TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through March 09, 2022 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL you’re right, Sugar. She was Emma.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oops, you're right, Sugar! She was Emma, not Snow. I still associate her with that show, which I LOVED (also House).

Of course Deja and Malik are immature fools, cause what are they supposed to be? 17 and 18? Most people are immature fools at that age. But they're in love. They're all going to have to come to some understanding or there will be trouble. Beth was right to mention Romeo and Juliet. Young people can be very passionate and make stupid decisions. Beth and Randall will have to tread lightly.

And thanks for the compliment, Jimmer! 🥰

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
That is a valid point, 17 and 18 year olds are immature fools in general. Of course no one ever believes that when they are that age as it is the oldest they have ever been. And you know EVERYTHING at that age . That being said, the parents still need to parent.
I am certainly glad I am not a teenager and do not have any at my house.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The parents need to parent very carefully in this situation. At 17 and 18 years old, they are almost legal adults and DO think they know everything. But they can still make very bad decisions, so Beth and Randall have to be careful not to back them into a corner or they could drive them to do something stupid. They are not babies and need to be treated as almost-adults. You can't dictate to a 17 year old, or they will walk out the door and do whatever they damn well please.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
CRAP! I was so looking forward to this show coming back and there's nothing but wall to wall weather. YUK!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Anyone know where I can watch it tomorrow?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't know.

What I want to know is next show is Tuesday, March 8???!!! I thought after the Olympics show would go straight through to the end without any breaks. What is with next show Tuesday, March 8?

ETA: Next Tuesday is State of the Union. So two weeks until next episode.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Hecka, do you have an on demand option? You can usually watch the next day on nbc on demand. I think also the Peacock network

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Peacock Streaming will carry it the next day.

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
You can watch it on Hulu, too.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Neither NBC on demand or Peacock were up to date. They only had older shows available. I had to sign up for Hulu. I actually had it about 10 years ago when they were the only ones who had continued All My Children. I'm probably going to have to get rid of my cable anyway. It is going up almost $30 a month which will make it over $100/month.I can't afford that.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Kevin should have the twins for Thanksgiving! It’s a huge deal in his family. I get what Kat was saying, so let Kevin take the kids on his own!
And I read that the actress playing Beth wrote and directed her part of the show. I danced from the age of 3 until 18. I felt all the feels!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just want Kevin to have a happy ending. He tries so hard to be a good person.

I used to want him with Khloe but now really want him with Madison and the kids

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Hecka, I go to nbc.com, and somewhere along the line I must have signed up for free next-day shows, which is now Peacock or something. Get an account there, if you don't already have one.

Then you have to sign in with the account of whoever is your internet service provider. Mine is Comcast/Xfinity. So I have my longtime Xfinity/Comcast user account that I signed into, and it took me to the free shows on nbc.com. The thing is you have to locate and sign into the Sign In With Internet Provider button EVERY time you want to watch a program for free. But you will learn to live with it. The first few times you will forget and the website will advise you that you are using one of your 3 free uses. Do NOT click OK there. Start searching for the link to Sign in with Internet provider button. You'll get the hang of after the first couple times it tells you that you are using a free credit. Do not use the free credits. It means you have made a mistake.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Next day watching on some services is not available until after 24 hours have passed.

Beth is possibly my favorite character. I took dance lessons for a few years and enjoyed them.. That being said, I didn't really care for this episode, it seems like filler. I don't know, hope it all ends up being a satisfying finale season.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode though I do have empathy for those who want the plot to keep moving forward.

Very cool to see Rebecca and Miguel's relationship develop. Beth was fabulous. Kevin's scenes with Madison were also very good, with more chemistry than in the past. I don't know if he loves her but he does care a lot about her.

As often happens, this episode lead to a discussion between my wife, DD and me so I'll ask everyone's opinion here as well.

Do you think that Kevin did the right thing in telling Sophie that he cheated on her?

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed most of this episode. Found it interesting to see the development of Rebecca and Miguel's relationship, and to see details of what happened between Kevin and Sophie with Kate stuck in the middle.
Beth is probably my favorite character on the show, but I find every episode that focuses on her ballerina days boring. I just don't have any interest in that part of her story.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Based on an interview that I read with the actor who plays Beth and the writer, I have a feeling that they are 'wrapping up' everyone's story line with each episode. Then, I would suspect the final wrap up would be the Big 3 and Rebecca.

Note that they brought Sophie back into the picture in the last episode with Kate texting her out of the blue at the end of the episode. I only hope that this settles part of Kevin's story and that he doesn't end up with her. I want him to be with Madison.. I already think he's starting to fall in love with her.. as he just wants her to be happy and is taking steps back to allow that.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think that they are bringing Sophie back because she is who Kevin ends up with.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I hope not. We really don't have much of a connection with her... I'm hoping that it's just to fully close that door for Kevin, like with the other lady.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch last night? Jumped around for the whole hour to different time frames in their lives. A little confusing. Rebecca had a sit-down with the big three and Miguel. She told them what she wants in her future and who is in charge. Scenes of younger Rebecca and her family -- her mother in particular. Scenes that explain Rebecca and Miguel. Kate and Toby are not looking good. Toby is careful what and how much he feeds Jack due to his and Kate's weight problems. Kate doesn't agree with him -- especially during big family dinner. From the beginning of the series I still wonder about Chrissy Metz' weight.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i watched and appreciated all the transitions of timelines which matched the topics...

I am on Kate's side with the food choices - she totally knows what she is feeding Jack and yet wants him to enjoy the good moments too - just like with my Jack :-) I just wish Kate and Toby communicated better so they wouldnt get to that point of disagreement. And i totally understand Toby's motivation too - just feel whenever you totally hold back on anything ...food, adventures, news, toys etc. it only leads to chaos later and lack of trust. There is a clear line between keeping your kids safe and letting them be exposed to things/find out what things are like.

is it Bill? I totally saw things failing with Bill given we knew Rebecca ended up with Miquel but that was hard to watch as much as it reinforced how they belonged together.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I see both sides as well. However, it wasn’t like Jack was looking for a treat and Toby was denying him the treat. Jack didn’t even care. The writers seem to be making Toby the bad guy, which is a shame.

I thought the episode was okay. I would have enjoyed the scenes with Jack and Rebecca and her parents more if we all didn’t know that it ultimately didn’t matter and they end up miserable at the end anyway. It’s just sad that they all seemed to have made some progress towards getting along and it was all for naught.

They also made Kevin a real jerk in this episode. Didn’t enjoy that either.

It was definitely a Kate positive episode.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I know it’s just a tv show, but what a gift Rebecca gave them by having that talk with them.