TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 04, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: Archive through October 04, 2019 users admin

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I do not know where I read it but I seem to recall we will also go to 6 episodes a week. But now I cannot find it. I hope we do so we do not fall too far behind.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
In 1982 I met Johnny Briggs who played Mike Baldwin. (in Toronto). Before meeting him, I had sent a fax to the London office to ask if Deirdre ends up with Mike Baldwin? I got a call, and they laughed at me and said I would have to wait and find out. At that time we were A YEAR BEHIND, and of course we didn't have the internet. I had the fax with me and in addition to getting an autographed photo from him, he signed the fax. I sent the photos that Bill Podmore (producer) took of us to the girls in London. They put them up in their coffee room. Some one said "who is that?" Valerie, in Toronto. "is that her husb -----?
OMG." Not too long after that a man walked by my desk and said "oh, you're the Coronation Street fan". And wouldn't you just know it, I was wearing the same dress that was in the photos. He was just visiting our office from England and happened upon me.

Along with Johnny, there was Julie Goodyear who was the infamous Bet Lynch, and Brian Tilsley, (Christopher Quinten) who was Gail McIntyre's first husband, and also Nick's dad. An interesting note, when Brian left the show he moved to the US and I don't know if you know this but after he had been there awhile, he MARRIED Leeza Gibbons.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Great story EG!

Last nights proposal lol! Priceless Steve and Corrie. And the bar scene with Lizs zinger to Gail. Loved Peter and Toya in the background. Time will tell how Leanne and Steve progress.

I am sick of Michelle. The only way this woman seems to emote is yelling or running her hands thru her hair and rubbing her head. Why on earth is Will doing this? I can't see any reason for this story to crop up.

Again why have they made Rosie such an airhead? I'd like her to drop it and say it was all an act, it was easier in the model business or whatever she did and in Florida with the people she was with to act that way. Then we can move on. It's not cute it's not funny. She's at her best with the odd comedic line they give her, her timing is good.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, September 15, 2017 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Starting next week double episode on Mondays in Canada!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
If you guys get a chance take a look at the extended preview at ITV. All I can say is WOW! We are in for a ride.

So what does everyone think of the Andy reveal? I always thought he had lived but taken off. And Will? Who knew a pair of glasses could make someone so creepy.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Lol Will does look intense and evil with those glasses on!
I was completely taken by surprise to see Andy alive!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I just saw the ITV Fall preview and WOW! The next few months are going to be awesome!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Wow just wow!

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4523140/coronation-street-spoiler-pat-phelan-to-murder-six-characters-on-evil-rampage-with-daughter-nicola-set-to-become-his-next-victim/

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Looks like they are pulling out all the stops!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
To be honest there is only one person on there I'd like to keep around!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Maybe someone else will remember this, but how does Johnny own the factory?

If I recall correctly, Aidan bought it from Carla and Peter. How Adam thought he was entitled to some cut when Mike sold it so long ago, (and let's face it has been dead quite a while!) is beyond me so I don't understand his venegeance.
So why does Johnny get involved? I've thought this a while. I thought he just appeared to help his kids out. Frankly I'm hoping Ayla gets some sort of winfall and she buys up the factory reopens and hires Aidan as the sales guy. the staff need their jobs back two steps from their doorsteps.

I am quite disappointed in the ptb at Corrie for firing Bruno (Todd) right off the bat instead of suspending him until the investigation is completed. And what is he being accused of? But geesh they hung on to Ken and Kevin for yonks waiting for verdicts and those were some pretty serious and multiple charges. I imagine it is because of the hotbed of issues with Weinstein and the others coming out of the woodwork.

I wonder if they will recast or send him away. I've always liked the character even when he is bad. Poor Eileen both her boys away and hopefully Phelan will get his and then she will be alone dealing with that. not good.

I hate they have gotten Nicola up the duff with Gary. There goes Gary and Sarah which worked until that stupid job and his personality transplant.

Umm I hate this Colin character. What is his purpose?

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly, Aiden stole the money from Johnny's bank account to buy the factory. So Johnny said it was his.

I was also very disappointed with the Bruno events. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

I read they are sending him away and he takes Summer, that would be too bad as I like the characters and the storyline.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I read that as well. I imagine it has something to do with Billy not being able to adopt her or something. I thought that their family was a good addition.

Re the factory I'm still fuzzy on the events. Sigh. What you've said rings a bell. Lol dimly.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I am seeing reports of a shocking death. well, it shocked me.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Well, that is that. At least he has manned up to his mistakes and will take his deserved punishment. So sad two women had to go through this.

https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2017/coronation-street-bruno-langley-pleads-guilty-to-sexual-assaults/

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Smh. Being drunk is no excuse. Faced with the truth I’m glad he pled guilty rather than drag the women thru a court case.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Friday, June 22, 2018 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Seems like we are getting a lot of turnovers.
Finally rid of Phelan, that seemed to go on and on.
Some of the storylines seem to go nowhere or at least don't make any sense.
Have to admit that keeping up during the Olympics, was difficult, with different time schedules.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I must admit that I had to stop watching this show during the Bethany stuff and Phelan, now they have Josh, who raped David. I've been a fan since 1978, so it is such a shame what they have done to this fine program.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I hung in there and watched it all. Sometimes you got to shake your head and wonder how and why they come up with some of these storylines. Looks like Simon is taking on a sinister role with the way he's acting. Johnny is being such a jerk to his wife, and I miss Noriss and hope he can make it back!! I heard a rumour that Steve's dad may be coming back!!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
C.J.
I would love me some "Jim Macdonald". I've read the same thing.

Val

Peapod

01-31-2004

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching? This Sinead story is making me cry every night.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Are you up to date with the current UK episodes? But yes, me too.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Kitt, no I don't think I am. I'm watching on the CBC out of Windsor/Toronto-I think we are a couple of weeks behind at least. How 'bout you?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's what I wondered, so I didn't want to spoil. I'm watching the UK episodes on dailymotion, but the situation with Sinead is still the same, and it's heartbreaking. They never seem to have happy endings.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have been leaving the room when Sinead is on, I cant bear to watch this ever so sad story play out!