TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 19, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 19, 2022 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, LOL! speak for yourself LOL

I bet Deja is pregnant...another storyline I dont give a shit about lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I just saw your post with the Brady reference LOL!! so true!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, and one more thing. Judy Collins singing, "Who Knows Where the Time Goes!" I had that album and sang along to it when I was in high school. So many memories! 🥰

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I got married when I was 19..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Sorry,Juju2bigdog, but if you grew up in the 70s, you were having sex. The pill was legal, and it was the 70s!

Um, that was a senior citizen joke. We were all liberated with the pill and nailing pretty much everything that came along. At age 19 or after for us boomers, must have been when the pill came along. I am just really sorry I didn't make it to San Francisco for The Summer of Love.

And add me in as one who totally missed Deja misleading her parents about where she was going. If so many of us big fans missed it, then the clue was way too subtle.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize that Deja told her parents that she was visiting her girl friend.

Juju, I get you. I understood your comment right away. LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Juju, went right over my head! 🙄 My hubby was born and raised in San Francisco. He was 22 in the Summer of Love. He has some tales! (I was only 12 and going into junior high that year, so I wasn't even aware of Woodstock OR the Summer of Love until afterwards. I grew up in Sacramento, which is sort of San Francisco "adjacent," but still a two-hour drive).

I also missed that Deja told her parents she was going to visit a girlfriend. I thought when Randall mentioned not egging any houses with Tiffany, he was talking to his other daughter. Again, right over my head.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am in my 70's now and don't like to look in the mirror.

A while ago a thirty year old wrote on Facebook that she thinks it is funny when 'old people' talk about drugs.

Watching the old Dragnet shows would let her know that gramma was not drug free. We had LSD. (No I never used it, or any other drug, or had early sex). These youngsters are pikers.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I never really did drugs or alcohol growing up. It just didn’t interest me. When we were growing up, my dad made home brew. Us kids would get a small shot glass of beer every once in awhile. I was 12 or 13 at the time. They also had friends that made wine. Same thing, we would get small shot glasses to taste the homemade wine That would be unheard of today, we probably would have been taken away. When you can have it, sneaking out to drink really had very little appeal. Plus, I lived pretty far away from my friends, so they would go off and party, but I worked a lot after school/weekends and was stuck at home without a ride.

As far as drugs, when I tried pot, I nearly coughed up a lung. Every time I tried it, same thing. So, I was annoying to those who wanted to smoke it. Plus, probably because I always coughed up a lung, I never really got the effect. So, drugs had no appeal, which extended to pills etc.

Anyway, that’s my story of the 70’s. Not too exciting.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This wasn’t one of my favorite episodes but I always love how this show gives us so much to talk about.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Hey Pamy, thanks for noticing my Brady reference. I thought it was rather funny and was a bit disappointed no one had commented on it. So thanks for noticing this Eeyore.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Looks like I'm Bjm's hubby's age. I was invited to San Francisco in or around '69. Didn't go.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 16, 2022 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I Laughed and thought you were spot on, that is exactly how they are treating the other girls!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 16, 2022 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I got your Brady Bunch reference and thought it was very clever. It made me chuckle. I just forgot to mention it in my (already) lengthy post. Thanks for the giggle--and the memory. I used to watch that show!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 16, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I liked the uncomfortable dinner. It seemed like something that could really happen.

Rebecca and Sally were so sweet.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 16, 2022 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sugar your Marcia comment cracked me up, I just forgot to mention it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, January 16, 2022 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Interesting show, intertwining the issues of 4 fathers dealing with their kids. I like how Kevin and Toby are bonding with their problem of being dads that are not around their kids all the time. Toby is the best.
It looks like the smoker may get toaster type of hate soon.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think young Jack said it reminded him of what “blew up” his parents’ marriage, is that right? It was hard to hear. And the scar suggests Toby left him alone close to the smoker and he hurt himself somehow.

I wondered about the timeframe. As he has affection for the smoker (he kept it all those years) and knows how to cook in it, it seems like the break up must be a few years down the line. Or I suppose Toby could have kept the smoker after they broke up.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was his wife that said that, then Jack went silent to another time and place, which we heard, but didn’t see. I was thinking Jack was cooking an awful lot of meat for 2 people!
Kate bugs me. She’s so needy.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed this episode much more than the previous one. I liked how they tied together the four “father stories”. I’ve seen that some fans want to move on from Jack and have the show focus solely on present day and future stories but I enjoyed seeing the family’s early days with him and it was a good message.

I was happy that Randall and Beth took some time to cool off over Deja and take a more measured approach.

I was pretty surprised that Kevin called Cassidy. I wonder if that has any ongoing significance?

I’m finding Kate and her future husband to be pretty annoying and unlikeable at this point. I loved the future scenes with Jack though. Another rogue appliance strikes! It’s comforting to see that Jack is doing so well.

So Jack’s mom died and (per the previews) Jack is delivering a eulogy. Considering it’s the last season, this show is going off on all sorts of tangents.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The tangents usually have a reason behind them. I believe that I read that the ending was pretty much defined by the creator when the series first started. So, he always knows where he’s taking us.
I love seeing original Jack flashbacks and how they impact the current story line. Plus, I’m a huge Milo V. fan.

In the future cabin episodes, we have not seen Kate, Madison, if Kevin is married or not, and Miguel yet. There may be more, but that’s all I can think of right now. And, we see Toby laying prone on his bed, appearing to be in a depressive state. For me, I keep looking for clues about what’s going on there.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I believe that Cassidy is the one that Kevin ends up with in the future.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I have a wish....that TIU would do a series finale similar to what"6 Feet Under" did. They jumped ahead in time to the moment that each one died...and we got to see how their lives ended up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was epic, but too fast! And there has been talk of a possible movie wrap-up in a few years where at least some would be alive, not the older generation for sure.

I enjoyed it.. seeing young Jack on that view property (the view he cannot see) was intereting but I think I missed the father part for him. I'll probably re-watch this episode.

Yes, glad they ramped it down before talking to Deja and it sounded like Beth listened to her, though we didn't get to see that.

Jack's mother died, the Big 3's mother is dying, and yes, maybe Kate dies? I still hold onto liking Kate, but yes, that is wearing mighty thin and her future husband, nope, not liking him at all.

Interesting how all the mothers were not liking the dads "interrupting" the schedule of the kids and I get that but there could be some working out of schedules for dads to be with kids.

When I was a kid, we lived in a white collar house in a blue collar neighborhood. The difference was that other dads came home earlier than did my dad. So we ate dinner later. My mom wasn't about to feed us earlier and wanted us to all eat together, which we did. And that was a good thing for us and for my dad.

I do feel for Kevin, because he IS being sort of shut out and she seems on the hostile side.. she is sure he doesn't love her but he sure tried to respect her wishes and she did get pregnant without that love thing, and he is being present and she is punishing him. IMO