TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 25, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 25, 2021 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 1:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, that’s the music teacher. Madison is Kate’s best friend, so I took it to mean that she and Kevin just stayed friends (and co-parents).

I wish I could remember who we’ve seen in the future doing what!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just did a bit of googling and in the main future scene they called Toby to ask him to come, and he said he didn’t know if he would be welcome. Also he wasn’t wearing a wedding ring.

And we still haven’t seen Kate. Perhaps they couldn’t do that until they cast her new husband.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I also think Madison and Kevin end up together.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
I think Madison and Kevin will be together too, but I think they will end up with a small, low key wedding. I have zero interest in Sophie returning so I really hope it doesn't go that way.

I wonder how far into the future we jumped with that.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think someone made a reference about being 45 so not too far into the future. The other thing of note is Rebecca wasn’t there with Kate was she? Also Uncle Nicky is married!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Didn't they celebrate their 30th birthdays in episode one?

I guess Kevin doesn't love Madison. He couldn't say it to her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't think Kevin and Madison are together in the future. I missed Nicky being married.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
When Kevin went into the bride's room he mentioned being 45 years old, so that was about 5 years in the future.
Dogdoc, at the start of the season they were celebrating their 40th birthday.
They have soooo much to wrap up next season! It's going to be an intense, and emotional season.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you snoopsmom.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
It's four years in the future, as an opened edition of The New Yorker features a photo and article about Randall, headlined "Rising Star," and it appears lovelorn Uncle Nicky (Griffin Dunne) is now married.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/05/25/this-us-season-5-finale-kevin-pearson-wedding-twist/7432521002/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Was that lady from the vet's office (in the 1960s flashbacks) Sally? I'm guessing that will be Nicky's wife.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Lots of good discussion here!

Kevin did say something about being 45, so I took that future scene to be 5 years ahead. Also, when Kevin is in the hotel room's bathroom where he's practicing his speech while looking into the mirror, I saw how when the camera panned, there was women's toiletries and make up on the bathroom counter space. And when Kevin went into the room to grab his jacket out of the closet, the left side of the closet was filled with colorful women's clothing. Oh, and the camera also panned over a chair near the closet that had women's clothing laying over it with a dusty rose bra laying right on top of all the clothing. So, I'm thinking those items belong to Madison.

I look forward to the season finale and I'll have 2 boxes of Kleenex nearby.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow those are good observations, Egbok!

I think that the likely supposition is that Uncle Nicky reconnected with his past love.

The idea of Kate getting married again is a rather odd hook for fans (or at least for this fan, anyway). I don't particularly want to watch Kate and Toby's marriage fall apart.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Wow! That was a very good season finale. I was wondering throughout why would Kevin use such a stupid mocking voice when reciting his vows. I was clueless until near the end! Next season will be really exciting.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I was having fits when Beth was altering Tess's dress. Did it bother anyone else? The day was about Madison and Kevin, not the bridesmaids. So what if the dress didn't suit her? I know many, many bridesmaids have been stuck buying and wearing a dress they would never have chosen for themselves. It's what the bride wanted for her wedding and her pictures.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I agree. I dont want to watch more Kate storylines period.

I love that Nicky gets married! I think Kevin ends up with Sophie and Madison ends up with someone else that is head over heels with her

I was ok with the bridesmaid dress until i saw the finished product! yelck! I thought she would make the dress part into pants but to add a black t shirt and I dont know what the heck she did to the bottom

Mak, I thought the same thing and justified it in my mind that Madison said it was fine to change it LOL

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Well, what an episode.
Not surprised Kate & Toby don't make it. Wonder who Kevin ends up with and what is Randall's big achievement?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm sad for Kate and Toby...
I am still Team Kev and Madison and think they will have a small, meaningful wedding, in a year or two, as they allow their relationship to bloom more.
I remember when Obama first hit the spotlight, he was also presented as a rising star, so maybe Randall makes a run for President or... becomes a media darling with his own political CNN-type show. ;)

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Since I had missed some of these observations, I just watched the ending again. The makeup bag in the bathroom where Kevin is says “Madison” on it, so assuming they are at least sharing a room. Also, the napkin that Kevin has his notes on says “Big Three Hotels”, so apparently one/all of them open a hotel(s). Had we heard that in previous clues?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If I recall correctly, the first episode of every season has something around the big 3 birthdays. So, we’ll see what next season brings. I may watch the end of last nights episode again for more clues.

I think Kevin is already in love with Madison, but just doesn’t know it yet.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Damn! What a finale! I never saw that coming, although the Kate-Toby vibes have been off since the very beginning.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Bbpeach, the piece of paper said "Big Three Homes", not Hotels. That was what Jack wanted to name his own construction company in the flashbacks.
I couldn't read a name on the make up bag, it went by too fast and was too small.
I did notice that when Madison was trying to push 45 year old Kevin out of the bride's room she said, "I told you 12 times this morning, no boys allowed.". I take that to mean they were together in the morning and likely sharing the hotel room.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That’s what I thought I saw too, Snoops. I was wondering if Kevin stopped acting and went into the construction business after building Rebecca her home on the their property. Jack always wanted his own construction business in flashbacks. It kind of closes a loop.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 04, 2021 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Info about the coming last season.

Link

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Back Jan 4th... trailer in the link:

https://tvline.com/2021/11/25/this-is-us-trailer-final-season-6-video-nbc/