TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 12, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 12, 2022 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow, Scooter! How traumatic!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was in photography club after school (it was about 4.30pm in my timezone), my dad was waiting to pick me up outside and he'd been listening to the radio. He told me Challenger had blown up, turned the radio off, and we drove home unable to comment. It must have only just happened before I got in the car.

I went to Cape Canaveral in 1992 and it was very surreal there, they had lots of memorabilia about it without mentioning what happened. Like you were all meant to know (which everyone did) but not talk about it.

I didn't realise how involved children would be in the US, with teacher Christa McAuliffe being onboard and it being a very school related thing. Must have been just terrible.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember watching and they showed people watching the launch in person and seeing people realize something went wrong and thinking there were families there who were just watching as a loved one died.

After, they knew not to show that part of the footage so much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for Kevin, too.

With Alzheimer's and with it being early but the person being aware and with MRI evidence of this the word is not the issue, it is the forgetting and knowing that this is not just regular forgetting, so saying Google it would not be helpful for them. But yes, we were all saying "caboose".

Knowing what we know about the final outcome, yes it was nice that Kate's boss called her to hear the kids sing, but listening to the way he dismissed his current girlfriend, and in front of Kate, I sure did not like him at all.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think Kate's boss may have the hots for Kate.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, The final episode last season ended with the family at the wedding of Kate to her boss.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Sanfran, The final episode last season ended with the family at the wedding of Kate to her boss."

Really? Oops, I seem to be forgetting scenes of TV shows lately....

Then again, I try not to believe teasers edited into the season finale of This is Us. They trick us every time. Maybe I forgot it on purpose...? :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, we cannot trust the writers on this show.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I didn't really care for this episode and the whole Challenger story line. I did like the parts with Rebecca and the red caboose, I think it actually advanced her story.
I am not looking too forward to next week with what appears to be another Deja heavy episode. I think Deja has sucked a lot of life out of the show.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I saw something where Chrissy Metz indicated there would be 2 character deaths or leavings. I'm wondering if Miguel is one of them as I recall Nick at Rebecca's bedside not Miguel I think it was the season ending 2 years ago.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have to compliment Mandy Moor's acting.

She plays Rebecca extremely well at so many different ages.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Miguel actor is also a director of producer..I guess he could kill himself off.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
WOW! Was that a dinner or what??!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
A nice little episode. Love that Nicky’s story has a happy ending.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Found it so heartwarming. The interaction between Sally and Rebecca was great and had life gone differently they probably would have been great friends. The discussion about aging and sweating the small stuff was spot on and I could relate being part of the over 60 crowd.
Happy too that Nicky will get his happy ending and find love. I have such a soft spot for that character.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t like being a downer because I immensely enjoy the series overall but I just didn’t find this episode very interesting and a bit of a letdown.

I like Deja and I greatly enjoyed their first date where he took her on the tour of Philadelphia. However, this whole thing culminating in them having sex was just kind of boring and uncomfortable to watch.

Similarly, while I love Nicky, the whole meeting with Sally was uncomfortable and having him then meet some random person on the flight back and that random person being the mysterious individual that viewers have speculated about for years was just disappointing to me.

Someone elsewhere asked where Sally’s husband disappeared to after the dinner and another person suggested that he was probably drinking bourbon and staring at his deck.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
agree Snoopsmom! Loved Sally & Rebecca together. Happy for Nicky to put that part of his life to rest.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
should have named the episode Guess Who's Coming to Dinner...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The dinner was great (yes, unlikely), and Nicky got his happy ending. In the end, after all the years as a loner, he got to be part of the complicated family his brother started. Had he not flown to California and then back, he would not have met the flight attendant, who probably was based on Pennsylvania, where he lived.

So Kevin will go to build the house where Rebecca will die, Nicky is involved in that, This move means that Kevin loses the day to day with his twins.

Kate married the boss at the school but we have not seen them at the end. We do see Toby.

Randall is there.. Beth is ? Tess is pregnant?

I liked seeing Miguel and Rebecca having fun .

I didn't think that the outcome of Deja's trip was all that surprising. She gets busted next episode.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sally's husband probably disappeared into his TV room that Sally talked about.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Deja's first experience was meant to juxtapose with Nicky's? Isn't that how these episodes usually run - similar themes throughout the characters?

I went in expecting not to like this episode and ended up pleasantly surprised.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Anytime Griffin Dunne (Nicky) is on the show, I’m happy. You could tell that once Nicky put his unrequited love behind him,he was open to a new relationship. He seemed like a completely different person on the plane.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think this is one of my more favorite episodes thinking of last season too as much as I can remember.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I loved when Miguel talked about his hair at dinner. He had lost, like 7, strands of hair over the past 10 years… and yet, he was worried about losing his hair. When Nicky said ‘ you do have a good head of hair’ ( or something like that), well, I just laughed out loud.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Jimmer, I found this episode to be a yawn and overall waste of the scarce remaining episodes for the series.
The few tidbits that may have been interesting or propel the series narrative would have taken 15 minutes and left plenty of time for a more engaging storyline.