TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through February 21, 2022 users admin

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying Love is Blind Brasil

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Sweet Magnolias 2nd season is on Netflix

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recommendation. I love Derek as well. I also watched Humanity his standup. I have a whole new understanding and love for Ricky Gervais. Love when that happens.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh Murderville sounds hilarious! I need to check it out!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Murderville has such polarizing reviews. People either seem to love it or they think it’s awful.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Murderville was awful. The idea for the show is fun but the reality was horrible. I agree with the critic who stated that "almost every scene was torture" and "mediocre improvisation is excruciating". Will Arnett lacks the kind of talent this needs.
I've seen and even done some really good improv, Murderville is just a sad sorry attempt at improv. I may try the original British version, it sounds like it is actually funny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I loved it. I wasn't so whippy on the Sharon Stone episode, but I thought the rest were hilarious. I just kept looking into the faces of the guest stars and wondering what the heck could be going through their head. haha

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've watched two episodes of Murderville. We don't usually like comedies, but DH was laughing like crazy at Marshawn Lynch. I thought he did very well, kept a straight face while saying the most ridiculous things and went with the flow. I think Marshawn could have a career as an actor. He was pretty good.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Marshawn seemed to take it so seriously. Being a Seahawks fan and a bay area native, I know how funny he can be but he nailed it. He seemed so sincere throughout it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m not a fan of improv but I’d like to see some of these guest stars.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched 15 minutes of the Conan O Brian episode and didn't laugh once and turned it off. Maybe I should try another ep?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I liked them all except Sharon Stone, so I don't know if it's for you.

At Rotten Tomatoes, it got a 76% on the critics' Tomatometer, and 81% user rating. Not too shabby.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Like I said, when you read the user reviews it's like people are watching two different shows.

It's kind of like trying to get someone to enjoy football. It doesn't matter how good the game is if they just don't enjoy that sport.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Everyone has their own taste. We tend not to like comedies, cause they're usually silly and predictable. But we've been enjoying Murderville. We haven't binged it, but use it to kind of fill out our evening before we go to bed. It's a nice little half hour of light comedy, after an evening of mostly dark shows. (We lean towards British detective shows.)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Not sure how I feel about The Woman Across The Street...too many holes in the storyline and I’ve always hated shows where you didn’t know if things are real or just the characters imagination. But in spite of all that and not being a Kristen Bell fan,it kept my interest.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Keeping in mind that it was a comedy helped me enjoy it more. I mean, who would bring their daughter to work when your job is interviewing serial killers, and then accidentally leave her alone in the cell with one? LOL

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
All the bits with the handyman fixing the mailbox made me laugh.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Agree with all of you (Lakecat, Naja and Rieann) on all points above. We kept saying, "That would never happen." But the handyman working on the broken mailbox for years was pretty funny. He just always seemed to be tinkering with it in every scene. The Woman Across the Street . . . wasn't perfect, but overall we enjoyed it. Looking forward to a second season.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Watched Inventing Anna as I find Julia Garner interesting. I agree with the many complaints regarding her very odd and uneven accent, it was annoying and distracting from the story. I think Laverne Cox is among the worst of actors, no range, no talent, this is probably the best she has even been.

The writers in Scriberia were probably the highlight of the series. Anna Deavere Smith, Jeff Perry and Terry Kinney were fun to watch.

I wanted to like the show more than I did, it seemed lacking, especially the last few episodes.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That accent was SO distracting. It was so weird. At one point I just had to listen to a video of the real Anna in an interview. There was an element of her accent in the actresses. But no way was it crazy like that LOL

The writers in Scriberia were the best! I also liked the lawyer and the judge.

All in all I found it...ok. The story itself was more interesting/incredulous than most of the rest of the actors.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched The Tinder Swindler last night. Wow! Felt so sorry for those women who kept giving him money, but he had them convinced he was in a tight spot and needed their help. What we do for love! Ay yi yi! Reminded me of when I was sending my college boyfriend money (only $20, but that was a lot to me back then 😁) and typing his term papers for him, while he was cheating on me with another girl! Boys!!! Anyway we thought it was an interesting story.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So because I love zombie stuff... I see a Korean series about zombies called All Of Us Are Dead. I'm thinking, well Korean horror movies are somewhat strange for me. But I'll try it out. I also read reviews on it that said "this is what the Walking Dead should be" etc... So obviously I went into it with high hopes.

I wanted very much to stop watching it during the very first scene. It was way too ugly for me. Not because of the zombies but because of the non-zombies. Then I thought to myself... Well if I started watching The Walking Dead with the scene where Negan, Glenn and Abraham. I would have never watched it again.

I'm on the second episode and I cannot for the life of me understand why everybody likes the series so much. I don't know, maybe it gets better? But it would have to get a lot better.

Has anyone else attempted watching this? Is it me? I had forgotten that Walking Dead was returning. Thank God

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I watched The Walking Dead all the way up to when the Whispers were introduced. I survived (barely) through the Negan era, but then when Darryl showed up with a dog, I was out. The zombies were manageable. But the pure evil of some of the humans just got to me, and I couldn't watch it anymore. Also the dog was stressing me out. I couldn't stand worrying about him getting hurt. They've killed off pretty much everybody from the early episodes. It's not even the same show anymore.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I agree with all on Inventing Anna, the accent was super annoying. FYI The wealthy older woman is Richard Burton's daughter (I went to high school with her). The scriberia writers were the best characters. I actually like Laverne Cox, she is typecast and plays the same character every time but I bet she is a lot of fun to hang out with. I love her snarky tone.

Hard to believe that she is sitting in some ICE detention center.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I finished the series a week ago and I still hear Anna's voice ringing in my head!