TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through September 17, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 09, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I do, but I thought it was a subscription service. We hate ads, so not sure I'll be able to get DH to watch. He even complains about the stupid promos Amazon puts at the beginnings of some of their shows. Currently they're shilling "Cinderella," which comes out in Sept. I might watch it, but DH would die first.

Rissa, we watched every season of Harrow on Hulu. We loved it. Great cast, some twists and turns we didn't see coming and we love the Australian location. Can't wait for the next season! May be released in early 2022.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, August 14, 2021 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I want to second Mamie’s post above regarding the Val Kilmer documentary. I enjoyed it as well. 👍

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, August 15, 2021 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Val as well. It was very touching to hear his son narrating for him.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, August 16, 2021 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was very disappointed in the new season of Modern Love. It lacked the warmth of the first season with only a couple of episodes that I liked.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just watched "Nine Perfect Strangers". A little confused though as it didn't seem to end, was only 3 episodes. Will there be more episodes released weekly?

I enjoyed the location shots and Melissa McCarthy. It is interesting enough to have me burn through the 3 episodes but now I want a conclusion.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Miz, there are 8 episodes. #4 will be released this Wednesday and then once a week until conclusion.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Miz, the final episode is on Sept. 22nd. We're waiting to watch the whole thing once all episodes have dropped. To confusing to try to remember all the details from week to week at our age! 😉

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Oh, ok....thanks Rissa and Babyjaxmom.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How was it?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Documentary Val about Val Kilmer is excellent. He's accepted his life as it is now. Certainly not what is was.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 07, 2021 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've been watching Tin Star on Amazon Prime for the past few nights. Very dark, but fascinating. Not for the faint of heart, but it really takes twists and turns you're not expecting. Tim Roth is excellent, as are most of the rest of the cast.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We really liked that one, too, Babyjaxmom.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
September 24 is Season 4 of Goliath (which I hope is better than season 3).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Another thing about Tin Star that I find amusing is that it's filmed in the same Alberta town as Heartland, which is a polar opposite type of show (sweet and heartwarming, rather than edgy and tense). Besides recognizing locations I've seen on Heartland, they occasionally hire actors from the other show. It was especially jarring to see Shaun Johnston (Grandpa Jack on Heartland) pop up as a rougher character in a bit part on Tin Star. 😁

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have two days to spend $9.50 in digital dollars for they expire and I can't find anything! I was hoping for another one of those UK Murder-Mystery series, but I can't find one that I either haven't seen, or can see free.

Any suggestions for a pay one?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Naja, can't help you there.

Is anybody else watching Tin Star? We finished season 2, and I Googled it to find out if there's a season 3. There is and it's supposed to be on Amazon, but it's not. They have season 3 on DVD (who buys those anymore?!), but it's not available on streaming. Any ideas?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Naja, not sure what’s available for you but I started watching A Discovery of Witches (starring Mathew Goode) last week. I am enjoying it, my husband is over the top. He binged two seasons in 4 days. I would describe it as Outlander with witches, vampires and demons). Lol.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Naja, maybe Keeping Faith with Eve Myles? The 1st season was free, which is why I have only seen season 1. Grr, I hate it when that happens.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's a GREAT idea! I have already watched season 1 and, like you, I stopped because I didn't want to pay. Season 2 is $13.99, but I supposed I can fork up 4.51.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Cool.
I was also going to suggest Line of Duty, overall I think it is a great series despite a few ridiculous bits. I haven't rewatched an old series called Wire in the Blood but I seem to recall it being well done but a bit grisly at the time.

If you are a David Tennet fan, see if you can find Des, he plays serial killer Dennis Nilson, I've read it was very good, or a dark comedyThere She Goes.
I would pay good money to watch him read an old phone book.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I have dropped the "Keeping the Faith" idea and now I am going for "Des". That is my kind of show. There's a good chance "Wire in the Blood" will be next.

Those are awesome suggestions, Sugar. Thanks.

Rissa, I saw season one of the witches show on regular TV and then I dropped it for some reason. I'll have to check it out again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Des was only 7.99 so I didn't have to cough up any of my own cash :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Glad to help Naja. Let me know if you liked Des, I think I may rent it this weekend.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 16, 2021 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Naja, did you watch Des?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 17, 2021 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I liked it, but it seemed a little slow at times. I was glad they wrapped it up in 3 eps.