TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: Archive through February 04, 2022 users admin

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i thoroughly enjoyed this episode and see nothing wrong with it being only about Jack (as a kid and adult). There was too much there to put in other storylines, and I do think it goes to the overall themes of family bonds, relationship arcs, balancing the now with the past, which we see going on in the present with the Big Three. And my recent viewing of Milo as the Ogre on past episodes of Gotham did not cloud my love for him as a human here as Jack. :-)

Also as a single parent, I have been worried about the what ifs, if anything happened to me, (funeral, finances, emotionally, guardian, etc.) ever since my son was born... but I also have known where I wanted to be buried since I was a kid - maternal side graveyard - just always worry there wont be enough space by whatever point that happens.

Loved "Cat" and reminded me of my dog that was at my dad's -- after my dad moved to his wife's house, my dad tried to give it away after i moved to college because it was getting into too much trouble (this was years into the dog's life and almost 4 years after moving to the house), but no matter the distance and highways etc., the dog kept finding his way back to the house. Which still makes me smile thinking how loyal he was to do that...as dangerous a route as it always was...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
By the time I graduated from high school and probably some time before, my parents bought three plots in the local cemetery. Is that the normal way of doing things -- parents buying adjoining plots for everyone in the family? My parents are there now.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I loved "cat" as well. Also his Mom's boyfriend was a wonderful man. He would have been a wonderful grandfather.

I'm not sure there is a "normal" way of doing these things anymore. The world has become a very diverse place.

I did want to comment that my DD was home from University this weekend and she loves the show and so we re-watched the first four episodes with her. Despite my earlier mild gripes about it, I was surprised to find that I enjoyed the episodes much more when re-watching them. It is by far the best show currently on network TV.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll add that one of the things that I noticed was how kind and understanding Rebecca was about Jack participating in the kids upbringing even when working long hours. She was so encouraging, she didn't berate Jack for letting Kevin wander off and she found a way to help him make the day a memorable one in a positive way. She was wonderful. What a great message about positivity!

Unfortunately, it also sadly showed a stark contrast with how Kate reacted to Toby's attempts to be a part of things.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Didn’t Jack go back in the the house fire to save Kate’s cat? Of course, not the same cat... but, thinking about cats in the show.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was a dog (not that it matters). :-)

Toby wanted to get them a dog at some point but Kate had emotional issues regarding dogs as a result of Jack's death.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Color, my parents and both sets of grandparents had prepurchased plots. That used to be the thing to do 50+ yrs ago.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay thanks. I couldn’t quite remember. It was a dog.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
If the dog survived the smoke, I think Jack should have been ok.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that Jack's problem though was he had some sort of heart condition and the combination of that and the smoke and the exertion did it.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
You are exactly right, Jimmer. He went into cardiac arrest due to heavy smoke inhalation and had a widow maker heart attack on the spot.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Pamy, it was easily 50+ years ago. Now it seems a little odd to me. Glad I have a place to lay me down without worrying about it. Only 2 - 3 miles from me now.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
OT, my parents also bought 4 plots together. When my nephew died, all of us "kids" had to sign over one of the unused plots so my nephew could be buried there. Guess it was the thing to do years ago. I don't know who will get the last plot.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
A few years ago I learned for the first time (and I am now really old) that my paternal grandmother had purchased a family plot of 8 lots and somebody needed to use one, and my sister and I wrote letters to the cemetery saying we were fine with any of the Juju family using the remaining plots on a ... uh ... first come first served basis. I have a lot of first cousins but don't know where most of them are. I suspect most of them never knew about the family plots either. I just had a cousin die a few days ago, and his surviving sisters were grateful to have a pre-paid place where he could be buried.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 2:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Wasn't Jack doing fine, and then died suddenly and unexpectedly in the hospital.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes, Dogdoc, that's exactly what happened.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Scooter

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nicky and his girlfriend were so cute in last nights episode. I enjoyed the whole episode a lot, except maybe the Deja stuff.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode is going to have to last us through February 22. Then straight through to THE END.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
My favorite part of last night's episode was seeing that Kevin won't end up with Cassidy. I never warmed to her story or character and would be extremely disappointed if he ended up with her.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Kevin and Cassidy and I could have seen it ending up with them together and been happy with that outcome. However, it seems clear that isn't going to happen and that's fine too.

It does look like they may be heading toward a Kevin and Madison ending. His concern for Madison and his understanding of her feelings is quite notable and touching.

I'm a bit at a loss at the writers' ongoing focus on Deja to the point that even Randall and Beth have become almost peripheral minor characters in the Deja story, only there for the purpose of reacting to Deja's decisions. I assume there will be some sort of link that pulls this all together in a future storyline.

Loved the scene with Nicky and his girlfriend!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m hoping for Madison too. I’m thinking that Kevin calling her boyfriend was that he really wants the best for her and will discover that he really loves her.
Wondering if Cassidy will end up running the Big 3 Construction company with Nicky.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I am absolutely simpatico with your feelings re: Kevin and Cassidy (she is Snow White, after all!). I'm okay with them either way. I would like to see him get back together with Madison, though, since he really seems to care about her and they have two kids together.

Loved Nicky and his girlfriend. They are sweet together! And the part of Kate and Rebecca being "best friends" broke my heart (in a good way). My mom and I used to be best friends, too, before she got dementia and I became her primary caregiver. It was total role reversal. I tried to keep it in perspective, though, and remember all the things she'd done for me over the years. Like turn on my electric blanket on my bed, when I was going to be home late. One time her care facility called and said they were going to a play in the afternoon and my mom wanted to go. They asked if I could drop off $20 for her ticket (she no longer had control of her own money at that stage), so I drove down and dropped off the cash at the front desk. The receptionist said how nice I was to bring it by for her, and I said, "I just thought of all the times my mom brought my lunch to school for me or loaned me money when I needed it. It's payback."

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How you thought about your Mom and how doing things for her made you feel good about giving back is beautiful and special.

LOL I’ll admit my thoughts of “Snow” influence how I feel about Cassidy.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought Jennifer Morrison/Cassidy was Snow White's daughter in Once Upon a Time.

I still find Cassidy grating and don't early want Kevin to end up with Madison. Why would she marry the person who did not want to marry her? I also think she realized she didn't really want to marry him either.

Deja and Malik, what immature fools.

I think Beth just might be my favorite character.