TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 27, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through April 27, 2021 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 27, 2021 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes! I didnt know Jill was her mom. Very cool

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 28, 2021 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I had no idea.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom...thanks for the lead on "Tell Me Your Secrets". I was on the edge of my seat! Watched all 10 episodes in 2 days! However, that said they didn't give any closure on all the characters!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 04, 2021 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Tell me your secrets had a lot of twists and turns. I'd say it was soap opera type TV. Kind of adolescent and lots of cheap twists and surprises and unbelievable circumstances. And of course they left it open for a season 2!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 04, 2021 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Once I found out Lily Rabe was Jill Clayburgh's daughter, it was all I could see! She looks so much like her mother. I remember Jill from back in the 70s! We enjoyed this show very much.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 06, 2021 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Coming 2 America was fun nostagia but storyline is dreadful. Watch it for the fun of seeing all of your fav characters reunite and you will love it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
While Bosch's seventh and final season is coming up on Amazon Prime, there will be a spinoff on imdb.tv which will feature Bosch, Maddie and Honey Chandler.

I'm "assuming" the final season will end with Bosch retiring and the spin-off will pick up with him being a "retired" cop who is now working as an investigator for Honey Chandler. This is the only scenario that makes sense to me.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just watched I Care A Lot. So good!!! A must see!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So I'm watching Goliath (I know that I'm new to the Amazon Prime binge-watching phenomenon) and what is making me crazy about this show is half of it is filmed in the dark and I can't see what is going on on my tv screen. Between Cooperman's office and the bar McBride hangs out in, I can't see squat!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hate shows like that, Lexie! You might try turning the brightness up a bit on your TV. You should be able to find it in "Settings" in your TV's menu.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks BJM... I'm new to this Smart TV stuff and will have to try to find the brightness this even when I get home from work

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So I did some Googling and evidently this is an issue for new Samsung Smart TVs. One recommended solution was the "contrast." I went home and changed it from "low" to "high" and I think that did the trick. I then watched Episode 2 of Goliath and didn't have much of a problem with the "dark scenes"

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
If you ever have time in your hands.... my Samsung comes with four visual settings (if I recall without checking.. movie, sports, natural and vivid). I set up natural to be VERY dim so when I watch tv in bed and drift off, the flash of light doesn’t wake me up. And I set up vivid to be extra vivid lol for those annoying shows that are too dark. That way it just takes one push of a button to switch between exposures.

What I wish I had is a way to reduce the SOUND on commercials. They are always one louder than the show itself. If anyone has figured that out, let me know. Lol

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Rissa....I totally agree about wishing to have a way to reduce the sound on the commercials!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
One of the many reasons I don't watch commercials. We either record and skip the ads or pay extra for streaming services with no ads. So annoying to have your show interrupted so they can sell you something. I hate them!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching "My Mother and Other Strangers" on Amazon Prime. It was about the interaction of an American airbase with the local people of a small Irish village during WW2. I loved it (right up my alley), but was disappointed with the ending. Kind of a cliffhanger, and I don't know if there will be a season 2. Anybody else watch?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching "The Wilds" on Amazon. Really enjoyed it, although once again, they didn't resolve anything at the end of the season and left it hanging. I see that it's been renewed for another season, but it probably won't air until early 2022. I just hope I remember to watch it and that I can remember what happened in season 1 after all that time!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Wilds was particularly twisty turny. I have a feeling I'll be lost by the time S2 starts.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too. May end up doing like I did with "Discovery of Witches" and have to watch the whole first season again. It was all new to me (even though I'd seen it before).

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody watched the series "Them" yet?

We didn't really like it. Maybe the message went right over my head? I thought I understood it until it turned supernatural, and then I was lost.

It's about a black family in the 50s that moves to a racist all white Compton, CA. The racist white people of the town start doing horrible things to make the black family move away.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen anything about a premiere date for S7 of Bosch?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 24, 2021 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody heard any news on the premiere date of Season 2 of "Carnival Row"?

It was renewed for season 2 and even started shooting. But last March 2020 shooting stopped because of the virus and I haven't heard a word since. I really like this show.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, April 26, 2021 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have been watching Them. So far its pretty painful just to watch the hatred and loathing that neghbors have for the family. To think there is also a supernatural component out to get them is so awful!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I made it thru only 1 episode of “Them”. It was so upsetting that I backed out. Knowing full well it was just a tv show I quit, perhaps being”nibby” I will return.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Them"

I literally LOL at the final scene between Allison Pill, the main racist and meanest hater on that street, and Ryan Kwanten, the milkman.

That may have been the only time I laughed though....very dark show but the supernatural aspect of it kept me watching.