TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 22, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 22, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 06, 2021 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Baby Jax mom. It was very good watch the first season first so it makes sense.

Thanks, Fan3. I have it in Hulu. I hate coming in in the middle of a series, so I avoid it at all costs. Always have to start at the beginning!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching the Australian tv series " Five Bedrooms"? I watch it in Canada on the Women's Network. If you watched the Australian series "Offspring" it has the actress who played the lead characters sister in it. It is a comedy/drama.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Miz, I have Five Bedrooms on my watchlist.

The subject of deep fake technology was in a good series on Peacock called The Capture. An inspector investigates the case against a soldier accused of killing his barrister. I’m not sure what streaming service carries it in Canada. It originally aired on BBCOne.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Mame, thank you for your comment - I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 14, 2021 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded Clarice. Has anyone watched it yet and is it DVR-worthy?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 14, 2021 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it was ok, kind of slow. I will give it 1 or 2 more eps. I love the cast though

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, then I will hold off on watching and wait for your opinion after a couple of more episodes. I value your and others opinions about shows that are worth watching and those that are worth ditching on the DVR.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, The Equalizer was great, watch that one :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Clarice was okay. It’s getting slammed by critics though. Pretty hard to be the TV sequel to a historic top five category Oscar winner. Rather strangely, it’s also hampered by the fact that for some reason, they can’t or don’t directly reference Hannibal Lecter, though they are referencing all the rest of it. Baffling.

I liked it well enough to watch a second episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, my hubby is a huge "Silence of the Lambs" fan. He loved "Clarice." I watched it with him. I thought it was good. Often first episodes seem slow cause they have to introduce all the new characters and we have to get "comfortable" with them. I thought it was a good start.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Rather strangely, it’s also hampered by the fact that for some reason, they can’t or don’t directly reference Hannibal Lecter, though they are referencing all the rest of it. Baffling.

It is probably a legal issue. I remember the series Hannibal have trouble securing the rights to tell the Silence of the Lambs story on their show. This show seems to be able to reference the story but cannot say the name Hannibal Lecter. Nutty. This is just my guess.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Probably.

I’ll add that the misogyny displayed by the FBI agents makes this almost intolerably frustrating to watch.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This is the Random Discussions thread so I thought I could put this here.

A couple of days ago I was watching something on TV ("Ridiculousness" maybe?) and they started talking about phobias, so I started asking Alexa what various fears were called, from the fear of the sky to the fear of cats to the fear of Jupiter, and finally to the fear of toilet paper.

Anyhow, when I asked "What do you call the fear of toilet paper?" I got an answer that cracked me up! Alexa made a joke, but I think it wasn't intentional. Alexa looked it up on the web and told me what she found. I think some human made a joke that went over Alex's head and she(it) passed it along as if it were honest-to-god truth.

You need to use these exact words when you try it...

"Alexa, What do you call the fear of toilet paper?"

Here is what I got as an answer. I put it in a spoiler box because it's funnier when Alexa gives this answer than when I do.....so ask your Alexa before you read the answer!

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Question: Alexa, What do you call the fear of toilet paper?

Answer from naive (she/it-will-believe-anything) Alexa: It's the classic fear of missing out, only it's toilet paper.

rotflmao

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LMAO!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy, did you ask Alexa first or just read my spoiler box?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just read your box but I read it in Alexa's voice LOL

( I dont have Alexa, I have a Hey Google)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Couldn't see a Disney+ thread so posting here. My daughter and I just started watching "Wanda Vision" on Disney+. At the moment there are 6 episodes, 26 minutes each. We quickly watched the first 4 last night. It is a bit confusing at the beginning but by episode 3 you have a better understanding of what is happening.}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My son follows the Marvel universe stuff so he has been giving me some knowledge as the show goes along. I really like it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I belonged to a weekly game group for a year. On game was to name a fear, we all had to define it and then guess if any one was right.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This Sunday night on HBO starts a 4 part docu-series call Allen v. Farrow.

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/allen-v-farrow

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just added that one to our list, Naja!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Anyone looking at Debris on NBC, starting March 1?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Miz and Mamie, DH and I just binged on the first 5 eps of WandaVision and yes, it gets good and starts to make sense by the 3rd ep. Hooked now. :-)

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, February 22, 2021 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I didn’t really care for the pilot of Resident Alien but the next three episodes improved. Don’t think the occasional vulgarities & grossness add to the show, however “realistic” they may be.

It’s a bit like Northern Exposure crossed with 3rd Rock from the Sun with some Mork-style narration, but the alien is much more dangerous and his mission is much darker. Just not sure any darker & more dangerous than some humans can be.

The tone veers from horrifying to hilarious to haunting, sometimes within moments.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 22, 2021 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't quite caught up (still have one episode to see from last week) but so far I'm enjoying it. It's a quirky mix of drama, humor, macabre humor with a bit of horror thrown in. A real fish out of water thing.