription fees for AMC+ make it worth their while.

Not sure I like the idea of Daryl with Leah again, even if he's just there because he couldn't get away. And how long until Connie gets back so they can be together!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nasty!!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 10, 2021 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have AMC+ through Amazon prime video. Up until now I've been able to watch the next week's episode. I just went on there right now and the last episode that is available is the same one that's on regular TV, episode 8.

I called Amazon prime and they're telling me to call Sony TV LOL I'm trying to explain to outsourced help that Sony TV doesn't have anything to do with my Amazon prime AMC Plus membership.

Then she starts telling me that I have to update my apps. I'm like look lady I have a laptop a phone a tablet and a television. All of them cannot receive the episode that I'm looking for. So it's not because the app isn't updated. Which it is.

Is anyone else having the same problems I am having if you have AMC plus and you're trying to watch next week's episode tonight? Thank you

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 10, 2021 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I figured it out, finally...lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 10, 2021 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sounds like you know but tonight was the Walking Dead finale for these first eight episodes. Next episode is in February.

I think the premiere of Fear should be on AMC+ now though, as that starts on tv next week.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 10, 2021 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
These eight episodes have been a bit boring imo. I loved the one with Connie and Virgil in the house, but the rest weren't much. I could have done without the whole Pope story, and was disappointed to see Leah in the preview of next eight episodes.

Hopefully soon they'll start wrapping it up and have the Commonwealth come and save them all. I presume that's where it's headed.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 10, 2021 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kitt yes exactly right. I knew there was one more episode, but I forgot while I was trying to watch it on AMC plus that that was the one more episode..lol

Watching Fear as we speak. I also watch Beyond... But don't ask me why. It is so awful.

Am so curious to see Jadis again. I'm assuming she will be in the spinoff.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, the trailers have revealed Jadis is in World Beyond, although she hasn't been in the first two episodes.

I think I prefer World Beyond to Fear, or at least the storyline is more interesting, perhaps because it relates to the main show. Fear just seems to have jumped the shark, and apart from Al and Daniel I don't like anyone there really, and those two haven't been in it much. I did love Morgan, but they've just made him annoying, repeating the same mistake over and over.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just have not been able to get in to the World Beyond. I don't like most of the characters. I don't even enjoy some of the actors really. The plot line for me is just not that interesting or that good. But I'm STILL watching lol.

You are right, in that Fear has taken a step backwards last season. Hopefully it gets back on track.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 15, 2021 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I just noted this in the World Beyond thread, but as some of you don't watch it, I thought something expanded on in this last WB episode might be worth mentioning here.

I don't think anyone would consider them spoilers, as the TWD shows are one big world.

1) The CRM take walkers and put a bio tracker into their brain, so that they can track their activities and movements. They label these walkers as B. Are these the Bs Jadis had to find? "B"s were people she collected who she just infected with that walker she kept attached to a mattress frame.

2) The CRM has a lab where they need "pre-mortem" subjects. There is a reserch doctor who is now a walker and a test subject, and while they didn't explicitly say so, he was there when the bad guy made the comment about pre-mortem subjects so I think we were meant to infer he was one, by choice or not. His code number with A-402, so are these pre-mortem subjects the As Jadis had to find? "A"s were people she collected who seemed to be smart and/or had leader type personalities, but were still alive, not bitten. Rick was an A.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
very cool, ty for that info!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I put a little timeliney thing about the CRM in the timeline thread, using info from World Beyond.

It has some fun Jadis bits in it, some clarity about the As and Bs, and the whole thing is likely to play into the Rick Movies - if they ever happen - so might be useful.

The other thing that might be interesting/useful to anyone not watching World Beyond was the final scene. It showed a French scientist, at a French lab (presumably in 2020), playing one of the old tapes from Dr Jenner at the CDC (from TWD Season 1, back in 2010).

It seems like the French may have inadvertently started the zombie apocalypse, and in an effort to control it, made some super-walkers who appear extra fast and extra smart. Ooopsies.

I've transcribed the Jenner blog and the conversation the French scientist had with someone in a post in the WB thread on Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:04 pm, but the youtube is worth watching, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjtUKz1LBo8

Got to wonder where it's leading!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Trailer for Season 11 part B (of C). Very dramatic!

https://tvline.com/2022/01/19/the-walking-dead-season-11b-trailer-video-key-art/

Starts Feb 20th.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Carol has cookies!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Can't wait!!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Back tonight!

S11E08 (repeat with "bonus" material) at 4.57pm
S11E09 premiere at 6pm
Talking Dead at 7.07pm

possibly plus 3 hours, depending on your time zone!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY for the reminder!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd be happier if they just got rid of Leah too. And poor Alden, he was always one of my favourites.

Interesting next step coming by the looks of it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Last nite's ep was old school GOOD!!! hope the rest of the season is just as good!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Pamy 👍🏼

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We actually had a date this time - Halloween! Although I'm still not sure whether we're meant to be in 2020 like the original timeline led us to believe, or 2022 like that one episode with Negan suggested.

This whole episode reminded me of back at the Kingdom, when they had that harvest fayre and the Whisperers infiltrated. Something's definitely brewing. Funny how Carol is back making cookies.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved it! I also was reminded of the Kingdom and then reminded of how our group comes across great communities that are doing well and they screw everything up and leave with it destroyed.

Another similarity I see is Star Wars. The commonwealth is the New Order and our people will be the resistance. I will never understand why they made those commonwealth fighters look sooooo much like stormtroopers!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Star Wars is in their universe, i.e. whether the characters could have watched Star Wars back in the 70s/80s and created the costumes because of that. There's no reason why they couldn't have made that a jokey story, Eugene at the least should have made a comment about it by now!

Yep, I said exactly the same to my husband last night, Commonwealth has been going happily for 10 year and then they come along and destroy it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree! then I wouldnt hate the outfits so much!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really believe our heros are the overall villains. I am ready for this to end.