TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): Archive through October 28, 2021 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" is back !!!!

Sunday, October 24 on HBO

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hightown season 2 starts tonight on STARZ! I had no idea until just this minute! I love this show!

If you haven't seen it, here's IMDB the synopsis.

"Set in the world of beautiful but bleak Cape Cod, one woman's journey to sobriety is overshadowed by a murder investigation dragging her into its fold. ".

But really it's about a hard partying gorgeous gay woman who is a National Marine Fisheries Service Agent in Provincetown, Massachusetts. She gets mixed up in solving a murders and trying to clean up her own act.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like the rebooting of "The 4400" starts tonight, Monday, Oct 25, 2021.

They dropped the "The" in the title so it's just "4400". It airs on the CW.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9319770/

Not sure what I think abut this. I generally avoid reboots...and after reading the article in the TV guide, it sounds so much like the original, I wonder if it'll be worth the trouble. As I recall, the original one ("The 4400" got disjointed and complicated after the second or 3rd season. (You know what I mean...sort of like "The Blacklist" or "Manifest" did.) IIRC, a couple of the main characters on The 4400 left the show and they added some new ones and it just felt like a different show...then it was canceled.

Anyhow, it starts tonight so I'll check it out. Looking at the photos of the cast (at the link above) it seems that at least half of the cast (all unknowns to me), are POC.

Who knows? Maybe it'll be better than it's namesake!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm giving it a try too. I was trying to remember The 4400, but all I remember is that main star with the long name, and that it was really good for a bit and then went wrong, then was cancelled.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ive never heard of the 4400! Sounds interesting.

Has anyone watched the new Wonder Years? I was reluctant because the original I hold so dear to my heart. It just touched me so much. This new show is really well done and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's given me a different and new perspective of that time and it has its moving moments too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like the new Wonder Years. Sweet kids and interesting adult things I didn't know, like the parties with I guess what at the time was considered dirty dancing, as the kids weren't meant to know about it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched the premiere of the 4400 remake. I liked it.. will continue watching.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too! I can't remember what happened in the original, but maybe that's a good thing, as I am intrigued with this one.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well I watched Queens even though I can't follow rap, My mind cant keep up with how fast they speak. I think it might have too much drama for me.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well crap, I’m just now seeing that The Impeachment show has been on since Sept. Has it been any good?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have it recorded but I haven’t found the motivation to watch it yet.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's very good. Sarah Paulson is such a chameleon as an actress.

Since Monica Lewinsky is a producer, it has some insights we were not privy to before. I did not read her book. This offers a deeper delve in to the characters and lives of those involved. It paints Paula Jones and Linda Tripp in a different light than was portrayed in the media of course.

I read that Linda Tripp's daughter said that she thinks her mom would "be blown away". The daughter was happy Sarah Paulson "captured the loyalty and integrity" that her mom possessed. It told her side of the story.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yea the media gave those women a raw deal, I guess they’ve always been biased. I wish I had recorded it. I suppose there is some way I can watch it. Streaming, maybe?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Impeachment is fantastic!!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lakecat. I think it is on Hulu

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh it’s good? I was very close to deleting it without watching but I’ll probably give it a look now.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Stupid question, I haven’t streamed anything, I’m terrible at technology. If I want to see something on Hulu or Amazon or whatever, can I pay by the show or do I have to have a monthly fee?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have Amazon free through my Amazon Prime account - but my nephew set up the app on my Smart TV since I'm kind of stupid about that app stuff so he set it up for me.

I also didn't start streaming until earlier this summer so I feel your pain (but I had a 24-year-old nephew to train me)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Hulu is a pay service. It's a monthly fee. We use Hulu Live as our primary TV source (cut the cord on DirecTV almost two years ago). We have a bundle that includes Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ and Starz. I think the basic plan is $6.99 a month (includes commercials). You could always sign up for a trail period, binge your show and then cancel before they charge you. 😊

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I believe... it's been awhile since I've had a free Amazon account as opposed to Amazon Prime...I think you can still rent individual shows. Also, do you have Cable or Satellite? FX is on demand there and free, if it's part of your TV package

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, if it helps.. you can buy all of season 3 (which is the Lewinsky season) for $19.99 on Apple. Personally, although I don’t find that amount outrageous, I would recommend you do what babyjax suggested. Get the monthly membership at Hulu for $6.99 a month. Most of those services give a free month and then you can cancel but at worse you could get 3 months of binging all of their content for the same cost as buying the one show from Apple. I hope that made sense. Lol. Just remember that if the show is being released on a weekly basis…. Do not sign up until the last one is available. You don’t want to binge half the season and have your free subscription run out.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks. Good ideas. I’m also hesitant bc on a good day it’s hard to get a good connection with Netflix. I’m afraid if I add more apps and channels it’s going to slow up my connection even more.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sometimes when the internet in my home is buggy...I use Netflix app on my phone and cast it to my TV.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It shouldn’t slow your connection as long as you’re not using them simultaneously.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Since, FX on demand is a great option for Lakecat!