TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 03, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through April 03, 2022 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's how it is, Sugar, when you have multiple children and one is "needier" than the others. My older sister had bad drug problems when I was an early teen (14-15). All their attention was on her and trying to keep her alive. I was the "invisible" child and pretty much could do whatever I wanted.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I just watched the latest episode tonight. I remember somebody here saying Randall is going to become a Senator. What I got out of the latest episode is Randall told his Mom about how he might become a Senator, but he was worried because if he did that, it would mean he would go all the way. And Rebecca knew exactly what he was saying but just said she knows and smiled. I took it to mean Randall knew if he agreed to be a Senator, he would one day be President. And then there was the flashback to when they were young adults 2 years after their Dad died and breaking into the swimming pool, and Kevin had beer, and the cops came, and Randall talked the cop out of arresting them, and among other things, told the cop, he might one day become President, and he couldn't have an arrest on his record. And the cop raised an eyebrow and slightly smiled and let the kids go.

I may have missed some discussion above, but am I the only one here who realizes Randall is going to become President???

Holy Toledo! What a gob-smacking ending that will be, and it may be about the perfect way they cannot have this series go on forever, as we would love it to.

<falls down dead with smoking brain>

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No discussion here, but yes, that was certainly the implication, becoming President.

I doubt that will be the ending, but who knows.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Juju, I heard the 'president' reference.

Maybe a future spinoff is in the works.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I caught that too, Juju. I do hope that the finale shows him as President. What a wow ending!

In fact, I hope that all the main characters get the life they want and deserve. For me, those are the most fulfilling series endings.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think there is certainly indication that Randall or Rebecca think that Randall is White House Bound. There was no indication of that in the season finale that showed them all at the house Kevin builds presumable to say goodbye to Rebecca as she is dying. If he were or had been President, there would have been Secret Service Agents about.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
True. Maybe there was a perimeter? We'll have to see how far they will go with that storyline.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And how many "real life" things that would have happened they skip over to keep the ending secret from us.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It would be very cool if Randall were to become President or if that's implied to be a future possibility. We would have seen him grow up from being a baby to being President!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agreed Sugar. He walked in to his daughters office by himself. No secret service agents. It may be that he eventually ends up President, but my guess is that they push out to see that in the future, after Rebecca passes. But, I do think he will be a Senator.
In regards to Kate’s box, I really didn’t notice how much was in there. In thinking about it, Kate has probably spent the most time with Kate, whereas both Kevin and Randall have not. It may be that she follows their lives in the press clippings, while she’s fully aware of Kate’s life. Just a thought.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 3:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
my guess is that they push out to see that in the future, after Rebecca passes

What a great thought. It reminds me of the final scene in "Six Feet Under" where we flash to the end of life of each main character and we learn how they die.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My parents were pretty involved in politics and entertained politicians at their home quite often. While not a president, they did entertain a First Lady. The secret service came the day before to check out the house, all the entrances/exits. When she arrive the next day, they mostly stayed outside and didn’t follow her around. So it’s possible since Randall was seeing his daughter, the Secret Service wouldn’t go in with him. :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That must have been exciting, Texannie.

What a wonderful episode. Randall’s road trips are the best! Very nice to see him spending some quality alone time with his mom. The flashbacks fit into the episode nicely as well. One of my favourite episodes of the whole series.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
But, I thought his daughter was in her work place, not a private residence. And yes, it would be very exciting to meet a First Lady. Can you share which one?.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It was exciting. 2nd lady, Marilyn Quayle, who I wasn’t expecting to like at all who was so funny and witty. Barbara Bush, who is exactly what you saw but funnier.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Annie, what an exciting memory!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That would’ve been awesome to meet them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Randall's road trips -- IIRC it was the last episode of the first season. Road trip home with his birth father. Biggest tearjerker, at least to date, in the series.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Awesome, Texannie!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Kind of a funny story when Marilyn Quayle was there. My first born was about 3 month old and spit up all the time! Mrs. Quayle grabbed him from my arms and was just snuggling all over with him. I am trying to hand her a diaper rag and telling her he spits up. She totally laughed it off and said “I am a mom too, I get it”. I said what about your dress. She winked and said she always had a spare. Later my son was asleep upstairs and I was holding the baby monitor. He started to cry so I ran upstairs to get him before he got loud. About halfway up the stairs, I am suddenly being followed by 2 secret service guys (who I swear came out of the woodwork cause they wren’t at the bottom when I started). I turned and showed them the monitor and said my baby is crying! They walked with me to the bedroom and said ‘aw what a sweet baby’ LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
what a wonderful story!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Very cool, Texannie!

#memories - smiley face cookies at Eat'n Park... but even better was their strawberry pie. Many many dinners brought home by my working mom, I always ate the pie first. :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, we have the same memories.

My Facebook friend said she was in tears seeing the smiley face cookies.

She and her son, who passed away a year ago at age 40, spent hours at Ean n Park, just talking and eating. They both loved the cookies.

The strawberry pie was exceptional.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post