TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 07, 2021 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn’t think they left it hanging. I thought Nicky decided to stay home and she left for Woodstock and California. But, maybe I’m wrong. I want Nicky to be happy. And I thought he was the happiest he has ever been seein and sleeping in the chair with the twins.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, he chose not to leave his parents. And then spent the next 50 years being one of the people who didn’t do things, instead of like Sally, who did.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think Nicky will try to find Sally while in CA. Or, he'll tell Kevin about her and Kevin will be able to locate her.
I am worried about Frannie, Kevin's daughter. In the future scenes his son was mentioned and shown, but I don't recall any references to his daughter.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Snoopsmom, they showed her in a scene at the house when Rebecca is lying in the bed.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I also loved this episode and had to grab a Kleenex at the end.

The Uncle Nicky storyline brings such a deep richness to the series.

The Vietnam stuff always bring me sadness. I was a teenager during this war and a few of my friends lost their older brothers in Vietnam.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just started watching this episode, but I had to come here and say that was NOT actual footage of the moon landing. I watched it in 1969 with my whole family, while eating dinner on TV trays (I even remember what we ate). There were no color cameras on the moon, so the footage was all in B&W and very grainy. Still very exciting. I was scared they'd step out of the module and sink into the sand. I was not quite 14 years old.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I agree with the Vietnam stuff. That was my era and I recall how it shaped peoples lives for many years afterwards. To this day, I know people with PTSD from the war. Not only did it shape lives, it changed the entire country. I think they are handling it so well. Not to mention that Griffin Dunne is excellent portraying the character.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished, and I agree the ending was sweet. I immediately teared up when Kevin found the picture of his dad and Uncle Nicky that Sally had taken. I think I had that America album that had the "Lonely People" song on it. Oh, I miss the 60s. Both of my parents and my two older sisters are gone now. I miss my family.

So sad that Nicky never made up with Jack. They were so close before they went to Viet Nam. This show just breaks my heart sometimes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought they were going to pan to Kevin listening to Nicky on a baby monitor

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I didn't know this was on last night, just went to NBC.com now without reading the rest of the thread. Uncle Nicky just broke the snow globes at the airport, and I am already crying.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Done. Oh hell, how not to love this show? (gonna go cry some more) It is perfect.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I didn’t think they left it hanging. I thought Nicky decided to stay home and she left for Woodstock and California. But, maybe I’m wrong. I want Nicky to be happy. And I thought he was the happiest he has ever been seein and sleeping in the chair with the twins.

quote:

Yeah, he chose not to leave his parents. And then spent the next 50 years being one of the people who didn’t do things, instead of like Sally, who did.

Interesting. I noted that Nick said he would meet Sally at the usual place at 11:30, after he told Sally his parents go to bed at 11 every night, after the news, and then his parents stayed up late for a special on the moon landing, and in the meantime, Sally was getting rousted by the park ranger to move on, and it was probably after 11, and she thought Nick might not have loved her enough to go off on this adventure with her.

I also kinda think Kevin will find Sally for Uncle Nicky, and she will turn out to have met and married another true love of her life, who has since died, but in the meantime, she had children and grandchildren, and Nick gets to belong to that family.

Anybody want to place any bets?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Pamy, me too!!

Good theory, Juju.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nicky has become one of my very favorite characters on the show, if not my favorite.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Went through lots of tissues. Yet another amazing ep.

I have a slightly different theory. By the time his parents went to bed, he was finally able to sneak out to meet Sally. But since she'd been forced to move the van, and he was late, he couldn't find her and, heartbroken, went home. I'm curious how long she waited in her other location... if she waited at all.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, love that theory!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they will find Sally at the dog park they are going to go to. There is a reason they showed that they worked at the animal shelter :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The snow globes broke me heart. They were so cute! When my son was 7, we took a trip to Lego Land in Southern CA. Bought a Lego Santa snow globe (it was right before Christmas). He had it in his backpack when we went through security. They told us we could check it, but couldn't take it on the plane. We would have had to stand in that long line again, so I said the heck with it and chucked the little snow globe in the trash. As we were headed up the escalator, I looked over and saw my son's little quivering lip. So we went back, dug the snow globe out of the trash and went back to check his backpack. The nice people at security let us cut the line on the second trip through.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
what a cool story!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sweet story, Babyjaxmom.

quote:

I wonder if they will find Sally at the dog park they are going to go to. There is a reason they showed that they worked at the animal shelter

Oh, Pamy, I heard the part about going to the dog park but didn't see it as a clue. You are so smart! Of course, that is what is going to happen. Because This Is Us.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Didn't realize they were going backwards today. Was looking forward to seeing what happened with Uncle Nickie.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
It was a rerun.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 06, 2021 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am sorry, but neither of my kids was allowed to cuddle up with their ‘study buddy’ in their room. Deja was totally right. There should be no double standard. My kids tried to throw that same guilt about no right to burst in their room and it was BS and for Tess to say her mom did it because they are same sex is wrong. Beth has proven she was just as cautious with Malek.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 06, 2021 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have not yet seen this episode, but there would be less incentive, not more, for a parent to burst into a same-sex bedroom where a liaison was going down. No baby being made by a baby. There is no way in HELL a boy would ever have been allowed into my bedroom. Plus we had study hall. You did your homework during study hall AT school.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 07, 2021 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Watched it tonight on nbc.com. It was satisfying, as always.