TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 20, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through April 20, 2022 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, I didn't catch any of those clues either

The most I can do is, if there is a clock on the wall, watch to see if the time changes to a later time in the same scene.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I never even thought of doing that, Dogdoc!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I had wondered how long Rebecca was married to both Jack and Miguel. I was quite surprised when they were celebrating the 10th anniversary of Rebecca and Miguel a couple episodes ago.

I had guessed that Rebecca and Jack were married about 17 or 18 years as I thought they had the kids fairly quickly after they married but don't recall specifically. The kids were 16 when Jack died. It looks like Rebecca and Miguel starting seeing each other when the kids were college age. I know we saw Rebecca sad the Miguel was leaving and suspected we would see he didn't leave and Rebecca let him know her feeling had changed from friendship to a romantic/partner love. The kids were born in 1980 so are 42 now. I always had the impression that Rebecca was probably married to Miguel at least as long or longer than she was to Jack. Was anyone else surprised it was only their 10th anniversary?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If i recall correctly, Miguel did leave and move to Houston,or someplace like that. He would call her on the phone. I’m now not sure if this was before or after the Thanksgiving dinner.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
https://people.com/tv/this-is-us-jon-huertas-what-to-come-miguel-rebecca-love-story/

Okay, I found this interview with “Miguel”. What I remembered about him moving to Houston is after the Thanksgiving dinner based on the interview. So, they spend some time apart before reconnecting on FB.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I forgot about the facebook reconnection. Was one of her granddaughter's helping her with facebook?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She would not have had grandchildren yet. It may have been Kate who helped her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Never mind, it may have been Randall’s kids that got her on FB.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Randall's kids were Rebecca's grandkids. But Rebecca would have been capable of accessing Facebook herself at that time when she reconnected with Miguel.

I didn't notice the shade.

As for Kevin, wasn't that his first wife/love/Sophie at Kate's second wedding, married to another guy and Kevin told Kate he was ok with it and glad Sophie and Kate had reconnected or stayed in touch.

When Miguel snapped at Randall about how fast things were going, Randall had just corrected Rebecca when she mentioned Jack. So she had regressed back quite a few years and Miguel was living with that and probably aware that it really doesn't help to correct someone with Alzheimer's at that time. Best to go with or redirect.. like oh I'm sure he's on the way. Randall probably had been busy with his campaign and not there for the day to day with Rebecca.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I did some research. Rebecca got on FB because she was lonely and wanted to find a community to connect with. Beth was pregnant with Tess at the time and had questioned why. The first thing Rebecca posted was a picture of Tess. Miguel saw the post and congratulated her, resulting in their connecting again. It was about 8 years after Miguel left… in the “ this is us “ timeline.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That makes sense.. lots of grandparents go to facebook, to follow family members and grandkids are often posted..

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I thought it was an episode where Randall was expecting a kid when Rebecca was looking at facebook.
It's enough to remember my own life let alone the antics of a fictional family.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, wasn't that Madison with her new husband at Kate's wedding? I could be mistaken, but I thought it was Madison.

I'm gonna have to go back and re-watch that penultimate season finale from season 3 (4?) with Kate's wedding to Phillip. Can't remember all these details!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, Madison was with her new husband at Kate's wedding. .

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Madison and husband were at the engagement and pre wedding scenes, but Sophie and her but (husband?) Were also there.

Kate said Kevin knew about that. About Sophie being there. Madison being there would not have been a surprise at all.

I did not see shade from Kate toward Jack's girlfriend.

There was shade over Kevin's revolving door plus ones and yes it was best not to have one of them in family pictures.

And I do think that Miguel at the end was reacting to Randall being clueless about how Rebecca's Alzheimer's had progressed. Randall, who had tried for quick fixes in the beginning and was more up with side effects of meds, has been at a distance and not involved with the day to day changes. So when Rebecca thought Jack would be there soon and Randall dismissed it, that was not a useful way to handle it. And Miguel has probably been living with a Rebecca who is living in the past more, thinking Jack is alive. That can be so difficult...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Some of this, while very different from my life, does trigger me, as I was the one to realize my marriage had stopped working and had become toxic, and I was the one to end it and leave and he kept resisting and denying and even would call my brother and say he knew I would be back. My brother only told me about that years later.

And a few years later he was able to admit that it was for the best. He was remarried and all. Unfortunately for her, he was still toxic, Then he had a stroke at 56 which I heard from his sister. But at least he came to a place of looking forward for a few years, rather than backward.

Now, it is interesting that when Toby met his new wife, it was his sense of humor that was back. She may or may not have been interested in San Francisco Toby, and SF Toby might have had an assistant picking up his parfait.

Also glad that we got to see Kate's new husband show his appealing side, which may have been brought out by Kate.

And interesting that Tony felt he would never live up to the myth of Jack being perfect as a dad or husband, but I can see that being a thing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
As someone who had to handle my father’s dementia in the absence of my siblings, I tried to get them involved so we could get him in a facility. My brother would say, “ I talked to him last week and he seemed fine”, my sister who lived the closest would tell me I was being mean and my oldest sister who lived far away just said whatever I did was fine. It took a bout a pneumonia, a hospital stay and a doctor to say he needed to be in a care center to wake them up. So I believe that Randall, being so far away, would not see the day to day stuff with Rebecca that’s so hard to deal with one on one. Although it was just a preview, I could feel Miguel’s frustration with Randall not understanding the situation through my whole being. I was there once.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It will be sad to see this show end. I feel like it has touched so many of us deeply. We've also learned so much about each other through our weekly debriefings.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I can relate to your situation. My mother lived with us for 7 1/2 years, until it became too much and we had to put her in a care facility. It was like living with a toddler, a cheerful toddler but one you couldn't leave alone for any length of time. My surviving siblings were supportive, though. They appreciated all I was doing for her and always said they couldn't do what I was dealing with. I was always the "responsible" one.

It's so hard to watch someone who was once the life of the party fade away a bit at a time. She and my dad adored each other when he was living, and the day came that she couldn't remember his name. Called him "my dear husband." That broke my heart. I still miss her every day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree, hate to see this show end.

And for those of you who relate to the Alzheimer's storyline, hugs all round.

I saw that promo a couple of times last night and I could feel for Miguel's situation. He was there from the very beginning when Rebecca's memory started having problems and she was diagnosed and it was Randall who swooped in with wanting to fix everything, starting with the clinical trial and nothing wrong with clinical trials but at that time and even now, there is painfully little in the way of a fix. And because Randall and Rebecca had been close and mutual defenders, he kind of felt that he must be the one and that no one else would do.

Kevin gave her some experiences that she wanted to have before things got worse and of course built the compound she requested.

Randall did have the road trip but probably got so involved in running for the Senate that he simply wasn't aware the day to day losses, and also unaware of what battles to fight.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I just went back and watch a clip of important scenes from Season 3 Episode 18, where Rebecca is dying. One caption said, "Sometime in 2025." Also when Kevin takes Rebecca's hand, I noticed he's wearing a wedding ring. Yippee!!! That must mean there's a wedding in his future. Yay!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I hate that they seem to be rushing so much to wrap this show up.
So no Deja, Annie or Tess at the wedding??? No mention of their absence. Weird. Then in the wedding photo, they do have Nicky and Franny. But NO Hailey or Jack? No Annie, Tess, Deja. But they also do include Kevin’s ex (Maddison) plus her husband?? But not their baby?
I also just can’t get past the fact that Toby and Kate wouldn’t have figured things out.
Really have loved this show so much. But this last rushed season is mostly imo, not quite as good as the other seasons. Just too rushed. (Also why the big deal about the green egg/smoker? Why didn’t they just refer to it as the time Jack left the house? I also thought the smoker blew up)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, in the This is us timeline, Kevin’s twins were 5 years old when Kate got married. I thought his kids were about 1 year old when Kate and Toby divorced. I thought Annie and Tess were referred to during the picture taking. We just didn’t see them.
Loved Madison and Beth playing their best Agatha Christie!
Miguel has high blood pressure. It may be that the kids have to take care of Rebecca soon. Randall would be busy being a senator, Kate would not have the funds. I think that only Kevin would have the means and ability to have her live with him. Plus, she already thinks he’s Jack.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Also,they kept showing Sophie during Randall’s extremely long toast.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
They are really milking Kevin's relationship status for all it's worth. I'm getting tired of it. Still hoping he ends up with Sophie because I never took to the Cassiday character and think the viewers would be cheated if he ended up with some random unknown character like the wedding singer.
It's great to see how the Madison character has evolved over the seasons from the troubled anorexic to the confident, happy woman she is now.
My heart broke for Miguel last night and I do think the scenes with Randall were foreshadowing that Miguel will not be around for the rest of Rebecca's life.