TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through May 19, 2020 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the producers who talk after the show, said this happened in book 6.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A question for readers of the books ....

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Was this when Bonnet was killed or was this the first time?

Actually, I think Teachmichigan already answered my question. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Jimmer -- yup, he was killed. They skipped the first time being shot when Bree took out one of his nuts.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Great episode! So what did Bree and Roger see when they went forward through time? Kind of seemed like a moment?

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I can't remember from the books, a sprawling city perhaps?
I cried so hard when Bree and Claire were on the beach watching the whales.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From the books:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I thought they were living a pretty normal life in Scotland, in the original home that was owned by their family?

Wow they crammed a lot into this season! The fifth book was a little slow, but dang.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 05, 2020 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, that comes later. I think maybe what Roger and Claire saw was a highway with cars. In the books, Roger had built little wooden toy cars for Jemmy and Germaine. They called them "Vrooms" (as in vroom, vroom). When the see their first car in the present day, Jemmy calls it a Vroom!

Can't believe next week is already the finale. Seems like we just started the season! Dang these short seasons!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
well, that was very hard to watch but Wow!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was hard to watch. I liked when the man asked her if Ringo Starr meant anything to her. Too bad he died too.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Hecka, Jamie said he wasn't there, so I think she runs into him again but not sure.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Almost didn't recognize 60's Marsali.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
You can be sure, Denecee.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I really should read the entire series again so I can remember everything before her next book!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Has anybody heard when her next book is coming out? It's been years since I finished the series. I should probably re-read them again, too. Had to do that with Harry Potter, too, cause I couldn't remember everything!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think she is close to finishing but she is slowing down. There are bigger and bigger gaps between books. She's doing much better than George R.R. Martin though (thank goodness!).

By the way, her non-fiction books on how she writes the books are quite fun to read as well, though it's best to read them after reading the books as they contain spoilers (of course). I was amazed by all the research she does.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, May 14, 2020 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I love how much real history she puts into her books! and yes she is much kinder to her fans by getting the books out, lol. George done pissed me off!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, May 15, 2020 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
She's been working on the most recent once since 2013!! GRRRRR. She's getting slower with each book.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, May 15, 2020 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's for sure. Look at how the gap between books is increasing.

Outlander (1991)
Dragonfly in Amber (1992)
Voyager (1993)
Drums of Autumn (1996)
The Fiery Cross (2001)
A Breath of Snow and Ashes (2005)
An Echo in the Bone (2009)
Written in My Own Heart's Blood (2014)
Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone (????)

She was so fast with the first three!

I really do like how she thought things through though. For example, she didn't have Claire go back from the present day (e.g. it would have been 1991) because she felt that her hands on medical practical skills as a nurse/doctor wouldn't be as strong as they would be if she was a doctor in the 60's.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I Googled "when does 'Go tell the Bees that I am Gone' come out?" It said early 2020. Well, that's not happening, cause we're already in mid 2020.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I have a question. When Brianna, James, and Jemmy tried to go through the stones but didn't succeed, were they still in possession of their gemstones or were the gems taken anyhow?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've been enjoying reading everyone's comments but I haven't watched the most recent season. I've read the books up to and including the 6th book, A Breath of Snow and Ashes but I guess the TV show is doing things a little differently.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, their gemstones were burned up when they went through the stones. I think it was Roger (not James--who is James?) who said that when he thought of "home" he thought of Fraser's Ridge, so that's where they came back to. It was much different in the books, but I like this way better, keeping them all together.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I hated that they sent them home early but then they just came back. Waste of time that could have been spent with some of the wonderful deleted scenes in the finale...one of which was Bree announcing a certain something that actually DOES send them back eventually. (Trying not to spoil it for non-book watchers.)

And yes - Diana takes longer with each book. I think she's gotten very distracted by the show, TBH.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think it was Roger (not James--who is James?)"

Uh....in my head at that moment, James was Roger. After reading your post, my head is now telling me that Roger is Roger. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was just pulling your leg a bit, SFJF. I'm the worst with remembering names. Getting harder all the time.