TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through March 14, 2022 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Like chalk on a blackboard right?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Yup. Near the end of the series, I was just waiting for it to be over so I didn't have to listen to that anymore.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Babyjax watch a few episodes of All Of Us Are Dead... And you will LOVE The Walking Dead again...LOL only good thing...there are no horses tigers or dogs to worry about

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
OMG my husband now thinks it's funny to imitate Anna's accent while we are at home. He is treading thin ice...lol

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I kept hearing that terrible accent in my head for a couple days after finishing Inventing Anna, too. I watched an interview of the real Anna. She had an odd way of talking but not as bizarre as the actress. Thanks for that info, Maris. I was wondering who the older wealthy lady was. This story fascinated me.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" FYI The wealthy older woman is Richard Burton's daughter (I went to high school with her)."

Are you referring to the actress who played Meredith Grey's mother, Ellis, on Grey's Anatomy?

Interesting...

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The actress of course. Funny sstory. We were in the same French class and it was the beginning of the year nad we had a new French teacher, from Algeria. he went around the room and in conversational french we had to tell him what our parents did. She said her father was unemployed because he was between movies. We cracked up.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just started watching Wentworth, it is an old series but I am now obsessed with it. I am in season 3 and there are 8 seasons. Anyone else watch it ?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
If you are hearing Anna's voice in your head, "Y'all so basic!"

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I just finished the last season of Wentworth Pamy. It has to be one of my all time favourite Netflix series. Every season is a good one and the actors/characters are just so damn incredible. I just told my neice, who also watches, that I think Im going to start the whole series over again. absolutely LOVED IT!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
was Wentworth crass and tacky? I'm tired of lazy writing where crass language is used, especially the c word, which I cannot abide.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
It is set in an Australian womans maximum security prison so, yes, theres a fair amount of swearing.. and some nudity too

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Cinnamongirl, good to know all the seasons are great!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 13, 2022 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I know I'm late to the party....five seasons later, but I started binging Van Helsing. I was on the search of some sort of sci-fi, vampire or mystical series. I saw it had four seasons on Netflix and one on Syfy. The description said, for those that liked the Strain. I decided to try it and it is quite entertaining.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 13, 2022 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched The Adam Project on Netflix last night. Not a series, but a movie. O.M.G. SUCH a good movie! Ryan Reynolds is wonderful, and the little boy who played him as a 6th grader was perfect! I laughed out loud, and I sobbed (in the good way). So many daddy issues. Can you imagine being able to travel back in time and see your parents young again? Or even just alive? Best movie I've seen in a long time. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, March 13, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a good one. I have a real weakness for time travel movies. Looking forward to watching it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 13, 2022 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto Jimmer.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Adam Project was highly enjoyable. Such a likable cast with Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Garner. The little boy did a fantastic job. You get some sci fi, some laughter , some tears. I cry at everything so I may not be the best person to gauge that but I was in full tears at the end. So many touching moments.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hear ya, Jimmer. I love those time travel movies (and books) too, especially if they're well done. One of the reasons why Peggy Sue Got Married is one of my favorite movies. When Peggy Sue travels back in time to high school, sees her little sister so cute and adorable, her mom so young, and she answers the phone to hear the voice of her long dead grandma, it just kills me. I'm getting teary just thinking about it. I've lost a lot of people in my life, so going back to my high school years when everybody was still alive touches my heart.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It truly is such a sweet idea. I love it. Peggy Sue Got Married is one of my favourites too.

Have you seen About Time? Probably my all time favourite movie.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
OT -

"That sounds like a good one. I have a real weakness for time travel movies. Looking forward to watching it."

Jimmer, that reminds me...several years ago we were both in a thread and the topic turned to time travel and you said something similar and I recommended the movie "Predestination" (2014) with Ethan Hawk. That's my favorite time travel movie of all time.

Did you ever find and/or watch it? It's imperative that you watch it before reading anything that might spoil it for you.

Oh yeah, it also has Sarah Snook (sister of the Roy family sons on "Succession").

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You know I don't think I watched it. I've started keeping a list of movies and shows that I want to watch because it seems there are so many these days and I'll add it to the top of the list!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, after seeing your post earlier, I couldn't believe I missed an Ethan Hawke movie! He's my favorite actor. So this very minute we are sitting down to watch it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, I looked the movie up before my post above and that's when I discovered Snooks was in it. I'd never seen her before that so years later when I started watching Succession I became a fan....and only today did I learn she was a lead in Predestination.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 14, 2022 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, my mind is about to explode. Tell me is this was the ending? I am a bit turned around.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
So was Ethan her baby daddy and also the guy who kidnapped the baby?