TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 11, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through October 11, 2021 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Jimmer....the dubbing in Squid game was ok. I have had worse where I end up having it on in the original language and just read the subtitles. I don't want to say too much as then it will give away the story. I went into watching this series with no clue what I was getting myself involved with and therefore I think I enjoyed it more.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Miz. Maybe I’ll give it a look.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, The Starling is a movie, not a series. It was very good, but sad at times. The subject matter (loss of a child) is tough, but it has a positive message overall and the ending is not sad, but hopeful. Kevin Klein is also in it, and I didn't recognize him at first. His hair is totally white!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Babyjaxmom. I was also wondering about Lucifer?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Absolutely LOVED Lucifer! The ending was very satisfying. They really wrapped it all up nicely, since they don't intend to do any more shows. I cried through the whole thing, but in a good way. Also because it was ending. 😊

Finished Midnight Mass yesterday afternoon. Episode 7 was very intense. I thought there were 10 episodes, so I was thinking, "Where on earth can they go from here?" And then it was over. It ended well, but pretty brutal. Reminded me a lot of True Blood. I liked it, but definitely NOT for the faint of heart. Great cast!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thank you for all the great reviews. Now I'm looking forward to seeing both of them!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You're very welcome! 😊🥰

Now I'm watching Halston, which I never even heard of until Ewan McGregor won the Best Actor in a Mini Series Emmy last week. It's good. Think it's only 5 episodes.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't watch the spooky/bloody stuff. No thanks.

The Starling was right up my alley. Such a sweet, sad movie. Plus any film that has Kevin Kline in it, gets my vote. Just don't see him enough anymore.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mamie, stay far away from Midnight Mass then.

Jimmer, I'm still haunted by a scene in the final episode, when the congregation is outside the church waiting for the sun to come up. Kristin Lehman (Annie in the show) starts singing "Nearer My God to Thee," and the rest of the congregation gradually join in with her. Lots of beautiful harmonies. Of course, I got teary. And can't stop thinking about it. Beautifully directed and filmed scene.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh I will stay far away. I read about it and knew it wasn't my cup of tea.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So reviews of Diana musical are in and... how do you like disaster movies?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I started "Midnight Mass" yesterday...it's good...a little too "preachy" for my taste in some parts, but I'm still enjoying it.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Squid Game was good enough as far as dubbing goes. Very violent, but the story was enthralling. Watched all 9 episodes over the weekend. That was a lot of blood!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Strategist....yes Squid Game...very violent! The story is very gripping and I got through the season in 1.5 days. LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've been watching Season 3 of The Circle. It's fun, and the host who narrates the show (Michelle Buteau) is funny. We watched the first two seasons also. Kind of like Big Brother online. The contestants never see each other and can only interact through chat. Some of them are playing as themselves and others are catfishing as other people. It would be so hard to spend days on end trapped in an apartment all by yourself, never seeing another human face or hearing another voice. It's fun though. We LOL a lot.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I tried to watch Squid Game, but it didn't hold my interest. Started to doze off during the first episode and shut it off.
Currently watching Maid and it is excellent! Based on a true story of a young woman who with her toddler daughter leaves an abusive relationship. Margot Robbie is one of the executive producers. The lead is played by a young actress, Margaret Qualley. Her mother is undiagnosed bipolar, played by Andie MacDowell who happens to be Margaret's mother in real life.
I watched 5 of the 10 episodes yesterday.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom re: The Circle: I enjoy this reality tv show too! I even watched one in Spain! lol

Snoopsmom re: Squid Game...it is slow moving in some parts, felt they could have moved it a little faster but the story is worth it. You have stirred my interest in watching "The Maid".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mizinvanccouver, the best part was seeing the looks on the faces of the other contestants when the catfish people walked into the room at the finale. Some of them actually had crushes on the person who was a catfish (not realizing they were not the person they said they were). It was hilarious!

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed The Circle as well. Will have to check out the Spanish one. There is also one from France.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
Just now watching The OA. What an intense show!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Midnight Mass is amazing! I'm only through three episodes but it is just so compelling. So unexpected for something to be so... eloquent(?) but yet a horror.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Midnight Mass. I keep forgetting about it, I’ll tune in tonight.
The Maid- I think I like it. It can be kind of slow. I was reading that it was “ soapy” , I wouldn’t say that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and both enjoyed "Midnight Mass". It's my kind of show. I was so disappointed in myself for not seeing the big twist. Afterward it seemed so obvious.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I really liked OA. I hope you do too Weinermr.

I finished Squid Game. Stupid me -- these shows keep catching me off guard as I think "mini-series", not series. So darn it, bring on Season 2 of Squid Game already!

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Started watching Midnight Mass tonight and have to say "Wow!".
The casting and acting is phenomenal and there were several scenes that had me gasping out loud! Watched 4 episodes tonight and hope to finish it up in the next night or two.