TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 19, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: Archive through March 19, 2022 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've been enjoying The Fall on Acorn. It's about a British detective (Gillian Anderson) brought in from London to help catch a serial killer (Jamie Dornan) in Wales. The cast and the acting are stellar. We look at these murder shows as more of a puzzle. It's fascinating to watch the police put the pieces together and catch the right guy. It's from 2013, but there are only 3 seasons of 5 episodes each.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm very sad A Discovery of Witches ended. I knew it was only going to be three seasons. But always hoping that they come out with some kind of sequel.

Just like Your Honor was only supposed to be one season but it was such a success that season 2 should be coming out sometime this year

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom....I too enjoyed The Fall.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have been watching Somebody Somewhere and find it interesting and a bit funny. It is on HBO.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just saw trailer for the new limited series with Renee Zellweger. It's called Something About Pam based on the murder of Betsy Faria in 2011. I remember seeing it on Dateline. They have a great cast and a great screenwriter so I'm expecting this to be good

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I love Somebody Somewhere. I grow more attached to the characters with each episode. I love that the actors are all new to me even though I'm sure they've been around for awhile.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm psyched for Something About Pam. The Dateline special was great. I think they also did a podcast but I don't listen to podcasts.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching Pivoting on FOX? Just wondering what others may think about it...

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've heard about it but I haven't watched.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
The characters aren't very likeable...

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am watching Cass.

Eliza Coupe is one of my fave performers and she is stellar in this show. Maggie Q is good as well and I was so happy to see Colton Dunn get another role so quickly after Superstore. I really hate the Ginnifer Goldwyn role though. It won’t stop me watching but I hope they take it in another direction soon.

Eta. Eliza is never likeable Rflol. That’s her attraction. She played the psycho flight attendant in Wrecked and a mess of a lawyer in Benched. Two shows That should have lasted longer.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I love her (Eliza) characters... and I loved Wrecked... I do think her husband is a SAINT in this show...

It's Ginnifer Goldwyn's character I hate...

I mainly starting watching because of Maggie Q... she usually plays such a bad-A...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 12, 2022 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone here watch the FBI shows on Tuesday night (on CBS)? In particular, FBI: Most Wanted. I almost fell off my couch when they killed off the major character from the show.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 12, 2022 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watch all three of them after they air, on Paramount+. Just watched FBI Most Wanted latest episode last night. I was astounded! I kept waiting for the twist, to find out he wasn't dead. What???? Never saw that coming.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Sunday, March 13, 2022 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
I watch all the FBI shows as well. Love them but my favorite is still the original. Unfortunately Julian McMahon wanted to leave the show to pursue other things so producers let him out of his contract early. Thought the character would just ‘retire’. Was shocked they killed him off! Dylan McDermott is joining the show as the new team lead. Think I read we’ll start to see him after the next two episodes.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 13, 2022 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I read yesterday that the writers decided to kill off Jess (instead of writing him off the show) because the team deals with the worst of the worst so it would only make sense for Jess to die in the line of duty.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 13, 2022 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Hopefully Dylan McDermott will be good... I'm still exhausted after two years of him playing Richard Wheatley on L&O: Organized Crime.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, March 13, 2022 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh holy hell!!! I don't think I have even gotten to the end of L&O, Organized Crime, and the guy playing Richard Wheatley has to be one of the best television villain actors of all time. And as I was watching an episode recently I was wondering how I would feel about the actor in a different role, and now this! I heard it here first. I think it's going to be a rough transition for me.

Thanks, Lexie_girl

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Dylan really was definitely a good villain on L&O 🙂 I was so used to him bring a good guy on The Practice way back when so I was pleasantly surprised. It’ll be interesting to see how he fits with the team.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
He was a good villain on L&O, but after two seasons I was exhausted when it came to all things Wheatley.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, March 18, 2022 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Pretty Hard Cases on CBC?
Really good writing and cast.
Filmed in Ontario about two female detectives who couldn't be more opposite. There are laughs, drama and thrills.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hadn’t heard of it. I love a lot of Canadian shows but they seem few and far between. I’ll certainly have a look at this one.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sugar and Kappy. Just started watching Somebody Somewhere. It is endearing and funny

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Glad to hear you liked it, Strategist. It's a very short first season but it has been renewed.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Miz I tried liking it, but I just didn't care for it at all. Hope you have better luck with it. DH didn't mind it.