TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 24, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through March 24, 2022 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Definitely. Although it will be hard advice to follow.

I feel very bad for Kate. The responsibility of doing everything for Jack is huge, and when you're tired and someone just has no clue about what you've been doing and wants to disrupt everything you've taken so long getting calm and organised it's... difficult. She and Toby do need to communicate better. I know Toby really wanted this job but it's just not working out for them the way they're living. If they want to keep the family together either Kate and the kids have to move to Toby, or Toby has to get another job, or at least work towards that so they know there is an end date to the current situation, so they can live together again.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
We have played taboo for years. You can learn alot about relationships when you play. When we played with our son and his 3 yr college girlfriend they didnt have lots of stories to pull from. We played with his new girlfriend after they had only been together about 6months (but is was during covid) and it was like they had been together for years they had so many things to talk about for the clues. I was fascinated

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My sister and I are like Miguel and Rebecca when we play Taboo. We have all these inside joke things that work perfectly for the game. They usually don't want us to be on the same team.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Kate has issues with “letting go” when it comes to Jack. It doesn’t help that Toby’s gone a lot.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 11, 2022 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think Crissy Metz must be wearing a 'fat dress'.

A lot of news articles say she has lost a lot of weight.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, March 11, 2022 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From what I understand those articles are incorrect or bogus. She has not lost any significant amount of weight.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 11, 2022 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer. You never know what to believe.

Crissy looks very overweight.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 11, 2022 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I always worry about Crissy's weight, too. She looks so unhealthy! I can so relate to food issues! I remember going on my first diet when I was 13. I was always relatively thin, until I remarried and had my son (also a Jack, who's 21 now). I've never been able to lose the "baby weight." At some point in life your metabolism just slows down. I do obsess over food, too, though I try to keep things under control (there's that word again!).

The talk with Rebecca and the family really got me. My mom never had that talk with us, cause I don't think she realized she had a problem. She had vascular dementia, so it was very gradual. My two older sisters are both gone, so my mom and I were also best friends at one time. I gradually became her caregive, and my two brothers just let me do it.

Mothers and daughters are complicated, indeed!!!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, March 12, 2022 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
My husband and I happened to watch this episode together. It was hard for us both as we recalled me having this conversation. We went through a very extensive interview when I went into palliative care. Everything is written out and all of the papers have been signed. We both were shedding tears.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, March 12, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Conversations like that are so hard and it’s a very brave, kind and loving thing to do.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 12, 2022 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
((((Landi))))

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Kevin is now the ‘foundation’ for the family.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kevin seemed to grow up and figure stuff out right before our eyes in last nights episode. I enjoyed the episode immensely. The actor who plays teen Kevin was good. I’ve never noticed before how some of the things he does with his hands to his face relates directly to what grown Kevin does with his hands to his face. It’s the little things that make this show great. As Rebecca said, he is exactly like his dad because of his big heart.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was wowed by teen Kevin last night too. He was so believable, and yes, a good mimic of main Kevin.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Teen Kevin is quite the heartthrob.
I guess next week is Kate’s main episode. From the preview, I wonder if this is the one that we find out about how her and Toby work out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Didn't we just have a Kate episode??? I find her a little hard to take.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Oh no, bad weather again. Hope I get to see it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn’t like the Old Toby, New Toby storyline. Seemed silly to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m clearly Team Toby here.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I apparently missed ever seeing last week's episode, so I watched it tonight, thinking it was yesterday's episode, but in reading the comments here, I went and checked, and I watched March 15 tonight and still have March 22 yet to watch. Kevin has indeed been a self-absorbed doofus much of his life, but I found the Kevin show to be interesting, like how much better he was with the babies on the two plane rides.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 2:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Kate has every right to be furious with Toby - and to miss the Toby she fell in love with.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I really liked the Kate Toby storyline. It helped put closure to their dysfunctional lifestyle and the ending was forward looking.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Next week will be Randall, I guess.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree that Kate has grounds to be angry with Toby. Not telling her about a job offer and discussing it was a jerky donkey bottom move. Her then asking her boss to be considered a job she didn't talk to Toby about (unless I missed something) is just as jerky donkey bottom.
This show has always had flashbacks but the old Toby in current Toby timeline was odd. Kate and Toby were never going to last. I rather wish it was all over but I think we are still waiting for some grilling accident with young Jack and Toby.

Did anyone else notice the look on Randall's face last week when Rebecca said if she is unable to make decisions for herself anymore then it is Miguel who is in charge and of Miguel can't then it is Kate? Randall was shocked and did not like it one bit!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I forgot about the upcoming thing with the grill and Jack! I guess this isn't quite the end of them then.

Something else I remembered when watching last night is that at some point - was it last year's final episode?? - teenage Kate took a pregnancy test, and we were all talking about it because the box clearly said it was an ovulation test. Did that story end and I missed it? Or were we just meant to assume that she had an abortion (which fed into the story of that old episode) and that was it, end of the storyline?