TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Cancellations and Renewals: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 19, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 12, 2021 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Too bad about Clarice. Hubby loved it. I could take it or leave it. The cast was great, but the storylines got too complicated for me (I have trouble remembering all the details from week to week). Bummer.

I just looked at Hulu and there are still two more episodes left of Clarice.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, June 12, 2021 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's too bad. I liked Clarice, though I can see why it didn't attract a widespread audience.

I like shows with involved story arcs but it's getting increasingly discouraging watching them with all the cancellations and unresolved stories.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 13, 2021 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
They don’t give things long enough to catch on. I saw Clarice but only recently even heard about it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 14, 2021 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Girls5Eva renewed by Peacock.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 14, 2021 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Manifest cancelled by NBC.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Cruel Summer renewed by Freeform.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Loved Cruel Summer! I was over Manifest. Didn't even watch the last three episodes, cause I figured it was going to be canceled.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been waiting for the Manifest cries to come, I thought you all still loved it! I also got fed up with it, watched it through but really don't need to see more.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
They get applause for canceling Manifest from me, not cries.

I loved the premise but it was executed so poorly I was about to give it up but still had an inkling of hope they might get to a point past just being a good scientists vs bad government drama. Adding the christian mythology and weird connections to people in history who died eons ago was my moment of realization it was going downhill fast.

I think they tried to be the new Lost but it didn't have the writing, acting, or directing talent needed to pull it off. And....it was probably going to end like Lost did anyhow....purgatory waiting room, or maybe a reset to make it so they never vanished in the first place.

"Debris" was so much better than this. I'm chucking Manifest in my mind's "they blew it" bin, along with "Salvation".

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah they were kind of jumping the shark with the Noah's Ark stuff. Plus the characters and the writing weren't great. I was finding them very exasperating and annoying. All the repetitive talk about "callings" and "the lifeboat". I was still watching but I was feeling more and more like it was a waste of time that I'd never get back.

I recently re-watched all of Lost and while I never did find the ending satisfying, it was a fantastic ride.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I recently re-watched all of Lost"

So did I, and I agree, it was just as good if not better the second time around. I didn't mind the ending....it was no weirder than the rest of it. I can't imagine what kind of answer would've worked for everyone. It was just a dream? Honestly, there is no kind of rational ending available for Lost except that it was just a dream. Now that would've pissed me off! :-)

My COVID year also included re-watching ALL 9 seasons of "American Horror Story".

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this week's final episode of Cruel Summer so I don't know how it ends. Will S2 be a continuation or a completely different story line?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Would be different but I think they could use the same actors.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure of the accuracy of this article, but it seems like the same characters will be back.

"....fans will get to enjoy another summer (or possibly more, depending on how many summers the second season spans) with both Jeanette and Kate sometime in 2022.

While no Season 2 deals have been announced for the main cast of "Cruel Summer" and no additions have been announced as of June 2021, it's likely that Olivia Holt, Chiara Aurelia, and Froy Gutierrez will reprise their respective roles as Kate, Jeanette, and Jamie in Season 2. If the 1993 and 1994 plot lines continue, you can likely expect to see Blake Lee as Martin Harris again as well.
"

https://www.looper.com/438293/cruel-summer-season-2-release-date-cast-plot/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They might just be guessing. I saw an interview with the creator yesterday and he said they had no real thought beyond season 1 so wanted it to be completely self-contained, and seem to suggest they were open to another completely different Cruel Summer.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Hardy Boys renewed by Hulu.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Grand Army cancelled by Netflix.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Moodys cancelled by Fox.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dad stop embarrassing me cancelled by Netflix.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
"I recently re-watched all of Lost"

SFJF, I started re-watching Lost about a year or so ago. I was enjoying it, until I remembered what happened to poor, sweet Charlie. I quit watching when I got to that episode. Just couldn't go through that heartbreak again. 😭

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that some of those scenes were tough to watch. It seemed like they showed what happened to Juliet over and over again.

I’ve been thinking about watching some of American Horror Story again.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if Evil is coming back???

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes! Season 2 streams tomorrow on Paramount+. It's not on regular CBS station anymore.

They are only releasing 1 ep a week.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That sucks. They've been advertising Evil as coming back on CBS for a few weeks now. Supposed to start tomorrow. Oh well. Guess I will miss being scared by it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have Paramount+ but I have only watched CBS shows on it. I think the whole Paramount+ is free to me but how do I know when the live streaming shows are on?