TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through October 30, 2021 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 07, 2021 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Putting this in a spoiler box, although I presume it's ok to post. A major character is leaving the show.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Link to story on tvline.com

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 07, 2021 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Kitt!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I loved Dr. Murphy whooping it up.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Excellent ep. :-)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
When can we talk about the subject matter in Kitt’s black box? Because does it really seem that it was that person’s choice?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Once the show has aired, it's okay to talk here about what took place. After reading the article, it does sound like it was the actress's choice to leave and experience other opportunities. Seems to have been a choice by both the actress and her character, Claire. I will miss her.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yep. Once a show has aired and something has become wide public knowledge, it’s not considered a spoiler. :-)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, June 11, 2021 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Ok. I just am bummed because Claire was my favorite character. And why would she leave without any other part lined up?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, June 11, 2021 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Julieboo Kitt posted an article about it in the spoiler box above

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 11, 2021 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sounds like she got a better offer and wanted to take it.
She was a limited character on this show, bad things happen around her. Her more interesting past is behind her.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, October 01, 2021 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What happened to this show?? The premier was borderline “jumped the shark” IMO. Time will tell.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven’t watched but I’m curious to know why you (or anyone) thought it was so bad?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
We thought it was good! Not sure what Julie saw that I didn't.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I’m not the only one. One thing people (including me) didn’t like was the wedding pre party storyline. It seemed like it came out of nowhere and especially when dealing with an autistic person like Shawn, you need to give them some warning about schedule changes. But the blonde all of a sudden in the surgery watching area. You need special clearance for that. (Was she undercover?? If she was then they needed to make that more clear.) But the thing that I disliked the most was a drunk Glassman. Saying stuff that would clearly upset Shawn and Leah. Not in his character. No one tried to lead him away during that speech?? And then he offered no apology the next day?? That was handled all weird.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Then add that one higher up doc (forgot his name) turning into a Gigolo??? Again not in his character.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It was certainly eye-opening. Can't wait to see where the storylines go.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I don't think that anyone was inferring that you were the only one, for me I was merely saying that myself and my family enjoyed the episode and didn't see anything that put us off.

I don't think that the engagement story line came out of nowhere, often that's how season openers start, knowing time has passed, and the storyline can evolve, and doesn't have to pick up right where the previous season ended. As for Shaun, it seems like Leah has learned to deal with him and his autisim quite grandly. Additionally, as a hospital doctor/surgeon, he himself would have had to learn to cope with sudden changes in routine/schedules, and it has seemed he has.

As for the blonde, I'm assuming you didn't see the ending?

I didn't particularly like the drunk Glassman either, but understood why that was done, and why noone tried to lead him away. I don't recall seeing him the next day, so I'm not sure on that...I may have to rewatch.

I don't think the doctor is a gigolo...LOL. I think it's more a rebound thing after his marriage breaks up.

So funny how different people see and interpret different things...it's what makes the world go round.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 03, 2021 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Our son is on the ASD spectrum. We often see Shaun in him (him in Shaun?). But as he's matured, he's been more able to handle unexpected changes to his routine. He still doesn't like them, but he's better able to cope than when he was younger. Some people with autism can learn to cope better with things they can't control. It takes more energy than the average person, but they learn to do it.

I thought the pre-wedding dreams were hilarious. Doesn't every bride have those crazy dreams? I know I did! I had one dream where it was my wedding day and I was in my dress ready to go, when my fiance came riding up on his bicycle in cutoffs and a tank top!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Sunday, October 03, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Babyjzxmom that's funny :-)

I did go back and re-watch, and Glassman and Sean didn't see each other the following day, so that explains that. In the previews for next week, it shows them having a conversation.

I still enjoy this show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We still enjoy it, too!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I still enjoy this show.

So is Glassman (actor for) leaving the show?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if he was weak because of the covid he had (he was bad enough to be hospitalised), so they reduced his episodes this season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 30, 2021 - 1:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Could be.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 30, 2021 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't know he had Covid. I hope he makes a full recovery. I'll miss him. They did show him driving away in his little MG on the last episode, so maybe he'll be gone for a while.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, October 30, 2021 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I’m not liking this show at all this season. I do not like Dr. Brown at all — she is way too snarky for me. Plus I do not like the new owner/boss/CEO whatever she is, plus I do not like the “hospital for profit” storyline.