TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 05, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Cancellations and Renewals: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 05, 2021 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Neighborhood and Bob hearts Abishola renewed by CBS.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mom cancelled by CBS. This current season will be the last.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
NCIS: New Orleans cancelled by CBS. This current season will be the last.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dang, I love NCIS New Orleans best of the whole franchise. I worked in Houston for 8 years, only went to New Orleans once, but knew a LOT of people from Louisiana. They may speak a dialect of American English many people cannot understand but they are wonderful and genteel people. OMG, the storyline of "King" and his half-black brother due to his white father's infidelities, and their reconciliation is a paean unto itself.

I will surely miss this show, but I suppose it may have run its course.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Rumor has it that there will be a NCIS Hawaii coming.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I still enjoy the original NCIS with Mark Harmon.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, NCIS in Hawaii! That would be fun. Although I hate to think about crime in Hawaii, since it's such a paradise. I had the same issue with Dog the Bounty Hunter. They showed us such an ugly side of the islands.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
NCIS Hawaii... they should have just left Hawaii Five-O on the air... It would have been sad to see Steve and Danny leave the show... but I really enjoyed the rest of the cast. At least we can see some of them on Magnum PI...

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I both thought "Mom" was better without Anna Faris. I would have kept watching.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
A bit surprised about Mom, it still has some life left in it and the cast is fun.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Allison Janney needs to have a new series. She was the only reason I ever watched it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I still watch the original NCIS with Mark Harmon, but realistically Mark Harmon is maybe a couple years younger than me and in an equivalent federal law enforcement agency to mine. We ALL had optional retirement with 20 years law enforcement and mandatory retirement at age 57 (don't want old people running around with guns), which used to be age 55 when I and the fictional Gibbs hired on. Gibbs is good, but he is around 13 years past mandatory retirement.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
But, you have to admit that he's still a handsome silver fox.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 22, 2021 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
CBS sure has a lot of people scratching their heads. Both NCIS: New Orleans and Hawaii 5-0 were consistently in the top 20-30 every week. Neither cancellations make much sense.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 22, 2021 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think the main driver for Hawaii Five-O was that Alex O'Laughlin wanted out... his body was trashed because I guess he did a lot of his own stunts... but I really do think they could have kept the show going with the current cast...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 22, 2021 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Alex wanted out a couple of seasons earlier but then agreed to stay so the entire crew (300-400 people) would not be out of a job. They brought on that new guy at the end of the final season. It did seem like the cancellation caught them off-guard since their ratings were pretty good. I think that cast could have held their own without Alex.

I think a lot of these changes have to do with the new guy that took over after Les Moonves left. This new guy does NOT like The Amazing Rce and shelved Season 32 for almost two years.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Oval renewed by BET.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah... I knew all that about Hawaii Five-O except for the "new guy"... Boo to him! I loved the show... I still haven't been able to watch the finale... still on my DVR... I know it will make me sad. It's nice to see some of the characters on other shows... Magnum, McGyver...

and BOOOOO about Mom being cancelled!!!! I would love to hear the justification behind that!!! I imagine someone thinks no one wants to watch a show about5 middle-aged to older women. Joy just tugs at my heart strings... when she found out her dentist was retiring I cried with her... I hope they are able to give her a happy ending.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"Ray Donovan Lives! Showtime Orders 'Feature-Length Film' In Wake of Surprise Cancellation"

https://tvline.com/2021/02/24/ray-donovan-movie-showtime-season-8-liev-schreiber/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Twilight Zone cancelled by CBS All Access.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's a shame. The two first seasons were really fun binges.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Simpsons renewed for Seasons 33 and 34 by Fox.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pose at FX cancelled/will end with upcoming Season 3, starting in May.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
boooo I love Pose

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pose had previously announced they were only doing 3 seasons but I was hoping they would change their minds and keep going for a few more.