TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through September 26, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Us, too!!! "Car park," "lorry," "loo" and others!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I've learned to 'SUSS' out things with my 'BROLLY'.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
šŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Have you noticed that most references to different things are American?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What do you mean, OG? We're just enjoying the Brits' more colorful expressions. Celebrating, not making fun of.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I started the new season of Virgin River, why doesn't Charlene look pregnant? Hasn't it been a few months since Jack's shooting? She is having twins which tend to make one gain about 10 more pounds per the internet.
Hasn't Mel been in Virgin River a year? Surely those babes should have been born already.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh if they mention a serial killer it usually John Wayne Gacey or Ted Bundy. I also love their expressions such at 'ticketyboo. But I am talking about there 'REFERENCES' to things. They refer to a our tv shows and celebrities all the tine instead of British ones.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sugar they show Charlene and her controlling boyfriend in a party scene and she definitely has a baby bump.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, OG, I get what you're saying now. We were watching an Australian show (think it was Jack Irish), and one character mentioned that he didn't have a passport. The other character looked at him in shock and said, "What are you? An American?!" I guess Australians are known for more international travel than we are. šŸ˜„

I also love the expression "tickety-boo," OG. It makes me think of Chummy from Call the Midwife.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought she had a bump in episode 2, however, in episode 3 when she stops by Jack's restaurant to use the loo it did not look like she had a bump to me.

Is Mel going to end up with Lillys' baby if she dies from cancer?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 28, 2021 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Lily's other daughter will raise her baby. Remember at the end of the last episode

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Mel told Jack she was pregnant, but it might not be his baby, since she had had one of her eggs with her husband implanted. I think Jack won't care and will want to be with Mel either way, though they might drag it out a few episodes.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 28, 2021 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have only watched 3 episodes of the new season so far.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 29, 2021 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Baby, I SUSS things out now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 29, 2021 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have only watched 3 episodes of the new season so far.

Why I put my answer in a spoiler box, cause I know everyone's at a different stage in the show. I hope I didn't spoil it for you. That's the conundrum of streaming shows: it's great to be able to binge and watch them in quick succession, but we can't really discuss them as freely as we used to with regular network shows that most were watching in the same time frame.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 29, 2021 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Just finished Clickbait (8 episodes) today and it was a good mystery. Adrian Grenier plays Nick (a father and husband) who disappears suddenly. Zoe Kazan plays his sister and Betty Gabriel plays his wife. In trying to solve the mystery of what happened to him, lots of unflattering things come out about everyone who knew him. As more is learned and new clues revealed, you'll constantly change what you think happened so it keeps you guessing right to the end. While I was not overly thrilled with the ending and one episode did drag a bit, it's great acting and a good mystery story.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, August 29, 2021 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, no I didn't peek in the spoiler box. I'll check out what you had to say after I watch all the episodes.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 29, 2021 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just binged The Chair. It's delightful! Lovely way to spend an afternoon.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, August 30, 2021 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The Chair is wonderful, bring on season 2.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, September 07, 2021 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've been watching a series called Turning Point. An in depth look at 9\11 and the war in Aphganistan. Not a fun subject but one that should not be forgotten. The video footage and the memories of the peoe who survivex that day are very compelling to hear.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 19, 2021 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally got around to watching "The Haunting of Bly Manor" and I really didn't enjoy it. It got so convoluted in the second half that I started to lose the plot and almost just quit watching.

It's the same makers and actors as "The Haunting of Hill House", but nowhere near as good of a story. A young nanny takes a job to care for two strange children at a creepy mansion.

---------------------------

Now for something I hope is better. Again, the same makers and some of the same actors .

Midnight Mass to be released this Friday, Sept 24.

The arrival of a charismatic young priest brings glorious miracles, ominous mysteries and renewed religious fervor to a dying town desperate to believe.
----
A twisty ensemble drama with supernatural thrills and slow-burn scares from the creator of "The Haunting of Hill House."

There are 2 trailers on it's Netflix page.
https://www.netflix.com/title/81083626

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 19, 2021 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That one's on my list, Naja!

I loved both Haunting shows. I liked that they used the same actors in both shows, even though it was a different story.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 19, 2021 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The series finale (sniff) of Lucifer darned near broke my heart. Such a great show! I will miss all of them!!! šŸ˜­šŸ’”šŸ’™

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just binged "Squid Game" a Korean series. It is 9 episodes and very interesting. I watched it dubbed in English with English subtitles too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched the first five episodes of Midnight Mass, and so far am loving it! It reminds me of a Stephen King story: strange things happening to a bunch of otherwise normal people. Just the fact that they all live on a tiny island, away from the rest of the world, makes them all seem more vulnerable. So far, it's creepy, weird fun! (Warning: might be a little gruesome for those who are sensitive.)

We also watch The Starling last night. Both hubby and I loved it. It stars Melissa McCartney in a sweet, very touching story of love, loss and going on with life when hard things happen. A little teary at times, but overall a feel good, uplifting story in the end (hand in there).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, without spoiling too much, did you mean that it has a sad ending or that you were sad the series is finished?

Iā€™m planning to watch Midnight Mass. Was the dubbing okay in Squid Game?