TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Tales of the Walking Dead

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Tales of the Walking Dead users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New anthology series of unrelated episodes, each set in the TWD world, starts this summer.

Some guest stars in the link:

https://tvline.com/2022/02/02/tales-of-the-walking-dead-anthony-edwards-terry-crews-cast-season-1/

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My first thought was "they have tails now?"

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
More on Tales of the Walking Dead, including the stars of each show.

https://tvline.com/lists/tales-of-the-walking-dead-premiere-date-amc-photos-olivia-munn/samantha-morton-as-dee/

Premieres August 14th, six episodes.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There was a Talking Dead tonight that previewed the show (which starts NEXT SUNDAY!), it looks pretty good!

Some of the episodes seem to be dark comedy horror, which is always my thing. although some appear to be straighter, like the episode on Alpha. I'm quite looking forward to them.

They had "Maggie" talking about the Maggie and Negan episodes in NY, which I'm not particularly enthused about. They say NY has been cut off from the mainland, so there are gangs and rats. They're going to have to find a really good excuse for how they had to be there or it just doesn't make sense.

They also spoke about the Michonne and Rick show, which they describe as a love story. It sounds like it will be filling in the gaps with what happens to them after they left the main show, and presumably how they re-found each other.

And they confirmed the Daryl show is in France, with the suped up walkers from the end of World Beyond. Although that could be interesting, it makes me immediately feel so sad for Daryl, to be away from what was essentially the only real family he's ever had. As he's in France it seems like he has to have met up with the CRM at some point in the main show, else why would he be there.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It does look good! Can't wait for next Sunday!

I am not interested in the Rick show. I never felt the chemistry between him and Michonne. I agree about feeling sad for Daryl, I dont think I will watch that show either.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh I loved Rick and Michonne! I will watch all the shows... even the Maggie and Negan show which right now has no appeal. But they are bound to have falling ratings for all these, especially once the main show is gone, so it wouldn't surprise me if most are the six episode seasons one then done.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I am so disappointed that Melissa McBride had to pull out of the spin off with Norman Reedus! I was so looking forward to Carol and Daryl finally together again.

Reason given: "Relocating to Europe became logistically untenable for Melissa at this time"

Whatever that means. I wonder if that is going to delay the premier? I mean, this changed everything.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought they originally planned for them to have a roadtrip, like they talked about on the show. That would be doable, but I can understand not wanting to move to France, even if she's single she might have all sorts of responsibilities.

I saw a banner with the shows dates the other day, let me see if I can find it...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Norman Reedus says it will begin filming in September, which I'm guessing means it'll be spring at the earliest next year. Then Richonne is later next year.

So we have:

Aug 14 - Sep 18: Tales of the Walking Dead - confirmed

Oct 2 - Nov 20: The Walking Dead S11C, including the series finale - confirmed

Feb???-April??? for 8 weeks - Fear TWD Season 8 part A

So I think either the Daryl show will be then, followed by Fear 8B, followed by Rick/Michonne. Or there could be a break and then Fear 8B, then the two new shows.

But anyway, sometime in 2023 is the best I could find...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. Seems so far away. They have to rethink/rewrite the whole thing. Maybe hire other actors. This was the one spinoff I was highly anticipating...booooo.

I wonder if it has something to do with health...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sounds like they rethought it after hiring the actors, i.e. they didn't tell Norman and Melissa the location of the show, or even what it was about, when they asked them to do it! Several of the write ups about Melissa deciding not to do it say that she dropped out after she heard the show "relocated" to Europe.

So they might not have lost much time if they hadn't fleshed anything out. And kind of their fault anyway, moving to Europe for three months is quite a big deal, it's not like they're movie actors.

Melissa's 57, might have elderly parents, responsibilities who knows really. And she'd have been filming the end of TWD right before this filmed. I think it likely it was just that the move was too much of a mental challenge after the constant work.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The first episode with Terry Crews was pretty good.

As I watched it, I wondered if any of the characters on this anthology series will wind up in some other spinoff...it is a perfect vehicle to introduce a new character or plot line if they generate interest from the fans, but it's also a great standalone episode.

Also, at some point in the past week or so I saw a promo for it that looked like a comedy episode....that could be fun.

Anyhow, it was engaging and I will gladly watch it. Anthologies are fun because if you watch an episode that doesn't thrill you, the following week's episode might be right up your alley.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 13, 2022 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't have AMC+ so I can't see it until tomorrow. If the regular TWD people end up somewhere safe in the finale, maybe some of these new characters could already be there. Or they could always end up on Fear. Or even in the Richonne series, I presume that's set in the last six years, from when Rick left.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well this one with Parker Posey was a weird one!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So far I'm not really loving this anthology. I love Terry Crews...but not so much as an actor. It seemed that he was over acting. The story was ok.

The second one with Parker Posey, yeah that was strange.

The third one, which is out on AMC+ was the best out of the three. Probably because it featured Samantha Morton. Dee or rather Alpha on WD.

For me this show is just filler until the other WD shows come on. Everyone else seems to like them, so it must just be me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've enjoyed them, but they've seemed outside if the TWD universe (even though they're not). It seems like these were a gift to the writers, who've probably been throwing out wild ideas all these years, and now can be indulged.

Apparently there were hints in the Parker Posey one to suggest the walker theory (that Blair and Gina died after the first tanker explosion, and every iteration after that was her walker brain trying to parse what happened) but I missed the hints. I did notice as they walked off at the end, how much like walkers they looked.

I'm not keen on Alpha, and I feel like we saw a lot of her back story, but I will try to like the next episode!

Oh btw it's not just you! I've seen a lot of negative comments about this series online, especially the Parker Posey episode.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ah, well at least I know that it wasn't entirely me

The only reason I liked the Alpha episode the most... and for me it was kind of saying the best of the worst...was because at least I had prior context for the character. But Alphas accent gets on my nerves about like Jasmines on Big Brother lol I was very glad when they took her out, and I was very glad that it was Negan to do it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 28, 2022 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought once Alpha met Beta (what appeared to be pre-Whisperers) they travelled together. So are they now saying they split up and later Beta happened to find the Whisperers independently, or did Alpha leave the Whisperers and rejoin after meeting Beta?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, August 28, 2022 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing actually. I thought I had mixed up the timeliness. But you had the same questions I did.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think either the writers missed it, which they shouldn't, or maybe there was something in the Beta episode to suggest she was already in the Whisperers. I think Lydia was older in the Beta episode, and that was where we first (chronologically) heard Alpha say something like "I am the Alpha."

I kind of think they fudged it and hoped we didn't notice ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anyone think these episodes have been a let down?! I really thought they'd be better, it seemed like these were going to be the fun ideas people had had over the years, and they'd finally had a chance to make them into shows... but if these were the best ideas they had, or the best shows they could make form those ideas, well, I'm not impressed. Especially the last couple.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kitt I felt exactly the same. I hope this is not representative of the kind of plot lines or writing we're going to get when The Walking Dead comes back. Are these the same people that write for TWD? Or did they allow others to write? Did someone get fired lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So I had to take a break. I watched the first 4. Hated them. Now I'm watching the 5th one. This might be the worst one so far....

Who wrote these...did the borrow a writer from La Brea and Roswell? No these are worse lol

The only reason I'm watching...is on the remote chance that future WD reference something from these Tales.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The sixth also has few redeeming qualities.

I really hoped they'd have easter eggs at least, but nothing substantial at all. I was really surprised at how ... blah ... they were.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: