TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through October 20, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved Midnight Mass. Reminded me so much of a Stephen King story. It was well cast, well acted and well done. The final episode was devastating (in a kind of good way).

DS, who never watches TV anymore (it's all YouTube and video games), told me this morning that he wants to watch Squid Game. We already had this on our list, but it's always fun to be able to include him if it's something he's interested in. I think the last network show he watched with us was Grimm (still miss that one).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't usually scream out loud...But there is a part in Midnight Mass which happens so quick...and with surround sound effects...I actually ducked and muffled a scream.

My husband found it "slow moving". I'm all about "building the characters". But we both concurred that the last episodes...the last scenes...are so completely worth the journey.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
loved Squid game, wanted different ending though

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I absolutely LOVED the scene in the last episode where everybody is standing outside the burned out church and the mom starts singing "Nearer My God to Thee" and the rest of the congregation joins in--in harmony. Very beautiful and moving scene.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I reluctantly confess that I enjoyed Squid Game due to the interesting premise and a main character that I could cheer for despite his various failings. However, I thought that the dubbing and voice acting was pretty bad.

LOL I read somewhere that the dubbing into other languages was even worse. For example, for one language they replaced all the various expletives in every situation with the same expression like "scumbag!"

The ending (with a very mild spoiler) ....
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Well I found it a bit unsatisfying. They certainly have the potential for a sequal.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I agree with you
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
and i think they could continue with the main character going back to take them down OR....it could be like survivor and we have another season set in another country with new players

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Jimmer and Pamy, feel the same as you both. The ending was a bit of a letdown, but I still would recommend watching Squid Game. It had a lot of violence, but there were so many surprising and tense moments that just kept you watching.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just started season 3 of YOU. I am bored, anyone watching? does it get better?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s a coincidence but I was just looking around Netflix and happened upon YOU and I was wondering if it’s any good?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I LOVE YOU. It starts out slow moving. But I love dark, intense and deeply psychologically twisted plots with continual literary and latest trend references. This series isn't for everyone. My husband is not fond of it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that sounds good. I bet my DD would love it. She loves psychology.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We happen to be watching season 3 right now. I could binge watch the whole season. Hubby needs a break in between lol.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well to be sure this is twisted tortured psychology LOL

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
YOU is amazing!!!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I thought the dubbing in Squid Game awful as well. They made the lead sound like a surfer dude. I preferred watching in Korean with subtitles. So much better!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved the first 2 seasons of YOU. I am wanting to know if season 3 starts slow but gets better???? I havent even finished the first ep and I am not loving it

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well, I would say...if you watched to the end of the 1st episode...it moves along...lol

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I'm with you. I was so excited season 3 was finally coming out. Liked season 2, loved season 1. Turned on the 1st episode of season 3, found myself not paying attention and only watched about half of it. Think I might watch the last episode of season 2 again, then move into season 3.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am in the 2nd ep of You and it got a little better but I think I can guess how the season will go

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched Squid game in Korean and just read the subtitles. I can only imagine how awful the dubbing was.

I started season 3 of You. Of course it's not going to be as fresh or charming(?) as the first season, but so far it is keeping my attention.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm on ep 3 and I cant wait for them to start killing all the people in this town! lol

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Im on episode 4 of YOU and Im loving it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Locke and Key is coming back for 2nd season October 22. It's sort of a dark The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

It's about a family that after the mysterious murder of their father, move to their ancestral house, Keyhouse. They discover that the house is full of magical keys that they think are connected with their father's death.

When we were going through last year's stay at home. I watched this and Stranger Things. Also quite good.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I loved season one of Locke and Key, and will be excited to see the new season!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Me too! I needed something to replace The Magicians!