TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through April 24, 2022 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I feel like we really didn't need another woman added into the Kevin mix.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don’t know, it seems that he may have evolved beyond both Cassidy and Sophie by now. I would’t necessarily want Sophie to get divorced to marry him.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was annoyed at Randal last night.

1. That long toast when I wanted to see if Kate could play and sing.

2. He acted surprised that Kate was not doing well.

3. He rifled through the pill vials. That was uncalled for.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I think you meant Rebecca. I have trouble, too, keeping up with all the names!

So many things about this episode:

Rebecca calling Kevin "Jack" intermittently was both sad and sweet. For the last few years of her life, my mother thought my younger brother was her cousin Wayne that she had grown up with. My brother always took it in stride and didn't make a big deal about it.

I don't think my mom had any idea who I was at the end, even though I'd been her main caregiver for years and we'd always been close. We were being interviewed by a hospice nurse when they admitting her to hospice. The nurse asked my mom if she knew who I was. My mom looked at the sweatshirt I was wearing, which said "Nautica" across the front and answered, "Nauticia?"

When Rebecca got the haircut and her kids didn't like it, it reminded me of when my son was in 3rd grade and I came home with a new hairdo. He has Autism, so he does not like changes or anything unexpected. I dropped him off at school with long dark, curly hair and picked him up that afternoon with short, streaky blond hair. It was April Fool's Day, so he asked if it was a joke. I said, "No, this is my real hair." He fell on the ground sobbing. That's a pretty strong reaction to a new 'do!

Miguel was breaking my heart. It will be so sad if he dies before Rebecca, but that happens a lot with dementia patients. People just wear themselves out taking care of their loved one.

So many tears in this episode!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This show was a jeopardy question today. They just listed a bunch of the characters and the answer was "What is This is Us".

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, the autism might not have factored into your son’s reaction to your hair cut. To this day I remember exactly where I was at age five (inside the living room) and where my mom wax (the back porch of my grandparents) when she had my aunt cut her long black hair, so short that I could no longer play with it. Hair is so important to so many kids. I always would stroke my hand through my mom’s hair, my son still does to mine (and wants me to do it to his). I never forgave her for taking away something I relied on so much as a calming factor.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree they are milking Kevin's gf storyline but I loved the girls being detectives! I bet he ends up with the singer ugh!

I agree about Randall's kids not being there, it is like they just forgot about them

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
During Rebecca’s performance, you could see them in the background.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, April 21, 2022 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, thank you.

I did mean Rebecca.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, April 21, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
So sad when it gets to the time for therapeutic fiblets. Randall the worrier will take it the hardest.

Was anyone else hoping that it was Madison and she was covering by joining Beth in the investigation? Don't want to see anyone's marriage upended but Madison and Kevin have always seemed like the best pairing to our house.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2022 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm not even gonna guess, cause they've given us so many red herrings in the past just to trick us. I don't trust the writers! I just want Kevin to be happy.

When was the scene where he said something about "my pregnant fiancée?" Maybe he was referring to Madison somewhere in the past. I do like Madison, Sophie and yes, even Cassidy. I think she and Kevin have shared experiences and understand each other.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 22, 2022 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think that picture was the WEDDING PARTY, not family specifically. Madison and Beth were wearing bridesmaid outfits, assume someone was best man, there were others, not many. But Jack and Hailey were in the wedding as ring bearer and flower girl. Miguel walked Kate down the aisle.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 22, 2022 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I feel so sad for Miguel.

Kevin is doing a good job of just going along with being "Jack" and then running with it when Rebecca went back to seeing him as Kevin.

Randall doesn't seem to get it, yet.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My mother in law used to flirt with my husband because she thought he was my father in law. It was kind of cute, but really unnerved my husband.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was at the dentist with my mom one day and my car battery died. My hubby came over to drop off the other car (so I could take her back to memory care) and was going to take my car to get a new battery. He walked into the dentist's office and my mom said, "Where do I know you from?" She recognized him as someone familiar, but couldn't place him. We'd been together 20 years!

Only 5 more episodes to go. 😭

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My dad thought that I was my mom for a while, then he would see her sitting in an empty chair in the adult care home. I just went with it.

My best story of my dad's memory loss was when I visited him on a Saturday in the care home (like I did every week). This time when I got there, he was all agitated and was saying that he was late for school, needed his jacket, etc. I listened, trying to figure out what to say to him and came up with "It's Saturday, there's no school today!" Well, he was sooooo happy that he didn't have to go to school. I made his day even though he would probably forget it in a few minutes. It's a good memory for me.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
That is a sweet memory,Kooklie!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Making him happy that way is such a beautiful way to handle that situation.

I feel so bad for Miguel. He has been nothing other than the best!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Doesn’t Miguel have kids (from his first marriage)? Wouldn’t that be kind of an important storyline somewhere along they way?? Wouldn’t those kids be as important to M and R as Rebecca’s kids?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, that was a perfect solution!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think there was an episode with an awkward dinner where Miguel's kids were not nice to Rebecca and didn't seem to approve of Miguel and her together although Miguel had been divorced for many years.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sugar, yes, I think that's the last we ever saw of Miguel's kids. Maybe they didn't want to add new permanent characters. You'd think his kids would be included in all the family events otherwise.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah they kind of hinted that Miguel is estranged from his children. They suggested that their mother demonized him after the divorce and he was never much a part of their lives and that they didn’t like his relationship with Rebecca. Convenient for the writers as it greatly simplified the story but still ugly and pointless. They could have just not have them have children at all. Of course, there’s still the possibility that he has been seeing them off-screen, but there never seems to be any mention of them at holidays so that’s unlikely.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's a very sweet story, Kooklie! Excellent quick thinking!

Yes, they said Miguel was estranged from his kids. My hubby's son was estranged from him for years, cause he took his mother's side in the divorce. We didn't see him for many years and have only seen him a handful of times since we've been together (24+ years). At least he's back to the point where he calls and texts his dad, but both he and his sister are so busy with their jobs, they don't have much time for us.

I think they think their dad is always going to be around, even though he's almost 76 and not in the greatest health. I was always very close to my parents and saw them at least once a month (1 1/2 to 3 hour drive, depending on where I was living at the time), but then my parents didn't go through a divorce.

I love Miguel. He's an all around good guy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And FWIW, I don't really see the chemistry between Kate and her new hubby. His character still seems flat to me. It all feels rushed, like they didn't take the time to build out his personality.