TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 26, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 26, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My parents would NEVER have allowed me to even a boy in my bedroom, door open OR closed. I wouldn't even have tried (if they were home . . . ).

I'm glad Kevin just called and asked Randall to be his best man, rather than making a big thing out of it. It was the right thing to do.

I'm thinking Mandy Moore was out on maternity leave when they filmed this. Don't expect to see her for a few weeks.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, April 15, 2021 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
After reading some comments (elsewhere) about it I wasn’t sure how much I’d enjoy the most recent episode focussing on Randall and Kevin. However, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, April 15, 2021 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to watch it on Saturday.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 15, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It was tough to watch, but I do give Kevin credit for flying across the country and trying to make things right with his brother.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought it was well done.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It seemed quite realistic and I learned something new about "ghost kingdoms".

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't think ghost kingdoms seemed very healthy. Natural yes, but not healthy. The lady from the support group seemed to have developed a whole fantasy world where her adoptive parents were the bad guys and her bio parents would have given her this amazing life.

I suppose it's hard not to build that up in your mind, if your adopted life was hard, but I felt the whole thing was a little self-harming (trying to think of the right word), like it didn't actually help the person thinking that way, it just created anger and resentment.

For Kevin and Randall, I think they did a good job by the end of the episode of showing that Kevin was envious of Randall for his position in the family, and that his hurtful comments to Randall over race, didn't come just because he was black, but because being black was one of the reasons that (Kevin felt) gave him special treatment within the family.

And then at the same time they made it clear that that didn't really matter, what he said was still hurtful because it used something Randall had no control over, and something others already treated him differently for, against him.

What they didn't explore was what happened between when they were 19 and when they were 40. Did they just not speak much over the years, so this all simmered, and they never really got over it? Or did Kevin continue to use Randall's blackness as a way to get back at him? Because it's very different doing that at 20, compared to 40. It seemed like Randall should have been able to deal with this more constructively before now. Or perhaps that's the current political/social climate, where you try to put things aside over the years, and mostly do, then things get worse and worse and wear you down so much you can't deal any more, and it all just comes to a head. I think that's a lot of why it came up now.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Watched it tonight, and yes, being white, it was hard to watch, because we are SO oblivious to our privilege.

I found the ending intriguing, where Randall slept next to his wife and dreamed of a different Ghost Kingdom, where the librarian and TV weatherman were no longer his parents. Instead his real deceased parents he did not grow up with replaced the ghosts. Maybe there will be a future episode where all four of Randall's parents are happily there together for him in his dreams, all raising him together and all loving him.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought the ep was well done.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It was good, but it was emotionally grueling. I just wanted to mama-bear-hug both of them.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Kevin and Madison- will the wedding happen? Next week is the season finale. Will we even find out or will THAT be the season cliffhanger? Or will it have to do with the San Francisco job that Toby is now pursuing?

Rebecca and Beth's scenes together. Love those two. Miguel's speech about Rebecca and Jack being written in the stars and he and Rebecca's being written together. Rebecca: Nude or with boxer shorts. "The latter" hahaha

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It started slowly but I thought this episode was beautiful. I particularly liked how Miguel and Rebecca made a difference with their helpful support and advice.

Not much of a spoiler but the rumor is that the season finale is going to have a shocking ending that will make people talk!

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I think it will be Madison that doesn’t go thru with it. That last scene of her watching Kevin’s video, I think she realized that Kevin’s answer was about him even though the question was how Madison saw their future.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen Jerry Maguire in SO long but there were so many references and the episode was called Jerry 2.0 so now I need to remember how the movie played out. Was it Nicky or Toby that said Jerry Maguire gave a great speech but nothing actually changed. They always talk about the Pearsons and their great speeches.

I had like an ah-ha moment though. You know in the flash forwards when Rebecca is dying and the white car that pulls up at night? I'm wondering if that will be Madison and Kate. In this episode they had Kate and Madison talking about the strength of their friendship and how it would last, then the next scene was a white car pulling to a curb at night. Obviously it wasn't the flash forward but the conversation they had and the white car kind of gave me a mental flash of the future scenes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kaili, I LOL when she said the latter hahah

I think Kev and Sophie will wed. I was proud of him for deleting Sophie's #. I wanted him with Sophie but I think he does love Madison and will stay with her for the kids

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I think you mean "Kevin and Madison will wed"?

I've always been a big Sophie fan but at this point I think that ship has sailed.

I think they showed Kevin deleting the number to show that unlike Jerry (in the movie), Kevin actually has changed. At least that's what I hope.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, yes I did :-) and I agree with you

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't expect to see Sophie too much in future episodes. She's on the Netflix show Virgin River (which is awesome, by the way) and will be busy with that, since it got picked up for a second season.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's on at 10:00 EDT tonight.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tonight is the last season finale for the show. Next year will be the show FINALE. NBC is going to start the last season later in the year than usual so there will be very few breaks during the season.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
This probably won't be a popular view, but I have enjoyed less Jack in recent episodes.

I don't think Kevin loves Madison. I think he thinks he should love her. I think he cares for her but doesn't have a deep connection, romantic or long lasting love for her.

I'm confused about Toby. Didn't he own a limousine business or something at the start of the show? When did he become an IT guy?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Kevin loves Madison, but perhaps not in a way that will last (in a romantic sense) beyond the children's school years. But some people make those sort of relationships work, and what Miguel said is very true.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Whoa! The ending tonight!

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Going to be a long wait for the start of the next season. Thought the season finale was great and they set several story lines in motion for the final season.
Never expected the way the episode ended, really thought it would be Kevin heading to the alter to marry Sophie.
Was proud of Madison for calling things off and putting herself first. That character has grown on me this season. I do think she and Kevin end up together and that her calling off the wedding was what he needed to realize he does love her.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Wow, what an interesting episode tonight. The last few minutes had my head spinning. That scene is obviously in the future and it does look like Kevin and Madison ended up together. We also saw Kate in a beautiful wedding dress and it appears she'll be marrying a man with a British accent. Was that man the music teacher who hired Kate as a teacher's aide for the music program at the school for the deaf?