TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Animal Kingdom on TNT: Archive through April 30, 2018 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really feel this is going to be a hit.

Animal Kingdom on TNT

The online synopsis is too vague, so here's my own.

A teen boy's mom dies from a drug overdose, so he goes to live with his grandmother and several uncles. They seem to be living high on the hog, and we learn they are a crime family, but I won't say which kind of crime because it is something that needs to unfold.

I really enjoyed this show. They have already aired 2 eps, but they are being replayed and they are in on-demand and online.

http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/animal-kingdom.html

The grandmother is a played a gorgeous Ellen Barken, so obviously the grandma isn't the knitting and housecoat kind of grandma :-) Her nickname by the "kids" is Smurf....LOL

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I watched it. We were planning on taping the second episode but ended up watching both. We really liked it. Ellen Barkin looks great, no phony plastic aging. And anything with Scott Speedman works for me :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I wish they would have given it a better name because I bet some people haven't looked further than the name thinking they brought back "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" or something.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was reading about the Australian movie that it was based on. I had heard about it but never paid much attention to it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now that makes sense as to why its name is so out there. :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Naja, I have a feeling that J's father is one of the brothers. Pope was talking about how Julia would climb into bed with him but then there's Baz, maybe. I would have Baz's baby :P Kudos to Shawn Hatosy for playing such a creepy Pope.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's a good theory :-) I was taking it at face value that Baz was his father, but your idea makes more sense to the story and how creepy Pope is.

There sure are a lot of really good looking men on this show

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
There really is. My daughter and I were trying to think of who Daren looked like. I saw his name is Jake Weary and I don't know if you ever saw Guiding Light but his mom is Kim Zimmer who played Reba.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mamie! Kitt just posted that it's renewed already! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 2 starts May 30!

Jeez it felt like a long wait.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have been following Jake Weary and Shawn Hatosy on social media and it's been fun watching them film around the family pool.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What a great first ep for the season!

Mamie, are we supposed to know the old guy that's dying? Or is he someone new? I can't recall him from season 1.

eta: I can't believe we are the only 2 people watching this. Between Ellen Barken as the matriarch and all those hot looking sons of hers, I just love this show.

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
You're not the only ones watching. I LOVE this show! What a great start to the season. I can't wait to see what happens.

I also don't know who the old guy is (Manny?) or the guy who came to see Smurf.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I missed it last night and have to catch it On Demand.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This season is 10x better than I expected. Last night's ep was off the chart. I love how Smurf weaseled her way to get the guys to pay the 200K, and only Baz knows yet. You just know Smurf has way more than 300K in her storage unit and only lied that she was cleaned out.

Jeez this is a great show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Smurf also has a bunch of properties that she rents to herself under assumed identities in order to launder all her ill gotten gains. I know she told Jay about it but I'm not sure if the other boys know or not. I think she's grooming Jay and plans to promote him to Boy #1 at some point.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
But her buildings aren't cash. I am pretty sure she meant that her cash was cleaned out. And there's no way she could get cash from a building overnight. It's all a lie so it doesn't matter....LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought of the buildings she owns because Baz told her she could "sell the house if she has to" to get the cash to pay Xavie off. I figured if selling the house was an option, her other properties could be options as well...even though I thought that selling the house was an impractical solution, too. It also made me think that Baz knows nothing about her other properties.

However, on second thought. I now wonder if Baz was referring to selling the house as a way to pay the boys back the money from the church heist that Baz used to front her the cash to pay off Xavie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, "Sell the house" was the option to pay him back, not get the cash to pay the guy off in the first place.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, that's exactly what I said in the second paragraph of my last post.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, I know. I was pointing out that was the correct conclusion. You started the paragraph with "I wonder".

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To add to last weeks discussion, tonight it did look like the other boys know about her buildings. No one seemed surprised when Smurf said she needed their cash to launder through her buildings.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else get the feeling Nicky is going to get herself killed trying to force herself into the business of this family?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see Baz find out that Pope killed Cat, and not Smurf. They better let that happen before the last 2 eps of the season are over. Of course he'll find out too late and Smurf will probably be in prison already.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 3 starts May 29! Yes!