TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 13, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through September 13, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 12, 2021 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched the first two episodes of All Creatures Great and Small yesterday. Loved it! I love the characters. It's a very sweet and gentle show. I needed something like in my life at this particular moment.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 12, 2021 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I can't watch All Creature Great and Small for fear of a sad animal storyline...

But I do get the sweet/gentle show... I heard this recommendation today. It's on HBO Max. The series is called A World of Calm. From the description they are very short shows, less than 30 minutes.

https://www.hbomax.com/series/urn:hbo:series:GX23urwuo4MNYwwEAAAPq

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 15, 2021 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Never fear, Cass_cat! I'm the same as you. I cry my eyes out at animal stories and swore I'd never go see another one after watching "My Dog Skip" when I was pregnant (I cried through the whole movie, cried in the bathroom after the movie, cried in the car on the way home and cried in bed that night when I started thinking about the movie!). My hubby swore he'd never take me to another one, too!

But I just finished watching all of All Creatures Great and Small and not a single animal died! There were a few tears, but mostly relating to the relationships among the characters, and mostly happy tears. It was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope you do, too!

And I just looked it up and there will be second season (or "series" as the Brits say). Great show!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, January 17, 2021 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
A new show by the name of Miss Scarlet and the Duke starts tonight. From IMDb...

Eliza Scarlet joins forces with a Scotland Yard Inspector to solve crime in 19th century London.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8270592/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, February 22, 2021 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed All Creatures Great & Small, too. The season one finale aired last night. A caution for the sensitive, however, there is a heartbreaking animal case in one of the episodes.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Calamity, but they didn't really show it. You knew it was happening, but they didn't dwell on it, which I was grateful for. It didn't break my heart like a lot of animal shows do. I wouldn't discourage anyone to watch it. And I cry at TV commercials!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I loved Miss Scarlet and the Duke while the Vet show started interesting but then became boring. There were some good premieres that lasted only one season and I hope they'll bring them back.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
heartbreaking animal case... that's why I won't watch this show...

so much crap and turmoil in world today... the last thing I want to do is watch something that will make me sad. I have a friend that loves watching shows that make her cry... Me? I don't get it... :-)

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Really don’t want to discourage anyone from watching All Creatures..., Babyjaxmom. I did find that one episode quite wrenching & difficult, though. But it didn’t come across as emotionally manipulative to me.

Hope you give it a chance, Cass_cat.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I loved All Creatures, despite that one episode. And I'm a terrible crier, especially when it comes to animals. I can't stand when there's an animal in a movie or a TV show. I'm always afraid something's going to happen to it. One of the reasons I finally stopped watching The Walking Dead was because Daryl got a dog.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I won't watch it... there is sooo much I want to watch that I don't ever see myself going down the All Creatures path... I have no doubt it's a quality show... just not my cup o'tea. :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I tried to watch, but found it kind of boring and my mind wandered. Usually, I like these type of PBS shows..

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 02, 2021 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The recent Great Performances of Romeo & Juliet with Josh O'Connor, Jessie Buckley and a host of other talent was an interesting pared down version of the play. I rather liked it.
I hope to see Jessie Buckley again soon. If you recall, she was one of only three bright spots in the recent, horrible IMO, season of Fargo. Josh O'Conner played Prince Charles on the last season of The Crown.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chicago PBS station WTTW offers a streaming app Passport for $5 monthly / $60 annual donation. There is a lot a lot on it. Wondering if it's only WTTW or other / all PBS stations. Anyone else any place?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I also subscribe to that (same price), and I live in the Greater Sacramento area. The advantage is that when a show starts, you can watch all episodes at once and not have to wait a week to watch the next one. I hate having to wait anymore. Can remember what happened after a week has passed.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I might remember week to week, but year to year after bingeing a season of a show in short order and waiting for next season. Unless it's an exceptional show, it is gone from my gray matter.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 4 of Unforgotten is so much better than last season. Only 1 ep has aired so far in the US, but I downloaded it and I'm on ep 4 (of 6).
In season 4, a body without hands or a head is found at dump inside a freezer. The murder is all somehow connected to a car full of police academy graduates on their way home from their graduation party - many years ago.

eta: I forgot to say Cassie is forced to go back to work even though she isn't quite well. She's only 3 months from retirement, and they are forcing her to work it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I quite like Unforgotten but was waiting for the whole series to air so I could binge watch.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Naja, how did you download Unforgotten? Did you have to pay for the PBS passport?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 18, 2021 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sugar, since the whole season has already aired earlier this year in the UK, it's available at all the places we aren't supposed to post here.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 18, 2021 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Also if you have the PBS passport (it's only $5 per month), you can watch all the episodes at once. I got mine through Amazon.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 18, 2021 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Well, now I am really curious, dont know what all the unmentionable places are, oh well.

I didn't want to pay $60.00 for a membership.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, August 15, 2021 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
No! No! No!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Call the Midwife season 10 starts on PBS on Sunday October 3, 1021.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody else watch Guilt on PBS? We watched most of the first episode last night, but it was just too slapstick and irritating for me. I can't stand when the characters make stupid decisions and make things worse. I don't find it funny, just annoying. Why we don't watch comedies.