TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 07, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 07, 2021 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
10 minutes into Kevin Can F Himself and it is painful to watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched the whole 2 hours and really liked it. When it started, I thought it was just a bad sitcom, and I thought I would hate it. But then it got good.

And oh how you're going to hate Kevin. LOL

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm still waiting for it to get better Naja.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that actor was on a reality show...something about being married and his part was to secretly be a total ass..

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I remember him from Kirstie Alley's last sitcom where he played her long lost adult son.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Legal. Just watched the Paris Hilton documentary. I hope she does continue to speak out and encourage others. So many survivors of any kind of abuse are not able to even identify the perps but here it is clear. And though others have written excellent book, Paris has the audience. So, good for her.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just finished the second episode of Kevin Can F Himself and it has me hooked. I can’t wait to see what’s next.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 2:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Same here, Rieann! :-)

That actress from Schitt's Creek is a lot better actress in this show. Her Boston accent is pretty good, too.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Finished Cruel Summer last night, and loved it. Turned my girls onto it, and they texted me to say they were starting it last night. LOL

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Naja, I forgot to mention that I hope Kevin meets a fateful end. I really hate that guy. Lol.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I hope they don't do things to make us feel sorry for him. I like hating him. LOL

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I will give Kevin Can F Himself another episode or two but I doubt it will improve.
I think Annie Murphy's accent was inconsistent, when she did it, she did it well. I wanted to weep for her after working on the brilliantly crafted, smartly written and well cast Schitt's Creek to this drivel must be painful. Cash the check Annie, cash the check.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Has any one else seen the republic of Sarah?

It is a cw show where a woman leads her town to declare the self an independent country when New Hampshire wants to bulldoze the town.

Pretty funny.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Am enjoying Republic of Sarah.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To those of us watching "Kevin Can F Himself", did you notice it's filmed like a Sitcom only if Kevin is in the scene? As soon as Kevin leaves the scene, it goes to being filmed like a drama. And I mean it can happen mid scene! Like last show when Kevin and Allison were in the bedroom, or the scene in the backyard, it's filmed like a sitcom from a distance on a stage with a live studio audience or laugh-track, and then he leaves and the whole atmosphere is different, lighting is changed, no audience, there are closeups, it's more natural, and it doesn't feel like a stage. It's feels and looks like a drama. Just like all the scenes without Kevin away from home.

If you didn't notice, you have to go back to your recording and watch the mid-scene change ones. It's freaky.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is deliberately filmed both light and dark. I don't particularity care for it as I find it to be a trite trick for people who can't figure out the difference happening in the story. It annoys me anytime I see it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I find it totally fascinating how the they can make the same space look and feel so different. It's definitely more than just light and dark.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Where can I find Kevin Can…?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sunday nights on AMC. This Sunday will be ep 4.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ll check it out, although I hate starting a series in the middle. There’s nothing on TV lately. It’s pretty bad when I’m watching The Bachelorette.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know who your tv provider is, but for most, the first few eps are free in on-demand.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We finally decided to give "Sons of Anarchy" a try and I can't believe I haven't tried it sooner. We're really liking it. We just finished ep 10 from season 2. The one where Gemma finally tells Clay and Jax she was raped by the white nationals. I am sure there is going to be major bloodshed in the next episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just a warning, Naja, it gets very violent. I'm not sure when, I've tried to block it out of my memory, lol, but the characters draw you in in the earlier episodes so you don't want to stop watching, and then later on it all just gets so horrible. Even thinking about a couple of things in my head makes me have to go lalalalala over my thoughts to try to not remember it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 07, 2021 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The violence has already been so bad in season 1 and 2, that you're scaring me Kitt. haha

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 07, 2021 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'll ditto what Kitt said. I was drawn in by certain characters and was actually naive enough to think some might do the right thing eventually. I stuck with the show until the very end and to this day, I ask myself "Why?!" The last 3 or 4 seasons were very hard to watch due to the violent lifestyle.