TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 02, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, thanks for the recommendation on Cruel Summer. We're really enjoying it. Just hate that Hulu only drops one episode a week. I much prefer the way Netflix drops all the episodes at once, so we can binge. Sometimes we forget things from week to week. At first I was a little confused about the time changes in Cruel Summer, but once I figured out the different hairstyles for each girl in the different years, I was good. Thank you, producers, for that!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't even realize it was on Hulu, too. I watch Cruel summer on FreeForm channel. It's the old ABC Family channel.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I started watching Hacks on HBO with Jean Smart, it is pretty good

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Hacks might be a good show. It had some funny bits. I have long been a Jean Smart fan. Not sure about the Ava character played by Hannah Einbinder, hopefully, she will improve.
It did have one of my pet peeves, a scene of someone on the toilet. So gross and it NEVER serves the plot.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I agree with all of your points!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That's great BJM!!! Not just the hairstyles to tell them apart, but 1995 will also have a "bluish tint" to the screen (I'm guessing because this is a dark period in their lives).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, we have Hulu Live (no cable or satellite). FreeForm is one of the channels included.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BJM and Lexie, have you watched the whole Cruel Summer series. I am on ep 2 and think I have figured it out and wonder if I should keep watching

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Hacks.

I finally was able to get into Ted Lasso. I loved it! It took me a few tries to get the love. I don’t know why it wasn’t clicking for me on prior attempts.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It took me a few episodes to warm to Ted Lasso also Rieann. I think because there is a bunch of crass characters and immature behavior that overshadows the heart and sweetness of Ted. I am looking forward to season 2, I think it starts at the end of July.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I'm not sure what you mean by "whole Cruel Summer series." I've watched every week except last night's episode.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I read the season is only 7 eps.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Episode 6 was just shown this week, but we haven't gotten around to it yet. So many things to watch! The last episode should drop next week. I heard there are unexpected twists and turns, so don't give up on it, Pamy. DH and I always love to try to figure things out, and it's fun to see whether I'm right or not.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ok, I will continue :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was thinking Cruel Summer was 10 eps. I think I googled. Anyways, thanks for the rec -- my daughter and I are watching and like it a lot. I just wish we could binge it. It's so hard to wait a whole week! LOL>

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Cruel Summer is on my DVR, I haven't watched any of the episodes, and plan on binge watching after all of the episodes are recorded.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Brenda, It is 10, when I searched, I guess it thought I meant how many eps had aired already.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Brenda, It is 10, when I searched, I guess it thought I meant how many eps had aired already."

Were you looking at IMDB.COM? I know that they used to list all episodes of a season at once in their episode guide...but then for the past year or so, they started to list fewer episodes. Sometimes just a few and then newer ones get added after a bit.

My guess is that it's a COVID thing. There were so many shows that had to change their schedules when productions got shut down because of quarantines. Some shows had to be preempted and sometimes listings at IMDB had to be deleted or a number of episodes had to be dropped, etc...

I think the same thing happened during the writers strike a few years back...shows like Lost had a season that was just 7 or 8 episodes that year. Other shows had delayed new eps and they all showed a lot of reruns.

I often check both IMDB and Wiki. Wiki seems to be more up to date much of the time.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont remember where I saw it, what ever the first hit in google was lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 24, 2021 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I watched The Serpent on Netflix. It's creepy but we both thought it was worth watching.

And yes, IMDB shows 10 eps for Cruel Summer. Also several other articles that pop up on google. I hope it is 10! I'll be so disappointed if it's not.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed The Serpent.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Dawson's Creek on Netflix and am nearing the end...

... what should I watch next?

Were there any similar classic teen/YA shows of the 90s/00s I might have missed and should watch now? I have seen Buffy and Angel.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Beverly Hills 90210 (the 90210 reboot was ok)
The OC
Party of Five
Veronica Mars
Friday Night Lights
American Dreams

I really liked the sitcom Boy Meets world ...takes place middle school through college...a bit cheesy early on but you care about the characters

Everyone hates Chris was a good sitcom too.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Pat Sajak said "More trips than Timothy Leary." Not a very Wheel of Fortune thing to say. They showed an old clip one time that a guy said the puzzle was "A Group of Pill Pushers." Pat got indignant and said "This is Wheel of Fortune!"

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
This is major weird stuff. I should find a place in big brother, but there is only a thread about the next season. anyway I was looking for info that a friend sent me on TMZ and this headline smacked me in the face.
Big Brother's Mike 'Boogie' Malin Found Guilty of Stalking Castmate Dr Will Kirby

Appearing before a judge in April, Malin was sentenced to two years probation and three days in jail. He was also ordered to pay $70 in fines, serve 30 days in a rehab center, complete 160 hours of community service and submit DNA to a database, per his plea arrangement.

In September 2019, Kirby, 48, was granted a restraining order against Malin, preventing Malin from coming near Kirby's family and businesses. According to a petition filed by Kirby's lawyer obtained by Fox News, the stalking began when the pair were set to star in another reality show, but Kirby pulled out. Malin, who was then unable to participate without Kirby, allegedly began threatening the dermatologist and his family. Kirby also claimed Malin once sent a photo of a gun pointing at a picture of Kirby's wife and daughter.