TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 14, 2022 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I tried to watch it live streaming on nbc.com last night, but couldn't even though I watched the season premiere live streaming last week. The live streaming showed just the first episode again. I'll catch it on nbc.com tomorrow.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
This ep sucked! we have waited for a year or more for the big reveal of who was in the car to find out it is Nicky's new love!!?? i could not give 2 shits about him. I didnt think the dinner thing was realistic either. I cringed at the Deja scenes. when there are only a few eps left and you waste an hour on this it pisses me off.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Maybe they are wrapping up these storylines so that they can now focus on the main players in the last episodes.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Pamy tell us how you really feel

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
ROTFL glad you’re not holding back there, Pamy. I was a bit relieved to see your and Sugar’s posts as for a while there you all had me doubting what I saw. There were so many things in this episode that didn’t work for me.

Even from my perspective as someone who really likes Nicky and is interested in his story and wants to see good things for him, I still found that reveal (where she gets out of the car) pretty disappointing and unexciting. It’s nice but so what.

The Deja and Malik story was a whole lot of nothing as well. I had no pressing desire to see that play out.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So interesting to see how we felt differently. For me, it was uplifting, and I could use that right now.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
(((kar))))

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just love looking in on the various members of the extended family to understand their characters. I’m just wondering about Randall’s 2 daughters. They are hardly on the show anymore.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yep, I see both Tess and Annie as Jan whilst the bemoan, Deja, Deja, Deja. There has been way too much Deja IMO.
I remain disappointed in both of these final season episodes.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I just got a chance to watch it and I thought it was one of the best episodes of the entire show. "This is Us" and this episode really encapsulated "us" for me. I didn't pick up my phone to check it one time during the episode, I was sucked in.

However, I did say to the others watching with me that this episode was going to have a love/hate relationship with viewers so I'm not surprised at all that some didn't like it at all. I can actually see why.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Scooter and Jimmer!

I still cant get that icky feeling of watching teens having sex. They tried to make it beautiful but it was icky watching kids you watched grow up do the deed. They could have just alluded to the fact they did it and not made it so cringy

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
WARNING: SWALLOW COFFEE NOW!!!

Pamy, none of us here had sex as teens, which is why it is so difficult to witness.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Let’s just say that if I had to pick a topic that half of a final season episode would be devoted to, Deja and Malik’s first time would not be high on my list.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well... I enjoyed the ep, especially Nicky's storyline conclusion.

I agree Deja's sisters are underused tho.

At this point I'm most curious to see Rebecca's and Kate's stories play out.

Miguel, is surprisingly turning out to be one of my favourite characters. We all need a stalwart Miguel in our lives. Quiet and calm, wise, loyal, loving and supportive. Kinda like my DH. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't want to see Kate's story. I wanted her and Toby to last. So... (sorry, just whining here, I think Toby is MUCH more likable than the new boss).

And yes, I want a Miguel!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kar, FWIW, Toby was my fave character in the 1st season. :-)

(And MY 'Miguel' (DH) is far from perfect, he has the proverbial Italian temper, and I tease him that his favourite hobby is yelling at me, which I've learned to tune-out. 😄)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like them all... except Toby! Or at least except old Toby, now he's okay but when we first saw him he was very underhandedly controlling under the guise of niceness.

I expect we won't see much more of Nicky's story now, this was to give him a good ending while things play out with the others.

I must have blacked out the Deja bedroom scenes as I don't remember them, my brain is kind to me sometmes :-). I really like her story so don't mind seeing her at all, although really if Randall is surprised she slept with Malik while alone together in his house for a weekend he is incredibly naive.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't see first season Toby as controlling. He is a big gesture kind of guy and very similar to Jack in that sense, though I suppose that Jack could be seen as controlling as well.

I've always liked Miguel from the very beginning. A fiercely loyal person who cares about others. He loved Jack almost as much as Rebecca loved Jack.

Miguel is a very underappreciated character, both by fans and other characters on the show. He has been nothing but wonderful to Rebecca and her family.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Randall thought she was going to visit her friend, Tiffany. He didn’t know she was going to visit Malik. Although,I think his oldest daughter knew because of a look she gave Deja when Randall said to have fun visiting Tiffany.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kookli, that went over my head. Certainly puts a different spin on the situation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ohh, I missed that part as well. I mean we knew who she was visiting and I missed that this was a secret. And in the days before cell phones that rat you out, it could have remained a secret.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! Toby is so much more likeable than the new boss. The way he inintially treated Kate, the way he was dismissing his girlfriend from his life.. that made me want him to be written off the show.

Heck if Kate had to lose or boot Toby, I'd rather she went with that next door neighbor guy But I like Toby.

And Miguel has become a favorite for me.

Kitt, we might see more of Nicky, as he will be possibly around while Kevin is buildig the house for Rebecca i Pennsylvania, where,it seems she will live out her life. I kind of hopw we see more of Nicky. It was nice to see how his demeanor had shifted after THE DINNER and he was downright flirty on the plane..

I'm re-reading the entire thread and I'd say certain people have always been outspoken. But it really is interesting to see the discussions as we navigated the seasons.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh I missed that, thanks Kooklie! That explains it.

I'd certainly like to see more Nicky, at least here and there. I don't think he needs another big story when there are so many other things to wrap up.

16 more episodes but I know they'll go by really quickly.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heck if Kate had to lose or boot Toby, I'd rather she went with that next door neighbor guy But I like Toby.

I agree! Couples go thru hard times. As long as there isn't abuse, I tend to want them to stick it out. Especially if there are children involved.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, none of us here had sex as teens, which is why it is so difficult to witness.

Sorry,Juju2bigdog, but if you grew up in the 70s, you were having sex. The pill was legal, and it was the 70s! Admittedly my BFF and I bemoaned the fact that we were "the last virgins on earth," but many of my friends and classmates were definitely having sex. I met my first serious boyfriend at 19 and went on the pill pretty soon after.

Deja is not my favorite character, but she did remind me of traveling down Highway 101 in my 1975 VW Beetle to visit my college boyfriend, who went to school in Santa Barbara. Those were magical days. Thank goodness we didn't have to actually witness Deja and Malik consummating the act. That would have been definitely icky.

Rebecca catching her reflection in the side mirror of the car nearly broke my heart. I'm 66 and used to enjoy a lot of power over the boys. It makes me sad to catch my reflection in the mirror these days, after the initial response of, "Who the hell is that?!" I don't look like me anymore.

That was an awkward dinner, but I did love the way Rebecca and Sally hit it off and were old friends right off the bat. And Miguel is a treasure! My grandma outlived two husbands and I remember hearing her say each of them was a gem. They were both good men.

Also loved the ending with Nicky meeting the flight attendant. Yay, Nicky! He deserves someone nice in his life.

All of you who hated this episode, I just have to say I absolutely disagree with your opinion (thought you're entitled to it). I loved so many things about this episode. It wasn't all perfect, but most of it was sweet and heart-warming, as usual for this show.