TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Saturday Night Live (SNL): Archive through November 08, 2020 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 12, 2020 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
A - for effort
C - for mostly boring

IMHO YMMV

I hope they work out the kinks and write better jokes.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
yah...I guess this will be the new format for months ahead. I like Ellen show from home, sometimes good sometimes meh but that is the same with show. Same with SNL, sometimes it is good and sometimes not so I will continue watching them even the 'home' addition.

I too am curious about their homes. Maybe that's what they should do, give us a tour of parts of their homes.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous .... quarantine version.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Jimmer....yah! That would be awesome! I would watch! Maybe we should write them with the suggestion!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Jimmer!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Snicker. Luv it!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I thought last nights SNL was better than the first.

I didn't finish watching it all yet but I loved the opening with Brad Pitt and the song from Pete Davidson and Adam Sandler.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I did too. Honestly I laugh about as much as I do on the regular show. Some hits but always more misses

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved that Fauci got his wish and the fact that Brad came thru even though he isnt a comedian or impersonator he did a great job!

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think Brad Pit has great Comedic talents. His weather report on the John Krasinski, Corona Feel good show was pretty funny.

Brad Pitt is the kind of guy that I think I would enjoy hanging out in a bar with one night. funny, doesnt take himself too seriously. His Angelina lapse notwithstanding.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
He is from Missouri, not far from where my mom grew up, as she would say 'he seems like good people' :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Last week Brad did the new Celebrity show with the Property Brothers. I think I fell in love with him watching that show.

I was so delighted to see him do Fauci. It was perfect.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This ep was a huge improvement over the previous ep. Lots of LOL moments.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree, way better than the first 2 episodes. I guess they got their writers on board as well bored celebs. LOL

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mamie316, what's the name of the new celebrity show? I wanted to watch it but forgot about it. I also thought this episode of SNL was an improvement on the first at home episode that I watched.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Rotelach, It's Celebrity IOU.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
OK. I am watching that. I liked Brad's episode. This week was Melissa McCarthy and next week is Michael Buble.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 17, 2020 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jason Sudeikis and Maya Rudolph are coming back to the cast to play Biden and Harris. Jason played Biden all through the Obama years, too.

Season 46 Premiere, Oct. 3 will be back in the studio with a controlled environment and limited or no audience.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Saturday, October 03, 2020 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
New show tonight.. but I believe Biden is Jim Carey

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
After the weekend news update, when they cut to Kate McKinnon silently sitting there as RBG, well I just sobbed. I had felt bad before about her passing, but had not really cried. But, the touching nature of the tribute struck me to my core and the tears flowed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
http://https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/saturday-night-live-kate-mckinnon-ruth-bader-ginsburg-tribute-1234792019/#

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I was with you Kookliebird. SNL's Kate McKinnon''s tribute to RBG was pure and perfect.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree!! Jim Carey was sooo good as Biden. Maya as Kamala is pure gold!

The name change skit was funny! I actually was shocked some of the names made it thru the censors. That is why they had the spelling of the names on the screen.

Reminded me of when we used to go thru the phone book looking for funny names!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Fell asleep during last night's show, but what I saw of the host Dave Chappelle was dreadful. Bitter, arrogant, not funny or enjoyable. A total buzzkill after such a joyous, historical day topped off by the speeches of Joe and Kamala.
Chapelle had a genuine axe to grind but that was not the time or place for it. Or at least it could have been done with actual humour. And it started very late due to a football game ending late. So I was really annoyed because it wasn't worth the wait. Although the opening was pretty good with Jim Carry, Alec Baldwin, and Maya Rudolph.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Mame. I watched a couple of minutes, killing time before bed (we get it earlier here in California, twice actually). I will try to find the cold open online. It's usually the best part of the show anyway.