TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Dexter: New Blood

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Dexter: New Blood users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 18, 2021Boberg25 08-18-21  3:06 pm
Archive through November 08, 2021Rvon25 11-08-21  5:13 pm
Archive through December 14, 2021Brenda196625 12-14-21  11:41 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
We are also very much enjoying it, and can't waiting for the next episode

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am loving it also. I am hoping they do more seasons! It isnt the same as the old show but I am enjoying this season. It's like having an old friend back

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
We love it too. It's really getting interesting.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL I have been wrong about everything HAhaha

This season has been so good! I'm so glad it never went like I thought it would.

The last ep was so intense! I really hope they dont kill off Dex. This season was so good I think they could do another.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, January 03, 2022 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
This season was really good. After last night's episode, I can't wait to see what's next!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 03, 2022 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
every ep gets better and better!!! I am hoping Angela doesnt turn him in!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 03, 2022 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can't believe we have just one more ep! My heart was pounding! This has been a very good season. I hope it ends in a good fashion (and not some cliff hanger we may never get resolved).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
This was designed as just 1 season so I am sure it will conclude. I just hope they dont kill him off. I dont think they realized how popular this would be and many people want another season!

Punkin

08-13-2009

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
Tonight's final episode is a complete mind blower! But I hadn't known this was meant to be just a single season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm a little angry. I wanted more than one season of Dexter. I guess they left it where Harrison could take over the show, but I just don't find him as watchable or interesting.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's funny, as I'm annoyed too. I thought it was a strange reaction to have to a show, but that's how I feel. Like this season was a big tease to something really fun for the viewers, but now it's unexpectedly over and - if this is renewed - we'll be stuck watching a show that'll probably be ok but isn't what we wanted to watch.

But to the show itself... need more time to think about it. Upset he killed the coach. Felt the Sheriff woman/girlfriend would have reacted differently to just about everything. And we didn't get to see Baptista fully find out about Dexter... not that I wanted him to, but they started that storyline and didn't complete it.

I guess I thought if they were going to end it they should have ended it bigger somehow. Not just shoot me - oh you did - now I'm dead.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wanted to throw my remote at the tv! I hated this ending worse than the 1st. We fall in love with him again and they yank him away

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I so agree. We did fall in love with the show again. And they slammed the door in our faces! And to think that the person Dexter cared about the most ended things.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
With the New Blood title, I kind of wondered if this wasn’t the way it would go. Then if there is another season, Harrison will be the lead, and Dexter will be his Harry/Deb/subconscious.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That would be good, to have ghost Dexter haunting/teaching Harrison. But it would be hard to not be more interested in Dexter than H.

The showrunner says they want to do a season two with Harrison, but are waiting for ratings and feedback before they get told whether they can go ahead:

https://deadline.com/2022/01/dexter-new-blood-clyde-phillips-finale-interview-teases-season-2-spoilers-1234906655/

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry Dexter's gone too, but I would give Harrison a chance if Dexter is his ghost.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Great season, upsetting ending. Harrison was not "educated" enough to pull it off alone. He saw Dexter kill once and got a bit of a lesson on his protocol, but knows nothing about crime scenes, blood spatter, evidence collection, has no "in" with police, etc. If they do another season with him, he can't be like Dexter, aside from killing bad guys possibly.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree, they should have had a 2nd season with him training him and then killed off Dex.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
But, they could bring back Harrison older and part of a forensic unit. Just putting my speculation cap on.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
good idea and that way they can get a different actor. This kid doesnt have the charm that Dexter has

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They could get an actor who looks just like Michael C Hall :D.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Count me among those who are annoyed with the demise of Dexter. I would have liked another couple of seasons with much less Deb as I always disliked her character.
If I remember correctly, one of the ideas for the series finale of Dexter was for Dexter to find himself strapped to a gurney with pictures of all his victims as he is about to get the needle on death row. I'm not really surprised Dexter died, just disappointed.
Also, what a crappy burden to put on Harrison who is clearly troubled and alone.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm the only one who was satisfied with the series. No, I didn't want Dexter to be killed off, but I think it was a fitting ending. Of course he and Harrison can't just go hide and not be found. He was wanted for killing a cop!! and he broke his code, badly. It was time for his demise. So I say Bravo to the creators for giving us a fitting ending for Dexter. He was starting to go off the rails.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Brenda. I'm not dissatisfied with the series. I am sorry Dexter's gone, but I am hoping that they bring back Harrison in some way. I just don't want the show to end.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Back when we were looking at spoilers before the series started, they said Harrison had an alias "Randall". Did he ever use the alias on the actual show? I don't recall it ever being used. Dexter found Harrison rifling through his house and he gave his real name right away.

I was going to say if it hasn't been used, it's either the spoilers were wrong, or it's going to be Harrison's alias starting season 2.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Although I was disappointed with this season, curiosity kept me watching till the end. Last episode was going so well, finally someone was putting the pieces together about who Dexter really was. A killer. Then Dexter showed who he was again by killing the coach/deputy all because he was in the way. Certainly, did not fit Harry's code. But you know who does fit Harry's code....Dexter: he kills innocents, has done it repeatedly and is likely to do it again. Dexter ran and tried to drag his son into his big mess. Luckily Harrison did not approve and refused. BUT then of course TPTB messed it up again and had the son kill his father. Dexter, whom they want us to believe felt true love for his son...did not proved by the fact that he stood there and put that burden on his son. Real love would have stood there and accepted being arrested...then Dexter could have killed himself or allowed another prisoner to kill him if he really did not want to go to prison where he belonged.

I did like that they allowed a flash of pictures of all the innocent people who are dead because of Dexter: Maria, Dokes, Deb, Rita, and now the coach to name a few. Yes, Dexter fit Harry's code.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Friday, January 14, 2022 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I'm satisfied with the ending. As soon as Harrison showed up I knew he would end up killing Dexter. I really did see it coming.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 16, 2022 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I would have liked it a tad bit better if the cop had showed up in time to shoot Dexter herself and not have Harrison do it. But she probably would have arrested him and that would not have been satisfying or conclusive. This was a conclusive ending.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: