TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 16, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 16, 2021 users admin

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Big Sky??

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was great from the start. The story pulled me in. I admit I felt like I didn't really understand everything going on until I watched the premiere a second time. Like I didn't get who was dead at the end, or who all the girls were at the fight. Once that was filled in, I knew I was in it to the end.

btw, for those who haven't watched it yet, Mare of Easttown on HBO stars Kate Winslet as a small town detective investigating a local murder. She has a past full of family tragedy which makes her seem broken and trodden upon.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Binge-watching shows has spoiled us for watching shows that only drop once a week! Sometimes we'll let the recordings pile up and watch a few at a time. It's so much better for us than waiting a week between episodes and forgetting all the details of the week before. Ugh!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Scoot, I watch Big Sky. I loved the first half of the season with Legarski, Ronald and his mother. I'm struggling with the second half if only because I really don't like the two lead females (they are terrible actresses - just like the two sisters who were kidnapped in the first half) and I don't like that they didn't wrap up Ronald's storyline in the first half.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We'll have to try The Nevers now that it's been recommended.

I watched Big Sky. I thought it was okay but I'm not sure where it's headed now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, I agree, the 2 main characters, Jenny & Cassie in
Big Sky are awful actors. Luckily some of the other actors in the 1st series were much better, John Carroll Lynch, Valerie Mahaffey and Brooke Smith for example.

We have only watched 1 or 2 episodes of the 2nd series and not sure if we will continue watching.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I thought the first half of Big Sky was very "Twin-Peakish" - so it was quirky even though the acting was terrible. I took it as a personal challenge to watch it because it was a train wreck. I don't know if I'm going to make it through the rest of the season.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah it was kind of fun while resting your brain.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, same! John Carroll was why I started watching and when they killed him off I worried if I would still like it. Those girls are awful! and the yellowstone storyline is dumb. I wish they showed more of Ronald and his new crazy gf!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I gave up before the end of the first half. Didn't know if it was because it was so weird or because acting was so bad. Ronald Pergman (Brian Geraghty) was in Chicago P.D. Not impressed by acting in that either.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 28, 2021 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I gave up on Big Sky very early on. I was attracted to the Twin Peak-ness, but then it just got ridiculous.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, May 03, 2021 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Leverage is coming back! I don't think Nate will be back but it looks like everyone else will be

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/05/leverage-redemption-first-look-promo.html

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 03, 2021 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh wow!! awesome!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 04, 2021 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did not last through the first episode of Big Sky. I have learned to drop shows where I just get a bad vibe and am left unhappy. This is more for shows where the plot is fiction.

Documentaries about real life situations work for me, even when violence is involved.

Just the way my brain works, does not have to make sense.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 09, 2021 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You guys mentioned "Cruel Summer on Freeform earlier in the thread and last night I binged the first 4 episodes and LOVED it. It's such an interesting mystery with teenagers. I must still be a teenager at heart.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 09, 2021 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Wait they are bringing in Noah Wylie? When we left, Parker Washakie over the crew!

They want men to run everything.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Naja, Cruel Summer is the best new TV show since Resident Alien

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching Web of Lies on ID, and the homeowner says "Of all the houses I could buy how did I buy one with a dead body in the backyard", LOL. I am sure it was quite surprising.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody watch the Mystery 101 series on Hallmark? They have made 6 feature length episodes since 2019, and the latest aired March 22. I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm only on ep 3.

Every ep is a new mystery with the same major stars. IMDB synopsis says " Amy, a college professor teaching "Whodunnit" fiction and amateur sleuth, helps the police and Detective Travis solve murder mysteries.", but what they left out is Detective Travis is very annoyed a crime fiction teacher is helping him. haha

It's fun, and the eps are in on-demand.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Naja that sounds right up my alley, I'll have to check it out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Naja, it is a good series, I have seen all of them and look forward to the new ones.

There is also a series called the Martha's Vineyards Mysteries that is fun. It stars Jesse Metcalfe.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 16, 2021 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was rewatching some of The Great British Baking Show and wondered if anyone else has ever noticed that not all the work stations seem to have sinks? It seems a bit unfair on both sides as some people would have a bit more work space and some people access to water for washing hands, equipment or water for recipes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 16, 2021 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never noticed.