TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 19, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hulu Original Shows: Archive through August 19, 2021 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Little Fires Everywhere is a must see!

EMMY® NOMINATED Starring Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington, Little Fires Everywhere follows the intertwined fates of the picture-perfect Richardson family and an enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. Based on Celeste Ng’s 2017 bestseller, the story explores the weight of secrets, the nature of art and identity, the ferocious pull of motherhood – and the danger in believing that following the rules can avert disaster.

https://www.hulu.com/series/little-fires-everywhere..../

In less words, it's about a cash strapped mother and her teenage daughter renting a house from a rich family that has a troubled teenage daughter, and other kids that are "perfect". Tension starts to build between the two mothers and mystery and tragedy ensues.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Every single episode was just delicious. I only wish Reese Witherspoon could have been in every scene. I read and loved the book -- this adaptation was actually much better than the book!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
putting it on my list!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Watched the show and read the book both. Reese Witherspoon was delightfully bitchy in this show. Kerry Washington was great. Wonderful performances. Ate it up quickly!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 31, 2020 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the acting was fantastic! I just felt depressed at the end. I felt I needed one more ep to see some happiness.

I thought all of the teen actors were soooo good. I bet they all have great careers ahead of them!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am simply loving the 10 ep series Four Weddings and Funeral.
It's pretty neat that they even found a part for Andie MacDowell who was in the movie version.

It's from 2019, but I had never seen it until this week.

https://www.hulu.com/series/four-weddings-and-a-funeral-2e17b3b3-cadf-41ee-b8a2-59fe64c17f67

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I forgot to say the star of the show is the same actress that played Missandei on Game of thrones.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That was a sweet enjoyable show, Naja.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I started into Monsterland. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this. It is a series of stories and I got through the first two and was so depressed. UGH. The second story really got to me and the teenage boy who played the part deserves an Emmy. I looked him up and his name is Charlie Tahan. If you like horror. this is for you. It feels more psychological horror, at least the first two do. Growing up with a very mentally ill mother may have been why it really pushed my buttons. I may try to catch the next episode. In the broad daylight.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Another Hulu original I highly recommend is "The Great". Fabulous.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Handmaid's Tale returns 4/28 :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 28, 2021 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
HI KL!!! xoxoxo

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Just got HULU yesterday and I'm like a kid in a candy shop.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
NOMADLAND is now on Hulu.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OG, the thing I love about Hulu is that you can watch TV shows the day after they've aired without commercials (ABC, NBC and Fox--for CBS you have to have Paramount+ to watch without commercials). But then we pay extra for no commercials.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Couldn't wade through NOMADLAND. It was akin to watching paint dry.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We absolutely loved Nomadland. It was fascinating, yet poignant and at times funny. It was actually more of a documentary that was fictionalized. Almost all of the people in it (aside from the big stars) are real people displaying their real lives. Some people choose the nomad lifestyle, while some just fall into out of the necessity to travel for itinerant work. It was heartbreaking and beautiful. Frances McDormand won an Oscar for it.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I canceled Hulu after watching the last episode of Handmaid's Tale and will re-subscribe when the next season starts.
Decided to watch Nomadland today, but it didn't hold my interest. Fell asleep about halfway through, and woke up to the credits rolling.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 18, 2021 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
McCartney 321 is really entertaining. Just to hear him talk about how the songs came about, tell stories of the Beatles, it's fabulous. And he will always be as cute as a button.

Yayadeb

08-12-2021

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yayadeb a private message Print Post    
Has anybody watched Nine Perfect Strangers? I have watched 2 out of 3 episodes that have been released, and I’m intrigued. I could stare at Nicole Kidman all day. I think she is stunning. They are starting to get into each character’s story. I have never seen Melissa McCarthy (love her) in any serious roles, although I know she has done some. She is tortured in this role and is so good.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Yaya, I just heard about it and plan to start it tonite. I also could watch Nicole all day. Her voice is so soothing. I would love her to read me a bedtime story :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL so much for her soothing voice. The Russian accent isnt working for me.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 1:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I’m watching. I haven’t read the book so it’s a new story for me. I’ve watched the first two episodes so far. Yes, Nicole’s accent takes a bit to used to. Lol

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have read the book so I am interested to see if it is mostly the same story. I enjoyed it so far. I think they have picked a great cast. Michael Shannon had me sobbing with his scene at the dinner talking about Leviticus.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We're gonna wait till all episodes have dropped (last one comes out Sept. 22nd), and then binge them all. We've gotten so used to streaming that we can't wait a week in between episodes. Plus when you get a little (ahem) older, it's hard to remember all the details of the previous week.