TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through February 05, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, January 22, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Started watching After Life. Have not been a fan of Ricky Gervais in the past, but thought I'd give it a try. It's irrelevant British humour with a proper dose of heartwarming comedy and tug of the heartstrings.

I'm watching stuff I never would have, due to the pandemic curtailing most production.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Us too, Sincebb1. We've really discovered British television these past couple of years.

I just started Locke and Keye on Netflix a couple of days ago. It's a lot of fun.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m watching After Life too. It’s a bit of a downer with some funny parts. He’s sort of the British version of Larry David.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
After Life has been one of my favorite shows. I love how I might cringe at a moment but be in tears in the next. It really hit home in so many places about loss of a loved one. Grief is hard but it is also okay to laugh.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Babyjax... If you're like me, you will just love Locke & Key! You'll be able to binge 1 and 2. Three, I think, it's supposed to be out by next month?

Lake, Yes, After Life has its poignant moments. I have shed a tear or two. I love the older woman on the park bench in the cemetery and her brilliant observations. In general, it has many life lesson moments...And a few totally cringe-worthy, British humor moments, especially the ones in the pub...lol

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Just finished the first season, I liked how it ended. Especially Kevin Hart.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
😊

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m really loving it. I just finished season 2. Gervais was never on my radar until he gave Hollywood the tongue lashing they deserved. He’s really a good actor as well as a writer. I was teary eyed in every episode but I also laughed every episode.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That is the craziness of AfterLife. I think it made me feel just about every emotion there is. It is so well written. I hope Ricky Gervaise comes out with some other series. I really just kind of stumbled on it and I'm so glad I decided to watch it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just finished season three. The way it ended seems to be the end of the show. Nooooo.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lake, I turned to my husband and said the same thing. That's why I was hoping Gervaise would have another series. He wrote After Life with the intention of only having it be 3 seasons.

I have been reading a lot of interviews he has given. Everyone is begging him to continue. He said, never say never, but he thinks it's done. He said the series is all about "life goes on". He also explains the disappearance of a couple of the characters.

So now I'm just getting my After Life fix by reading all the interviews. They also have posted some bloopers and an ad-lib joke that even Ricky Gervais said went too far and wouldn't make it on the series. I would not have said that was possible after watching it. Lol

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Ricky Gervais' Derek is a great show too. It does have all the cringe-worthy elements that he has in his shows but the gist is human kindness and the goodness in people. Just like After Life, I cried throughout it.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Afterlife is one of my favorites of this year! It's the only series that I want to watch from start to end twice. I just love Ricky Gervais. He is an outstanding writer and it really was a beautiful love story. Do good.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Mamie, Thanks for heads up on the other Gervaise series! I can't wait to watch it.

If it's half as good as After Life.... I will still love it. It just grabbed me in a certain way.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He certainly used the “c” word a lot. Is that word a British thing or just a Ricky Gervais thing? Where can I find Dereck?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We started The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window on Netflix last night. A cumbersome title, I know, but so far we're loving it. We only watched the first couple of episodes, but after watching the first one, we had to go straight to the second one. It stars Kristen Bell. Very highly recommend. I think it's going to be one of those shows everybody talks about.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lake... apparently, according to my friend who lives in England...the c-word in the UK is nowhere near the offensive word it is here. She said there is no gender attached to it as there is here. So they would call a man by that same word as well as a woman.

She said in UK it just means more "annoying"... It's not even at the level of our "a-hole" expletive.

She said she totally had to get used to that. The first time somebody said that in her presence, she almost punched them...lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I finished The Woman in the House Across the Street.... I love Kristen bell and I did binge this is two sessions. However, I didn't love it. Some of it is just stupid, and not funny stupid. I thought it would be more darkly humorous. It's not a bad show and I get that it's making fun of other shows and books. But it just wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. Maybe i expected too much.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was kind of thinking that was the deal. We have a member by the name of Kitt who could give us her 2 cents. I can’t remember if she’s American and lived over there or if she’s a true Brit.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Lake, Derek is on Netflix as well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LC, Kitt is a true Brit. We've Zoomed together a couple of times, and I can vouch that she has the most delightful British Accent.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I would like to thank all of the posters who months ago recommended The Starling movie with Melissa McCarthy. Based on the trailer, I hadn't planned to watch it but now I'm glad I did. I really enjoy McCarthy when she takes on these roles that aren't comic in nature but still have a touch of humour in them. The entire cast was great.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched it months ago. I hate the slapstick-style comedies she does mostly, but this one was sweet. Glad you enjoyed it, Kappy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG, we are LOVING "Murderville"!

It's a 30 minute comedy that stars Will Arnett as a homicide cop. Each episode his chief assigns him a new partner and they solve a new murder. The catch is that each celebrity guest that plays his new partner isn't given a script and they have to improv their way through the whole episode! It's so funny!

I'm on ep 5 (out of 6). The guest partner is Sharon Stone in this one.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched the first one with Conan. It was hilarious! I am looking forward to the Marshawn Lynch episode.