TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: New Amsterdam: Archive through March 04, 2021 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Kitt, I found the complete script of that ep and then scrolled down to the relevant convo. I think this is what you are looking for. Notice the website is in the UK! ;)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That is exactly the lines that were cut from my recording!! Stupid On Demand!!

Thank you thank you . Must go back to hiding from the thread now, until I've caught up. It's such a good show so I especially don't want to spoil myself!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just caught up. I think the sheet was over a driver. Bloom went through the window but was still alive, but clearly in a bad state. As the actress was on maternity leave I'm guessing she wanted to leave and she will die. I didn't see Sharpe and it never occurred to me they would kill her off because she's the female lead to the show, the way I look at it. I think she'll be ok.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Apparently the actress who plays Bloom was also on Mat leave IRL, which is why her character was sent off to rehab.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If you look at the shoes on the person under the sheet, it looks like it was Helen.

Hopefully not.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
NBC aired the pilot tonight. I missed a couple things the first time. Scheduled for next Sunday night too. The whole season during the summer early fall?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I knew I was right! The body under the sheet was someone that worked there but not any main character. They sure had us going but once I saw the two doctors walking around, I knew he was just imagining his wife. It was very sad but now they can put Helen and Max together. You know they are heading that way.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It seems that way to me. Funny that the assistant ended up on the board. I guessed it about halfway through the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just watched this week's show last night. It was about the opioid crisis. How many people have been affected by it, how many have died. All for money. It was very, very powerful. I see Emmy nominations. It was really a well written episode.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like this show a lot, but cannot always watch the entire thing. The characters are interesting. I really like the guy who plays his assistant. He's not always on it, but when he is, I enjoy the back and forth between them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, the only assistant Max has had lately is that lady in the motorized scooter. Are you perhaps talking about the other surgeon, the brain surgeon who's moving to San Francisco to be with his fiance?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nope. The no-nonsense assistant, that attends the board meetings so Max does not have to, is the one that I like.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
This guy, he plays Todd, Max's assistant. I've only seen him sporadically this season.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7817340/
mediaviewer/rm1473099777?ft0=name&fv0=
nm1496294&ft1=image_type&fv1=still_frame

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah. He's a board member.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, February 29, 2020 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought he was originally Max’s assistant, then Max nominated him for the board.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 29, 2020 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
You're probably right. :-)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, February 29, 2020 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, that's how I remember it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 29, 2020 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He was a veteran who couldn't get a job, because his military training didn't translate well with ordinary job titles. Max took him on as his assistant (because the guy needed a job) at about the time that the board wanted a flashy new member. He was too authoritarian for Max as an assistant, but Max sold Todd's experience to the board, and they made him a new member. I think we've only seen him three or four times since.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I used to love this show. I haven’t seen it for quite awhile because I always missed when it was on or just was too tired to stay up. Last night, it was on again. OMG...Such a good episode. The first 5 minutes was an amazing tribute to health care workers, I was in tears. The story was so good too, intertwining post Covid with the story. Then, the final minutes has me in tears again. Now, I’m going to go to Peacock to catch up on the episodes I’ve missed.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Love this show sooooo much. Yeah last night was awesome.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
One of my favorites!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am so messed up with when shows are on anymore. It was nice to discover this gem again. I didn't realize that it wasn't cancelled.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 04, 2021 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I also am a big fan of the show. I hope they don't kill off the doctor with covid. He is one of my favorite characters.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 04, 2021 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Mine too. I was glad to see that the heart doctor, who left, was coming back. I really liked his character.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 04, 2021 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I think they just took a looooooong break because of Covid. We really enjoyed this episode, too. It's so well written. I loved at the end the one doctor told Max that Dr. Kapoor needed a really good heart surgeon, so Max called Dr. Reynolds (the black doctor who moved to San Francisco to be with his fiancee). I hope they're bringing him back to the show. He was great!