TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 26, 2021 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
😃 BJM

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Aw that's a sweet memory. One of the great things about This is Us is it gets us thinking about these things. :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed the show last night. They appear to be more in the story telling mode, rather than the big reveal of a secret. There was another flash forward with Daja and Annie going to say goodbye to Rebecca. . Annie is studying to be a doctor, I think. Daja is pregnant, but only Annie knows. Still no sign of Kate. A white car comes driving up, but we don’t know who is in it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
"'This Is Us' Just Set Up a Brand New Mystery"

Link

OK to read the article if you've watched 2/24 episode. No spoilers in it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watched that episode tonight on nbc.com. And I think nbc.com cuts off the final scenes for some reason. I was a bit lost at the end, when I think Beth and Randall's three daughters all ended up at ?Kevin's? house where something big and dire is going on. I thought it was Deja tonight who is in medical school and pregnant but nobody knows it yet, except the sister who picked her up. And I don't know that we ever saw Beth in those Kevin's house scenes in previous seasons. And Randall and Deja, oh, who knows?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua, thanks for the link to the article. It was a good read for me.....and yeah.... who's in the car??

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Juju, we have seen part of the gathering at the house (maybe last season). It had some foreshadowing that maybe they were gathered to say goodbye to Rebecca.
There were also a lot of jokes cause old Kevin was gorgeous and some of the others haven’t aged as well LOL

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Juju, it is Deja who is a medical student and is pregnant. And it looks like Annie is the only one who knows about the pregnancy so far.

Now I wait to see who the father is of Deja's pregnancy.

My favorite scene tonight shows Kevin waking up to hear the babies crying and as he walked into the nursery, Jack was holding both babies and had soothed them to stop crying. The twins were Jack's grandchildren. The conversation between Kevin and Jack was perfect and so okay, tears may have fallen from my eyes.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They've hit it out of the park (under difficult circumstances) with these last two episodes.

Madison has turned into a wonderful character. Not that I didn't always like her but they've done well expanding her character. The way she let Kevin sleep in the car was so sweet.

The entire episode with the past, present and future scenes was very well put together.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Egbok, when Kevin walked into the nursery to see his dad holding the babies, I nearly lost it. My dad didn't live to see my son either. What a sweet dream!

This was a tough one to watch. After having dementia for many years, my mom finally passed in January. I only saw her three times during the past year of her life and only for a few minutes at a time and socially distanced. I feel like time was stolen from us.

I did have a dream about my mom this morning. I dreamed that we were going through my jewelry box, looking at earrings. She liked a certain pair and I told her she could have them. I wonder what that means??? It was sweet.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I was going to add that once again, Kate made it all about Kate. It was so obvious that their birth mom was in terrible emotional pain, and Kate seemed angry at her for not being able to be a part of their lives! Come on, Kate, grow a heart!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL BJM, I thought the same thing.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ps, what a sweet dream. Google it and see what comes up

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

My favorite scene tonight shows Kevin waking up to hear the babies crying and as he walked into the nursery, Jack was holding both babies and had soothed them to stop crying. The twins were Jack's grandchildren. The conversation between Kevin and Jack was perfect and so okay, tears may have fallen from my eyes.

Wait, no. Kevin did hear babies crying, which were probably his babies, and in his dream (remember he had not slept in days except for the drive home from the hospital when Madison drove) he got up to tend to his babies, and found his father Jack holding babies who had now all stopped crying. I was COUNTING babies. Jack was holding THREE babies. The third one seemed like it was sort of taped to his chest, but Jack definitely had three babies.

Kevin's dream was indeed about how he could never measure up to his Dad because his Dad could magically handle three babies, while Kevin was at the end of his rope with just two. And then his Dad gave him the words of advice about sons and fathers.

I mean, same message, but slightly different twist if Kevin is seeing his father holding Kevin and his two siblings. Also a bit dream-funny if you try to figure out how Jack is managing to hold up that third baby.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well I never, Jack and THREE babies! Never doubt the Juju!

jack three
(screenshot from the episode)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFvCHGXCIQ

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh but wait, seconds later the middle baby just turns into a blanket!

jack two

I wonder if they were teasing us with making us wonder if it was a flash back in the first shot. That or we're meant to think Kevin kind of melds the two images - Jack with his triplets and Jack with Kevin's twins - into one during his dream. I like that last version, that they're showing the similarity.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Interesting. Thanks for the great sleuthing Kitt!!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
LOL at "Oh but wait, seconds later the middle baby just turns into a blanket!" LOL!

It seems like if Jack were holding his triplets, there would be two blue blankets and one pink. This was very important back in those days, maybe not so much now. My

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I did wonder about the colours, but it really did, I think intentionally, look like three whole bulky babies at the time of the first screenshot, and then flash to Kevin and back to Jack, and the middle one's all squashed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought I saw three babies, too, but then I thought, oh no, these are Kevin's babies. And as for the pink and blue colors, it might be important in the beginning, but as time goes by, you just use whichever blanket is CLEAN. It doesn't matter what color it is. Babies are very messy! When my son was first born, he had little spaghetti legs and I couldn't get the diaper tight enough around them. He was always leaking, and I was changing his bedding, as well as his clothes, constantly. The things nobody tells you before you bring them home! (I also didn't know their skin peels off for the first few days, cause they've literally been underwater for nine months. It was like caring for a little baby lizard, although an adorable one!)

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Maybe the second pink blanket is meant to insinuate Jack is holding Kevin's twins and Kate's new baby girl... just a thought...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hmmm that is an idea. I do think the writer/director was up to something.

I didn't know babies sloughed skin either!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
How many boxes of Kleenex have you used since the start of This Is Us?

I'm tenderhearted and I've probably uses about 3 boxes so far.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I only noticed Jack holding 2 babies, but if there were 3, I think it makes sense the 3rd would represent Kate's daughter.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good work, Kitt, and that's why I love you so. But, just as soon as you posted the first screenshot of the babies Jack was holding, I noticed the pink and blue blanket count was wrong, which also explains that third baby looking like it was taped to Jack's shirt. Yeah, the producers are messing with our minds, I think.