TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 23, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through August 23, 2021 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t like Virgin River. I find it very predictable and Lifetime movie like. I’ll watch it anyway for lack of anything else this Summer.
I’ve been told Manifest is good. That type of thing is not really my genre,but I’ll give it a shot.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Overall, I enjoyed Virgin River but do agree it can be rather silly and quite predictable. Jack drives me crazy, has no money, maybe because he is always leaving work. That bar/restaurant appears to be the only eatery in town so should be doing fairly well. I pity his friend Preacher who is saddled with all the work. I think Preacher has a stake in the bar but is not the majority shareholder.
I haven't started season 3 yet but will soon.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just love it cause of the small town aspect and it's supposed to take place up around the Eureka area (it's actually filmed around Vancouver, which I also love). Great cast, too. I do agree that Jack can be a real pita a lot of the time.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Tresbien I have read many of Harlan Corban's books. Really enjoy and recommend them.

Just noticed there is new season of "Atypical" out, season 4. Great show/series if you have not watched it about a teenage boy with autism and his struggles and successes.

Been watching "Manifest" about a plane load of people who went missing for 5.5 years and then return not a day older and have some weird "callings". Has been very enjoyable so far.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ok, I’ll give Manifest a try. I’m not really into things that can’t really happen but I really need something to watch.
Sugar I’ve thought the same thing about Preacher too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just a warning about Manifest. I loved it during the first season, but then it got more and more convoluted and improbable, and was canceled before anything was resolved. I didn't even watch the last few episodes. But your experience may be different. Enjoy!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, I’m not sure it will be worth my while. Especially since there is sort of a lack of closure.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
What have been some of your favorite TV shows Lakecat? Maybe I could think of suggestions if I know your taste.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 16, 2021 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Good question Sugar. I don’t like Sci-Fi, Crime shows or shows that are preachy or try too hard to be “woke”. That doesn’t leave much does it? I liked Schitts Creek, Shameless, and although preachy at times, Call The Midwife, Weeds, Curb Your Enthuidiasm,Dexter, Breaking Bad, Orange is The New Black. I Definitely like an ensemble cast with flawed characters. I have not seen The Office, I’ve tried twice and couldn’t get into it. I’m not opposed to trying again. I usually like your suggestions so I’m up for anything even if it falls within my dislikes.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 16, 2021 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, perhaps you might like to try Ozark, The Crown and Kim's Convenience. I believe they are all on Netflix. I will let you know if I think of other shows.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thank you. Love Ozark. I live near the setting although I’m sure they film from Canada. I’ll try The Crown, my girlfriend suggested that and Heist.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've watched all of The Crown. It's a little dry at times but it also can be surprisingly entertaining as well.

Pardon me for saying this, but I found the Queen a bit dull but Philip, Charles, Anne, Diana and Camilla are entertaining. Oh and Princess Margaret!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love The Crown. You may think the Queen is "dull," Jimmer, but she has to maintain her dignity. She's been trained to do so since childhood. I understand she can be a lot of fun when she's with her family. She's an amazing woman. 95 years old and she's still the leader of her country, drives a car and rides horses regularly!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Olivia Coleman's Queen was drier than Claire Foy who was the younger Elizabeth. It will be interesting to see what Imelda Staunton does as the next actor to play the HRH.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Claire Foy was amazing as the queen. She just had all of the little mannerisms and the way the queen speaks. Brilliant.
The Crown is not an exciting show, but I like that it's like mini history lesson often.

Ozark is great and I believe it was filmed in Georgia. I'm pretty sure Bateman has indicated they film there. Because I wondered if they'd stay when so many other production companies pulled out.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 26, 2021 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I watched Your Last Love Letter to Your Lover. I was wanting something that didn’t involve a lot of thinking, and didn’t involve some kind of “woke” lesson or cause, and no sci-fi. it was light,fluffy and kind of soapy. If that’s what you are looking for I can reccomend. The fashion and the location setting alone is worth a watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 26, 2021 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My tv watching would suck if I looked for political messages in everything.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 27, 2021 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
You don’t have to look. There’s certainly an abundance of it ,my tv entertainment is something I can go to escape.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, August 15, 2021 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Grace & Frankie season 7 first 4 episodes released in Canada.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 20, 2021 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Watched the first few episodes of The Chair. Love it. You can't go wrong with Sandra Oh and there is an added plus of Holland Taylor.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Love them both. I didn’t see this series last night when I was looking for something...anything.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I watched the Australian teen show, The Bureau of Magical Things and it was a cute show. I have liked several Australian shows including some of the teen orientated fare.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I watch a lot of Aussie shows.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We love the Aussie and UK detective/police shows. Not the humorous ones, only the serious ones. We're currently watching Hinterland, which now that I think of it, is on BritBox. We watch a lot of Acorn and BritBox. Hinterland takes place in Wales.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sometimes, I wonder if I watch too many UK & Australian shows as I find myself using many of their regional phrases, idioms, etc.