TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: New Amsterdam: Archive through March 26, 2021 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 04, 2021 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, all the series seem to be doing this. I find watching tv at night very boring sometimes because nothing I like is on.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I really like the black actress. She also on Acorns Law And Order UK

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 09, 2021 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did anyone get a new New Amsterdam tonight? Mine didn't tape, even though it said it would, so I'm wondering if it was a last minute repeat.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was new.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, a new episode that kept me hanging to the end.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Arg, thanks, I will find it on demand.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Good show. I like the way they are talking about the fear.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, March 18, 2021 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I did not like this episode. As the spouse of a diabetic, who has done a Shit ton of research and have been to several doctors and experts, I can honestly say I never ever heard of that math equation that Max did. And they have pens now for insulin. Nothing seemed accurate at all.
Also I don’t remember the lady who was directing the PSA. Was she a regular before??

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I wish the doctor would shave off that beard. It makes him look like a terrorist. I find it so distracting.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm not a fan of the beards either. I don't mind a well trimmed beard or a goatee, but a big bushy beard just makes me think the guy is too lazy to shave. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
This show is getting more and more “odd.” In many aspects. The dynamo doc who just came back cannot even find something to do there?? They make Iggy have a one episode food issue, that was never even mentioned before (unless I totally forgot) and boom he dumps out his drawer and is ok now? How in the world would they ever ever be able to get like 8 New York City cops to have an assignment to sit in an Emergency Room? And so much more. That diabetic thing was so unrealistic. And they wouldn’t attempt to get more help for the mom to help her realize that Linus was her child?
Hope they get back to more how it was before this year...

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
To tell the mom her son had died and then try to replace him with the real son she doesn't know seemed like an unusually bizarre way to treat that problem! I agree with all the things you mentioned, Julieboo.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Are they, perhaps, Jumping The Shark?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
There’s a story online about the actor who plays Ivy and the food issues he has had.

{http://https://people.com/health/new-amsterdam-tyler-labine-eating-disorder/}

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Iggy's always had food issues. I tend to watch shows for their entertainment value and not read into every little thing, it's more about enjoying the show and relaxing, getting away from the stress of everyday life for me, unplug so to speak.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't watch a drama on tv for everything to be perfectly factual. I enjoy the chemistry between the cast and the emotion. This show just makes you feel so many of them.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Mamie... :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The mom who didn't recognize her son had Capgras syndrome / delusion.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And they wouldn’t attempt to get more help for the mom to help her realize that Linus was her child?

They said it was an incurable condition. She had a tumor in her brain that was disrupting her ability to recognize her son's face. She would never be able to recognize his face.

I loved the Iggy storyline. I remember his snack drawer from last year. I thought he should have donated all those snacks to the staff breakroom, rather than dump them in the trash (seemed like a waste of money to me).

I've always hated my body, too, even though I was always relatively slim until after my son was born. I remember having an exam with a doctor when I was about 16 (pap smear perhaps?). I was lying on the exam table, when he jiggled my stomach (which wasn't that big, but wasn't flat either) and said, "You want to watch this." Ugh. That's stuck with me for nearly 50 years.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Funny how off comments can impact us so much regarding weight. Mine was in the 8th grade playing softball during recess. One guy yelled “put your weight behind it” in front of everyone. I still remember how I felt about the comment over 50 years later. Thus began my issues with weight over the years. I wasn’t even heavy then, but have fought weight issues all my life.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 26, 2021 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn’t understand why they couldn’t have explained to the mother that the boy was her son. She’d lost the ability to recognize, but why had she lost the ability to reason?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 26, 2021 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, I'm sorry that happened to you, I wish you wouldn't have taken it so personally and were able to blow it off.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 26, 2021 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It's the Capgras syndrome. It did not allow the mom to recognize the boy as her son. There was no reasoning that he was because she absolutely did not recognize him.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, March 26, 2021 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Exactly Kitt!! Why couldn’t they locate trusted friends to help her? Or did she lose the ability to recognize anyone?? Wouldn’t video and photographs help? If not, they didn’t explain it very well.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 26, 2021 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
As they were looking at MRI (?) results on the screen, the one doctor said -- that's it! She saw whatever on the screen and recognized the problem. I remember them saying there's no cure. So her brain does not allow her to recognize her son. Nothing is going to change that.