TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 25, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: Archive through September 25, 2021 users admin

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I think they look at more than just political leaning when casting. Whoopi is an actress, Joy is a comedian, Sunni is an attorney, Sara is news/pop culture, and then a political pundit which is usually conservative. I think over the years it has become more political than it was in the beginning, much like most of life.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think we learned from Nicolle Wallace that they all need to be fluent pop culturese. (I made that phrase up). Nicolle has talked a few times on her MSNBC show about how she was fired for not having knowledge of, or keeping up with, pop culture.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, July 04, 2021 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Mame was having some trouble posting the link to the Ana Navarro article here so she asked if I could do it. So here it is. :-)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/biden-camp-taps-republican-trump-foe-ana-navarro-rev-latino-n1236063

06-29-2002

Monday, July 05, 2021 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
This thread is for discussing the view only, not general politics.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, July 05, 2021 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I don't think Meg's personality clicked well for a TV audience.

The show needs strong/clever personalities.

I am not a fan of the others.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 05, 2021 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Jimmer! :-)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think it's time for them to add a few new politically minded people.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the link Jimmer/Mame.Maybe The View will pick a better representative than Ana for Republicans and it’s ever increasing base of Hispanics. I see Ana has made the blogger rounds today for making her “fellow” conservatives angry again.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, July 28, 2021 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Even though our country splits the Presidential vote in two parties, there is a vast middle set of voters who are not represented by either side.

Fiscally conservative who want smaller government, personal responsibility, economic prosperity.

And, socially liberal, supports LGBTQ+, pro-choice, people being their authentic selves and caring for those who need help.

There is a huge group in the middle who fall into this segment. I can't think of anyone on The View who has represented the topics for this middle group of people. Do The View hosts all have to be partisan? Can our world exist without partisan disagreement? Can we all just get along?

I don't know but I can't watch The View because I'm trying to maintain my blood pressure and what frustrates me isn't the individual viewpoints that disagree but rather how they disagree and how they behave towards each other. I'm aging so I don't enjoy the drama as much as I did when I was younger. I don't want to be able to tell what each host's political party is when I'm watching. I actually want them to surprise me sometimes.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 28, 2021 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree, I don’t want to know any entertainers political affiliation. I liked The View better when it was like that. When Meredith Viera was on. I feel like McCain is that middle person you describe. She’s a fiscal conservative but certainly champions our LGBTQ community. I’m not sure what her stance is on immigration bc I rarely watch The View. Seems they should be naming a replacement before the new season. I hope it’s somebody entirely new and not the obvious choice of “ conservative” Ana Navarro.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 01, 2021 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It looks like there's going to be a revolving door of Republicans until they pick Meghan's replacement. The ladies are back next week. The day after Labor Day.

"ABC’s daytime panel show The View will be “taking a little time” to find a permanent replacement for co-host Meghan McCain, and has scheduled a rotating roster of guest co-hosts for its upcoming 25th season, according to executive producer Brian Teta.

Among those confirmed are former Utah congresswoman Mia Love (who will co-host for premiere week), former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former HP CEO Carly Fiorina, former Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson, and cable news regulars S.E. Cupp, Eboni K. Williams, Alyssa Farah, Mary Katherine Ham, and Cameran Eubanks."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/the-view..../

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 01, 2021 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seems like a decent line up, better than someone like Navarro or Jenifer Rubins that claim to be Republican. I don’t know Alyssa Farah.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, September 05, 2021 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
they do sound better

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 2:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
The View 25th season premiere was outstanding!

Everyone looked great and re-energised. It was so very good with excellent bantering between the co-hosts. Whoopi, Joy, Sunny and Sara were able to disagree and present their points of view in an intelligent, respectful way.

So relaxed. No tension. No negativity. No childish rants. So refreshing!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yes, Strategist, it was very enjoyable. Today's show was good as well with Mia Love as co-host.
One could get picky - voice a bit loud, etc. - but that's to be expected the first day in a new situation. I so agree with her thoughts on empowering women as opposed to the need to control them. And as Whoopi said, she's a nice person.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed today's show as well.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Another enjoyable show with adults being at the table. Mia Love ended her short guest stint as co-host and tomorrow they will have Ana Navarro and Star Jones join in at the table.

What was really fun today was seeing the interview with Simu Liu, the latest star in the Marvel Franchise, Shang-Chi. It's great to see him get this recognition and success after having enjoyed him on Kim's Inconvenience.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 2:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m sure there will be some hard hitting questions today for Harris.I’m sure CNN Republican ( air quotes) Anna Navarro will ask the questions that Joy and Sunni won’t. I kid, I kid. This is why we need McCain so we can hear another”View”.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ana is such a breath of fresh air with her honesty and her ability to discuss a topic without having tantrums. It's not going to be an easy interview with Harris today.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Ana Navarro and Sunny Hosten tested positive for COVID and were whisked away so that Vice President Kamala Harris would not be compromised.

So glad that both Ana and Sunny are fully vaccinated. This might be a good opportunity for all the anti-vaxxers to see why it's important to be vaccinated. Neither of them are sick and not likely to die.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It doesn't air here for a few more minutes, but they already reported on the news that minutes before the show, Ana and Sunny had to leave the stage because they tested positive for covid, and Kamala did the interview remotely from a different room.

eta: haha I was typing slow and you got to it before me, Strategist :-)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
The were actually pulled off during the show and On air. Vice President Kamala Harris was only there for the last ten minutes, unfortunately.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wonder if one is less likely to have breakthrough covid if they get the booster? I also wonder which vaccine Anna and Sunni have had? I got Moderna.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
A lot of unnecessary drama at the beginning. So all she had was about 5 minutes and mostly what she talked about was the media propaganda about” whips” being used at the border. Did no one tell her that had already been debunked? Yep, I think I’ll go back to not watching.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Apparently, Ana Navarro and Sunny Hosten were tested twice again and the first one was a false positive.

@brianstelter
Here's @AnaNavarro on @AC360 confirming that she has now tested negative for Covid, twice, since that initial positive result caused chaos on
@TheView this morning. She is waiting on another test result...

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1441564226271817732